Enjoying Anal

I tried anal with my OH for the first time, and although it took some work and a bit of time, we finally got there. However I just didn't enjoy it. It didn't hurt like I expected it to but it wasn't enjoyable either. Forgive the crudeness, but to me it just felt like I needed a poo.

I want to try it more as my OH really enjoyed it and I liked doing it for him, but ideally I'd like to get some sexual pleasure too.

Am I just going to have to keep trying??

Any advice/suggestions would be great.

Do you have any anal toys? I would advise trying a beginners butt plug. Trying wearing it for a little while to get used to the sensation of something being there. . You can buy beginners kits on here that hav several different sizes of butt plug so you can slowly strech things.
I don't do anal all the time but I used to get the "needing to poo" sensation if I wasn't relaxing.

Do you have any anal toys? I would advise trying a beginners butt plug. Trying wearing it for a little while to get used to the sensation of something being there. . You can buy beginners kits on here that hav several different sizes of butt plug so you can slowly strech things.
I don't do anal all the time but I used to get the "needing to poo" sensation if I wasn't relaxing.

You just need to practice and relax more, it takes a good few goes before you can really relax and enjoy the sensations of it. It was about 8 times for me, and the last time it was great!!

Hey Leiney

Welcome to the forums!

Practice definitely makes perfect so I'd recommend you experiment with anal sensations alone before experimenting with your partner. This way you can 'tune into' what you like about being stimulated anally on your own. The next thing you know, you'll only be focussing on the pleasurable feeling, to the point where you naturally enjoy anal.

Also relaxation is certainly key. As is suitable lubrication.

Also, you might find that adding clitoral stimulation during anal heightens the pleasure and helps you reach orgasm.

Have fun!

Also try having vaginal sex with a butt plug in situ, to me she feels tighter, and for her she feels me rubbing inside her more, better sex all round.

Will also help to associate positive feelings with something in your bum!

We did start out using a beginners butt plug at first. While i had this in my OH pleasured me as well but i found that i didn't enjoy it as much because i was distracted by the plug, but it was a good way to get started. We tried vaginal sex using the but plug as well but i constantly though the plug was coming out so couldn't really concentrate

We used lots of lube, which helped ease the initial pain so it didn't hurt.

But i definately wasn't as relaxed as i could have been, after all it was my first time and at something i never thought i'd do.

I will try it some more and do my best to relax.

Thanks guys!

As someone who's only tried it once or twice, I agree with the needing a poo feeling! I think if we were ever going to try more will def have to follow the comments above more...

Hello =) this really helped me get into anal http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13504 good luck!

aside from the relax yourself , lube and buttplugs options ... i will just add to be devils advocate here .. some people just DONT enjoy it . if its not your thing , then its just not ... so dont worry too much , you cant make yourself enjoy something if it just aint your bag . dont feel pressured to MAKE yourself enjoy it if you know you wont x

My OH was against anal for years, one way street and all that.

Lately she's enjoyed having her asshole teased during sex and we've recently started having anal sex.

So it's a complete change of view for her, and a win win for me!

Something's just take time or the right frame of mind.

Lately she's enjoyed having her asshole teased during sex and we've recently started having anal sex.

dirty_boy wrote:

i was the same as your OH dirty boy ..

iv only tried it once and it didnt hurt like i thought it would but also didnt feel pleasurable, i didnt get the feeling of needing to poo but i did feel like i wanted to pee, weird lol like the tips from the other posters though, if i try it again will defo take some of their advice :)

Honestly that feeling will pass, you just need to practice and you'll get used to the sensation. Recommend a butt plug but also a prober like this one

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2041

The butt plug will allow you to get used to the feeling of "fullness" but the prober will make you more comfortable with the moving in and out feeling which is what can feel really strange at first.

Most importantly, just relax! And if you feel uncomfortable just stop and try again another time xx

Naughty Miss K wrote:

As someone who's only tried it once or twice, I agree with the needing a poo feeling! I think if we were ever going to try more will def have to follow the comments above more...

I'm glad it's not just me!! If I didnt think about it, thn i didnt notice, so thats probably connected to the relax thing x

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Hello =) this really helped me get into anal http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13504 good luck!

thanks I might try this as the plug we have at the moment is actually quite small in comparison t my OH and i think a bit more experimenttation might help

rubysoho wrote:

aside from the relax yourself , lube and buttplugs options ... i will just add to be devils advocate here .. some people just DONT enjoy it . if its not your thing , then its just not ... so dont worry too much , you cant make yourself enjoy something if it just aint your bag . dont feel pressured to MAKE yourself enjoy it if you know you wont x

I was always agaisnt the idea but have recently come around as my OH wanted to try it and we have been together a while so i trusted him, and was starting to llike the idea as neither of us had done it before so it was new.

and i did get a great feel of intimacy between us and I didnt hate it but just got no pleasure other than getting turned on because he was enjoying it. I dont feel pressured to enjoy it but would like to as i know he does

I'd say lube is a must, helps you relax and takes a lot of that feeling away. Also lots of foreplay leading up to the big event ;)

We use the lubes and then work up from finger, to toys then him and also finding a position that's good for you, doggy doesn't suit us, it's too uncomfortable at least to start, but spoons works well.

Have fun experimenting :)

You could try a toy or stimulating your clit at the same time? I never used to like it much, but now I love it, more than my husband. The orgasms are mind blowing but it has taken quite a while for me to enjoy it this much.
I'd just say explore and see what you like. Don't rush it :) x