Exotic pets..

What interesting pets have you you guys got?

I have two ferrets Gordon and Bandit :) they are rather cute (realises this makes him sound even more of a country bumpkin) but there are a lot of misconceptions about them, spend half the time when I talk about them convincing people they don't bite, live up my trousers or smell the house out!

I used to want a ferret when I was young! Living slinkys!

I have the most gangster tortoise, head bobs to hardcore rap (well, any music really... actually he just head bobs).

i used to have lambs when i was little. we bottle fed them and they lived in the feild behind my house

We had a Giant African Land Snail. It didn't like the cold weather and when we moved it into the warm it frizzled and died.

It was around this time that we decided we were ready for the responsibility of parenthood....

Well just don't take the kids on holiday anywhere too hot Mr Monster!

I used to have land snails, they are alright, to be honest though they don't do a whole lot! I think I "freed" mine when I was younger hehe.

Mr Monster wrote:

We had a Giant African Land Snail. It didn't like the cold weather and when we moved it into the warm it frizzled and died. External Media

It was around this time that we decided we were ready for the responsibility of parenthood....External Media

I wanted one when I was younger (yes, as well as a ferret). I love snails! I raised a few baby ones instead since my mum wouldn't let me have the big snail.

We used to have tropical fish - I'd like to keep angels in the future though (we had some for years and they were lovely though they can be aggressive with other fish so best to just have angels).

We have a staffie and a tortoise here. I'd love a leopard gecko or a "normal" gecko but they live really long (like 20 years).

Always wanted ferrets! They're really elegant and pretty looking!

And when we get our own place we're after a kitten and a staffie pup. I only mention because staffies are really disliked so they're less common as pets even though they're amazing!

Adxx

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Ferrets actually make great pets. They can be trained really well too, and you can get a harness for them to take them for walks too! Heh

My man wants to have a tank with Angel Fish in. I'd love to have a project of a chiclid tank as my stepdad used to keep them when I was younger and they are fun.

I've seen this in my local park! It looked so happy! Damn... Now I want a ferret again...

Has anyone else noticed that dogs are quite happy in a collar, but ferrets demand a full, across-the-chest leather harness?

Dogs = sub

Ferrets = dom.

I've got horses and ducks and chickens.

When I get abit better I am getting a micro pig for me and my daughter

I want (if we ever get a more permenant home rather than always moving on) to get a Newfoundland dog (I know a dog isn't exotic, but the newfoundlands grow to the size of a small bear) - and I also want to keep ducks and chickens -

Long way away all that though

I have a tortoise who is only about 3 years old, so can fit in my hand still. I also have great crested newts in my pond which I believe are an endangered species in England. I have thousands!

Avrielle: Mine have little harnesses with bells on so I can walk 'em, well they walk me. It just consists of a 30 second sprint followed by an hour of digging!

MsEllie: Mewfoundlands are gorgeous, my friend has one, they do have a mind of there own though, I can remember it running wild on the beach and trying to eat a ladies picnic haha!

I like the sound of barn owls, they would be cool but I think the next pet is gonna have to be an axolotl they make me laugh every time I see one :D

I really love Degu's as well.

I've love about 10 of them !!!

I REALLY want a pet african eag eating snake. Currently on a waiting list to find out when more get imported into Britain and I will name him Jörmungandr as I'm a geek. :p

The most exotic pet i have is a hamster.Thats my 1st pet quite late considering my age.I have had it for a few months

I have a fish who appears to be defying the laws of nature and an evil cat back home. Not very exotic!

How does the fish defy the laws of nature?

violeteyes wrote:

i want a snake External Media

violet eyes I have a snake you want to see.Maybe I will upload the picture.

I have a fe pets, more specificaly:

12 ferrets (Yes 12 ferrets and they live pretty much in the house. they come out for play time every night in the living room and kitchen. thye cause absolute mayhem but they're my gorgeouse little fuzzy butts)

4 rabbits

2 cats

2 fish

and yes we charge people an entry fee when they visit. lol