Exercise and sexual appetite

I've been on a massive gym drive lately and have found I'm incredibly horny afterwards, not that it usually be able to do anything other than rash out though. It got me thinking is this a normal(ish) thing? Do guys experience it more than ladies?

Everything works better if the body gets regular exercise, so no wonder — assuming of course that in the process one does not collapse with a massive heart attack, that is ;)

I experience this every time I go to the gym! If I don't go for a couple of days, I find that my sex drive isn't as high as it usually is. Going to the gym releases endorphins and puts you in a good mood. It also gets your blood flowing around your body, and sends blood to certain areas which may naturally make you feel more aroused.

Funny you should mention this, I looked this up only yesterday!
I've been cutting back on my usual portions of food and doing a fair bit of exercise after which I really feel like sex a lot ( even more than usual)
Apparently exercise can release more testosterone in men and women which increases sex drive. Don't know whether it increases more in men than women , but it w ould seem to be normal :)

Yes, exercise does have a massive impact on your sex drive, I always feel very sexy after a workout. Exercise releases lots of feel good endorphins, and also balances the body's sex hormones, such as testosterone and the human growth hormone. Of course you will also feel generally better about yourself because you are looking after your body, which has the knock on effect of making you feel more confident about yourself. I personally think it's pretty much equal between men and women :) xx

commute to work by bike every day, unless it's chucking it down, I always seem to be horny!

amandammmm wrote:

*note to self* go to the gym....

I think I had better go too. Sounds like a win-win situation.

I've been debating signing up to a gym for a while and I must admit, this is seriously making me considering it now. :P

everytime I convince myself its ok to skip the gym, I will refer myself to this post for re-consideration!

There's so many benefits from excersise, and that doesn't mean you have to sign up to a gym. Just have a look on YouTube for some workout videos, or buy a skipping rope or something, as long as you're moving you're heading in the right direction. The endorphins that are released can do wonders for a lot of things, like improving skin completion and it's great for fighting depressinon and anxiety issues. It just genrally overall makes you feel a lot happier, don't get me wrong, it's still a massive chore to go to the gym, but I feel amazing after I've had a good workout.

I love going to the gym, working out gives me a real buzz. Dont know if it has an affect on how horny I am as I am pretty horny most of the time anyway! But it cant do any harm can it :)

In my youth I could achieve an erection at the drop of a hat; I was always playing sport - football, cricket, squash, cycling etc but never saw any connection. I put it down to being me.

I note that Amanda and Cap are off to the gym; a good suggestion. I'd like to be fitter but not necessarily hornier. And if I were to fall over, better in the gym than on a lonely road.

MrsMcX wrote:

I experience this every time I go to the gym! If I don't go for a couple of days, I find that my sex drive isn't as high as it usually is. Going to the gym releases endorphins and puts you in a good mood. It also gets your blood flowing around your body, and sends blood to certain areas which may naturally make you feel more aroused.

+1 and testosterone;)

Now seriously contemplating re-upping my gym membership just for the increase of endorphins and sex drive!

I think it is true.

Since I stated excercising regularly , I feel more in the mood and feel more sexier. Unfortaunately for me My Mrs , hasn't ,and her sex drive has wained a bit recently .I think its the heat that lowers her sex drive.

I agree with mysteron , I think it is true ! 

I was addicted to the gym at one point and felt like I had much more of a sexual appetite , well actually I generally felt more active and alive !

GPs often recommend the gym due to the endorphins it releases , so why not use it to help a sex life too . It helps manage depression in a lot of cases and this may be a chain reaction to sex life help. 

Oh boy I need to get back to the gym ! 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I was addicted to the gym at one point and felt like I had much more of a sexual appetite , well actually I generally felt more active and alive !

GPs often recommend the gym due to the endorphins it releases , so why not use it to help a sex life too . It helps manage depression in a lot of cases and this may be a chain reaction to sex life help.

I think you do especially as you went very quiet since your first post on the "Get it Off Support thread" when you said you needed to" get your butt in gear " ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

mysteron wrote:

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I think you do especially as you went very quiet since your first post on the "Get it Off Support thread" when you said you needed to" get your butt in gear " ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I take this as my 'kick up the butt' haha 

My to do list now includes re-join gym .... dun dun dun 

Just have more sex instead of gym.

sex is the equivalent of a 10 mile run lol![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) plus its cheaper lol

This is where I'm going wrong in life. I need to be lifting weights instead of cake to my face!