Exes Pics

Somewhere in here is also a joke about collecting past ex-girlfriends like Pokemon but I can't think it up.

Sorry the thread has upset you, Diamonds. I think it just shows that everyone has different views on what they draw the line at. It's great to know these things because it means we'll stand our ground in a relationship if anyone ever tried to cross those line and disrespect our feelings. Strong feelings are good.

It all comes back to the same point: guys, ladies, if you think your OH will be crushed by what you're doing, you may want to stop or reassess how compatible you are.

Tigerlilies wrote:

See, I think the emotional connection is redundant. Emotions will always be there and the only way to have a relationship with someone without baggage is to marry a foetus. A w*nk's a w*nk and there's no real, other person in the room.

Putting all your photos in a shrine with candles is creepy though. Don't do that.

I think that sums up one side of this debate nicely (and it made me giggle).

As you said, emotions will always be there with other people, because a feeling is sexual doesn't immediately make it stronger or more off limits than say, the best night of their life in Rome with their ex (regardless of sex).

I think that's creepier than candle shrines... We have a name for people like that, don't we? I'm sure feetophiles is already taken and that seems much too young to use the dredded P word... I'm confused!External Media

I do like the line "hoarde away stuff like a deviant magpie." Haha. Top work, hehe.

WandA wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

See, I think the emotional connection is redundant. Emotions will always be there and the only way to have a relationship with someone without baggage is to marry a foetus. A w*nk's a w*nk and there's no real, other person in the room.

Putting all your photos in a shrine with candles is creepy though. Don't do that.

I think that sums up one side of this debate nicely (and it made me giggle).

As you said, emotions will always be there with other people, because a feeling is sexual doesn't immediately make it stronger or more off limits than say, the best night of their life in Rome with their ex (regardless of sex).

I think that's creepier than candle shrines... We have a name for people like that, don't we? I'm sure feetophiles is already taken and that seems much too young to use the dredded P word... I'm confused!External Media

I do like the line "hoarde away stuff like a deviant magpie." Haha. Top work, hehe.

I'm glad it made you giggle because reading it back, it came out wrong and sounded harsh. Less giggle more 'everyone must do as Tigerlilies do' which would be carnage. And mean lot of jumpers being put on inside out.

Nexas wrote:

I agree with Diamonds on this one. There IS an emotional connection there, that's the problem.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have baggage, anyone over the age of 18 is likely to have some sort of baggage, but the fact is, wanking over some random on the internet or in a magazine is not the same as wanking over someone you've had a relationship with.

There is a connection, an emotional one. Fair do's some people do have an issue with that. I just can't understand treating the emotion attachment of that so strongly compared to other strong emotional attachments they may have of none sexual events. As mentioned I doubt many people would get so angry with a partner for reminiscing about the amazing holiday with someone else that was the best time of their lives.

Each to their own as we've established I guess.External Media

Nexas wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

It all comes back to the same point: guys, ladies, if you think your OH will be crushed by what you're doing, you may want to stop or reassess how compatible you are.

This, being the main point of the thread I think ^_^ When in doubt, STOP! LOL

And totally start singing that epic Spice Girls tune.

*does the dance* (nineties kids, you know the moves)

I don't know the dance to which you refer, or indeed the tune.

I was born in the even more tasteless decade of the 80's, that's my excuse.

Nexas wrote:

Not AS annoyed, but I dunno, I get iffy hearing about exes. I'm getting better at it lately as I've come to terms with the fact that everyone has the baggage...still don't like to hear loads about exes ^_^' LMAO

I think it's also the fact that if they're wanking over their ex, it must mean there's SOME form of regret or nostalgia going on, as otherwise they'd be using a picture of someone random.

I think there was some crossed wires a bit going on in this discussion. I personally agree I wouldn't like to know/see/hear about Ad's wank bank if it was over an ex but I don't feel I'd have any right be expect her to change for me, she could choose to in the grander scheme of the relationship but what she rubs and how isn't directly my business.

The OP was was it wrong to do masturbate over an ex. I think the answer is no but that doesn't mean I'd like it, I would just respect my partner's right to flick the bean how she wished over my right to be annoyed.External Media

what do you expect from one of those silly liberals...External Media Doesn't help I've just spent a few weeks revising my 'Themes in political philosophy' module and am experiencing an anti-Nozickian liberal backlash! Interesting stuff, I'd recommend a read!

Oh yeah baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xusHzd3d8qY

I think my views are related to the fact that I'm *way* more likely to wank over a boyfriend's ex-girlfriend then he is. *ahem*

If I stumbled upon a hardrive entitled 'Past Poontang (Girlfriends 10-20) Volume 11, I would be packing their ass off as an OCD nutter though.

Tigerlilies wrote:

I think my views are related to the fact that I'm *way* more likely to wank over a boyfriend's ex-girlfriend then he is. *ahem*

If I stumbled upon a hardrive entitled 'Past Poontang (Girlfriends 10-20) Volume 11, I would be packing their ass off as an OCD nutter though.

Ooooo that song... Wouldn't that Stop in the name of love been more appropriate?

Too young for you whipper snapper? (what ever one of them is).

See... I wouldn't keep all the 'poontang'... but if I did it would be organised...

This very laptop cotains an inventory of everything in the cupboards/fridge/freezer that is mine and AdnaW's to eat, some people think that is excessive. Not me, I have no problem with lovely lovely order and harmony.

(I also plan dinners a week in advance and have a weekly menu...) Pppftttt and some claim I'm obsessive!

WandA wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

Ooooo that song... Wouldn't that Stop in the name of love been more appropriate?

Too young for you whipper snapper? (what ever one of them is).

See... I wouldn't keep all the 'poontang'... but if I did it would be organised...

This very laptop cotains an inventory of everything in the cupboards/fridge/freezer that is mine and AdnaW's to eat, some people think that is excessive. Not me, I have no problem with lovely lovely order and harmony.

(I also plan dinners a week in advance and have a weekly menu...) Pppftttt and some claim I'm obsessive!

Jamelia too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC4fJkmIv0E

It's strange that ten years ago a break up was more clean. Now there's facebook and all those other cyber ways of keeping score. I have some friends whose photo album histories are like a year by year record of reationships past and there's very few people I know who can't resist 'checking up' on their exes profiles.

Although, I think that's less to wank over them and more to play what Samantha from Sex and the City called the 'who dies lonely game' that can follow a break up. Very healthy.

I have a rule to never 'look up' on people. No good can ever come of it.