Any animal lovers on here ?

I love all animals, cant remember ever not having a pet while I was growing up and have had at least 1 all my married life. We currently have 2 rescued basset hounds (sadly both getting old now), a cat, 2 rabbits (also rescued) and 9 skinny pigs (hairless guinea pigs).

I also run a guinea pig/rabbit rescue from my home and also offer holiday boarding for all small furry creatures. My husband is heavily into sport and my 2 daughters have both left home so my animals give me something to do and I love them all :)

Yes I've always had something.
I have three dogs. One husky x gsd and two huskies. And a regents parrot.
Plus two kids and a husband they count right??

Yes, I'm a big animal lover. I have always had pets, but unfortunately we lost our little dog just over a year ago, and we just can't bring ourselves to get another one yet as it's still too painful. She was a very special little girl... Hopefully one day we will get another little friend xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

Yes, I'm a big animal lover. I have always had pets, but unfortunately we lost our little dog just over a year ago, and we just can't bring ourselves to get another one yet as it's still too painful. She was a very special little girl... Hopefully one day we will get another little friend xx

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this :( It is the only downside to owning pets but take comfort from the fact that she had a fantastic life with you. We often take in elderly dogs needing a home so we only get to have them for a few years but losing them still hurts :(

I'm sure when the time is right you'll find another dog that you can give a great life too xx

Yup, always been surrounded by pets!

Unfortunately limited in our current house (which has resulted in parents adopting some animals) but we have three little rat babies who are more than enough :)

I have had dogs and cats around all my life and even fish tropical and kio . Sadly the beinging of last year I lost both my cats within a week of each other . Even tho a year has passed I'm still not ready for anymore pets .

I too love animals, pork is my favourite.
I don't currently have any pets.

A house is not a home without pets :). Three cats and a dog. But, I could do without all the bloody animal hair. I need to hoover three times a day! Lol x

Thank God it is a thread about actually having pets.

When I read the thread title I was worried but felt strangely drawn to read it. I thought it was gonna give me grey hair like the 'Blumpkin Thread'!

Anything but cats. Hate them with a passion.

Always had dogs around me. Currently a beautiful Irish setter, male, 4 years old. Since my wife and I due to work are living far away from each other my setter is my constant company and friend. He is my 5th dog and I've loved them all.

Yes! We have 2 doggies, 1 pony, 2 lop rabbits and gold fish.

Although I don't like spending most of my time cleaning up pet poop! 😷

I have a tortoise, I love him :3

Sinenomine you must have never cut through a cat turd with a shovel. Anything that has faeces that smells that bad certainly isn't from the world of the living.

Sarahgee wrote:

A house is not a home without pets :). Three cats and a dog. But, I could do without all the bloody animal hair. I need to hoover three times a day! Lol x

try having huskies. twice a year undercoat comes out in clumps. one of mine leaks hair constantly atm!

I actually dont like cats either.

or spiders....

I have a grumpy needy bunny who I've called Mistress Trouble, as well, she is trouble and such a Mistress at times!

I've had animals for along times, mostly rodents of some form or another, but have had show dogs, and hunting cats too.

I use to breed pedigree hamsters too, so at one point I had 100 hamsters, all in 1m 30cm * 40cm cages, Luckily they were robos and lived in groups otherwise I seriously wouldn't of had any room for myself. But I would love to get another group at some point, and maybe have one breeding pair in the future again too (but not as many as before).

I do also have human pets, but I'll leave that for another thread ;-) hehe.

Just got a little budgie!

One day will have a dog or two when I eventually get a place suitable to keep them

sinenomine wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

Sinenomine you must have never cut through a cat turd with a shovel. Anything that has faeces that smells that bad certainly isn't from the world of the living.

I had a cat for the first sixteen years of my life and loved her to bits. I agree that cat poo is vile and in the odd case of 'cat fart', the result is utterly foul. But that doesn't stop me loving them Some people I know are phobic about cats. I had a boss once who, when we went for an after hours team drink to a local pub froze solid when she saw a very youg cat, pecefully curled up asleep at the end of the bench seat. Like most things in life, some like and some don't!! I just happen to be on the 'I like' side on the questions of cats!!

you get people like that about dogs too

Me! 😄 my house is like a zoo.