Reptiles and other amazing creatures

Just wondering if anyone has any weird and wonderful exotic pets/reptiles. I currently have 3 bearded dragons.

I like a Macaw too eventually

1. Have you got any?
2. What would you love to have?

According to the bird keeps at Bristol Zoo Macaw's can trash your house and don't make good pets. Just something to bear in mind x

I used to have a Cali King snake called Willow (after the character in Buffy) but I had to sell her when I moved to London. Not sure I'd get another one. My kid is quite keen on lizards but I couldn't stand having live crickets in the house to feed to them.

I have a Giant African Land Snail although he isn't very giant so far! Interest fact GALS are hermaphrodite and can lay eggs long after they have had contact with another snail.

My cousin has a Macaw. I definately need to do more research before I do get one, they're quite costly so if I ever did it would be in a few years.

You dont need to feed lizards crickets. Mine mainly eat fruit and veg. I do get locust/crickets for them. Occasionally I get meal worms for them as a treat.

I want a snake too, but most of my family/friends dont like them and wouldnt even enter the house if I did haha

Used to have a breeding pair of Bearded Dragons, had a few young from them. Planning on getting some again. Had a Red tailed Boa but sold him when our little one was born as it was nearly 8 foot long ang we would get paranoid that it would get out.

Also had a Costa Rican Zebra Knee, beautiful and was almost the size of my hand.

AmyA wrote:

I have a Giant African Land Snail although he isn't very giant so far! Interest fact GALS are hermaphrodite and can lay eggs long after they have had contact with another snail.

Thats interesting. Why did you get snail? What about it that caught your attention and how long have you had him? Haha we learn something new every day!

Badger73 wrote:

Used to have a breeding pair of Bearded Dragons, had a few young from them. Planning on getting some again. Had a Red tailed Boa but sold him when our little one was born as it was nearly 8 foot long ang we would get paranoid that it would get out.

Also had a Costa Rican Zebra Knee, beautiful and was almost the size of my hand.

I love beardies, so placid! Uhm... I'll have to go look up the 'Costa Rican Zebra Knee' as never heard of one of those before! haha

Dew_Drop I've just always liked snails, I think they are fascinating and cute! I used to go round collecting them in the garden when I was little lol!

This one is a fancy albino one, apparently slower growing than standard GALS, I've had 'him' about 4 years. Very easy to care for, eats lettuce and other salad/veg and just needs a cuttlefish (like you give to budgies) for shell growth.

AmyA thats so fascinating. I must admit that snails are pretty cute too! I love all animals (except for Costa Rican Zebra Knee (googled) - or any other spider. Gives me the heebie jeebies) haha

I used to breed s!inny pigs ! They're hairless guinea pigs.... extraordinary creatures xx

hairless guinea pigs are beyond cute. I used to have 2 X

I don't currently have any pets, have had cats all my life though.

Would like a hedgehog, and maybe a leopard gecko (but as was said above, wouldn't want to have insects in the house, so only if they'd eat marmite sandwiches 😂)

We don't havr any pets we can't agree. I grew up with dogs 🐕 he grew up with cats 🐈.

I have standard household pets but would love others. Amy I love snails too. I had an aquatic apple snail once, it laid eggs. Then they bred and bred and bred until the tank was riddled. I'd love a giant snail.

Oh I used to have clams... They were fun and unusual. Was fascinating seeing them move!

I have a Blizzard Cornsnake which is about 5 foot and around three years old.

I've got a Tort, 5 years old, could live 150 lol!