Exotic pets..

Draven wrote:

I have a fe pets, more specificaly:

12 ferrets (Yes 12 ferrets and they live pretty much in the house. they come out for play time every night in the living room and kitchen. thye cause absolute mayhem but they're my gorgeouse little fuzzy butts)

Your poor carpets! Yeah my two live in the house, we quite often lose them and find them hidden in the pockets of the pool table or up a jacket sleeve :D I couldn't imagine a dozen of them causing chaos though!

Bakewell wrote:

Draven wrote:

I have a fe pets, more specificaly:

12 ferrets (Yes 12 ferrets and they live pretty much in the house. they come out for play time every night in the living room and kitchen. thye cause absolute mayhem but they're my gorgeouse little fuzzy butts)

Your poor carpets! Yeah my two live in the house, we quite often lose them and find them hidden in the pockets of the pool table or up a jacket sleeve :D I couldn't imagine a dozen of them causing chaos though!

Tis great fun! especially if one of the cats tries to joi in. ferrets want to play with them a little too much. lol

hustla wrote:

How does the fish defy the laws of nature?

Its still alive after many many years....Im not entirely sure if its the same fish, or my mum replaced it at some point!

Ive always wanted a gaint african land snail but my husband wont let me. we have four cats and if i could i would have a dog but we are not home enough and it wouldnt be fair on the poor dog i would also like to have some rabbits one day. in fact i would have a mini little farm if we could my husband and i would also love to own a cattery.

i forgot two say we have to fish at work that im kinda responsable for as if i dont feed them know one will!

i'd love to have a siberian cat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_(cat) . they grow to be massive ( about 1 stone in weight play fetch and you can train them to walk on leads and things. Theyre also claimed to be hypoallergeninic although there's no scientific evidence for the claims as such.

and everytime i visit my sister or were both at my mums i fall in love with syrian hamsters all over aagin ( she's had 3 since she left home. only got the one at the moment but he's adorable) going into somewhere like pets at home takes serous will power not to buy one. unfortunatley im on a rental contract on my flat and theres a no pets rule.

How do micro pigs fit into family life? i'd like one when i have a house i can have pets in. I know farm pigs can get a bit viscious towards people so are micro pigs like that?

I'd really like a coati mundi. They are so funny and bouncy! There's a fun youtube clip of 2 chasing each other around a house, watch out for the aerial attach half way through :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-76Er5tq9Q&feature=related

I used to have 2 corn snakes and a gorgeous rainbow boa constrictor, it was about 4ft, but had to sell and now i have hamsters! lol.

We used to have chickens - they were awesome, I'd love to have more! I miss them eating my cornflakes and pecking my toes and of course I miss eating their yummy eggs!

I want so many pets it's ridiculous! Top of the list are a dalmatian and a sausage dog. I'd also like a biiiiig house rabbit, a myna bird, a pair of geckos and a minature Vietnamese pot bellied pig!

xxKPxx

I've got a Collie Cross and a California King snake who is almost 4ft long. They both get on really well! I can have the dog beside me while the snake is round my neck or wrapped round my arm or where ever he decides he wants to go. I've got a hoodie with a big pocket on the front, he loves lying in the hood or curled up in the pocket.

Well we have a 10th boa constrictor, 2 dogs, fish, a macaw and some smaller birds

Im jealous of so many on here!!! I **really** want a pig, either it be a micro or full size pig and i would name him Huxley. I will have one, one day. Even though i dont live at home anymore, and i dont have any pets where i live, i still have cats and dogs at my parents, including 3 cats and 2 springers. I miss them so much sometimes, even the smell of wet dog i miss when we have just come back from a long run . I always wanted a ferret when i was younger but was never allowed, instead i had a hamster, 2 mice, 2 gerbils and a chinchilla.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

We used to have tropical fish - I'd like to keep angels in the future though (we had some for years and they were lovely though they can be aggressive with other fish so best to just have angels).

We have a staffie and a tortoise here. I'd love a leopard gecko or a "normal" gecko but they live really long (like 20 years).

Always wanted ferrets! They're really elegant and pretty looking!

And when we get our own place we're after a kitten and a staffie pup. I only mention because staffies are really disliked so they're less common as pets even though they're amazing!

Adxx

They are such loving gentle dogs, especially with children, but they seem to be favoured as 'status dogs' and get a bad reputation. There is no such thing as a 'bad dog', only a bad owner.

I help at a re-homing centre and 80% of the dogs brought in are Staffies, its so sad.

I've got a Bullmastiff, she's the biggest womble ever but people who don't know her are very wary. I've lost count of the number of times i've had to run through 'the history of the bullmastiff' with total strangers!

I would love an iguana.

bumble wrote:

They are such loving gentle dogs, especially with children, but they seem to be favoured as 'status dogs' and get a bad reputation. There is no such thing as a 'bad dog', only a bad owner.

I help at a re-homing centre and 80% of the dogs brought in are Staffies, its so sad.

They're the dog that's most dumped because the status people realise they're rubbish "status" dogs (they love people too much and aren't interested in fighting other dogs) and the "normal" people think they're scary status dogs when in fact they're a great pet - so affectionate and gentle (and not sure if this is the breed or just ours but she'll let you do *anything* to her and still trust you to be doing it in her best interests even if it hurts). It's sad the reputation they get in the papers - sure *any* dog can be dangerous, but staffies require a lot more pushing to make them be aggressive because it's just not in their nature.

Adx

violeteyes wrote:

hustla wrote:

violeteyes wrote:

i want a snake External Media

violet eyes I have a snake you want to see.Maybe I will upload the picture.

do you mean snake or do you mean trouser snake? External Media

Sorry I dont think i was too clear. A real snake not a trouser snake.I am not going to hit on you especially as you are in a relationship.I am sorry for not being to clear.The other day my snake shed its layer of. It looks like a new baby :)

Violeteyes do forgive me upon the misunderstanding.

Dude it's ok... all in jest. But yeah considering all of the talk lately I'm not surprised your gittery :)

I would like a Raccoon. High five little buddy lets forage from bins. O that would be living the dream.

This isn't a wind up!. . . .

A good few years ago. . . .

At the back of my parents house there are garages and you have to drive in through a gate that only the residents have a key to so it's well secured. One night in this area there were three men running around during the early hours with long sticks with rope like hoops on them (my mothers words) trying to catch a massive "dog". This went on for an hour or so until they caught it and dragged it under great duress through a gap in one of the blokes back garden fence.

A few days later there was a combined Police/RSPCA raid on this house.

It turned out that the dog was only a fucking. . . . Tiger! A young one but nevertheless a tiger!

Absolutely ridiculous. This could only happen where I live, there's some fucking nutters around here. Turns out the bloke (ex airline pilot) was dealing in exotic pets illegally of course. I heard he went to the clink!

SG

LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

I have a kitteh, indian stick insects being bred for food, a corn snake and a wild type axolotl ^_^ Animal party.

YAY! They always look so happy ^___________^

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

It turned out that the dog was only a fucking. . . . Tiger! A young one but nevertheless a tiger!

Absolutely ridiculous. This could only happen where I live, there's some fucking nutters around here. Turns out the bloke (ex airline pilot) was dealing in exotic pets illegally of course. I heard he went to the clink!

SG

Hah! Bet he never got burgled though did he?

Bakewell wrote:

LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

I have a kitteh, indian stick insects being bred for food, a corn snake and a wild type axolotl ^_^ Animal party.

YAY! They always look so happy ^___________^

They do look so happy, they remind me of Pokemon!External Media

I used to have a stick insect, cost me a quid from the zoo, ha!