Experiences with meeting people

i had a search for a similar thread but missed it if there was one!

i was just wondering what experiences people have had when meeting people in person after talking over the internet (good or bad)!

i read in a post recently that a female member of the forum had an experience with a woman and date-rape drugs only i can't remember who said it or where i saw it, but it got me wondering about what kind of stuff goes on and what people should be looking out for!

cheers

DD

as we both are swingers we do regular meet up with others all i can say is meet up in a public place or clubs if u do meet up in a public place and are not happy make excuss and leave your safety is the main thing ....i did meet my hubby 16 yrs ago through the lonely hearts column of local paper...i met him outside our local asda plenty of prople about and went for a coffee in asda,s cafe.chatted for a hour then i left alone with his phone number the rest is history,,happy 16 yrs together and plenty of fun xx

I spoke to a lass on the internet chat rooms a fair few years ago. She was from the USA and flew across the pond to meet me... Knowing what I know now its pretty scary that really happened. But we are now happily married .

I met up with someone who used to be on the forums. We e-mailed and text (a lot) for a while first. We met up in a public place - a shopping centre. Then went to a bar. I had a fantastic time. You do have to be extremely careful though. I have had an increasing number of emails asking if I want to meet up somewhere from people who have never even spoken to me. Ummm... NO! If you do meet someone always make sure someone knows where you are, who you are with and when you are expected home. It doesn't do any harm having a friend close by just incase. You can always text them that everything is ok after a while x

I met my bf from a internet dating site we messaged each other for a week online and found out we connected so we exchanged numbers and started texting then a week later we met up in a public place (as you can never be too sure) and it went really well and we both liked each other so continued dating and 6 months down the line we are still very happy!

I think, the same as Wizzie, if you are wanting to meet someone make sure you make sure you are safe by letting people know where you are going, have a phone on you, meet in a public place, and i always used to have a phone a friend set up which i could just prank call and she would call back and help to get me out of the situation : )

I met my partner of 9 months via an internet dating site... We sent a few flirty messages on the site, added each other to facebook, then went on a few dates...

9 months down the line he is the love of my life, we live together and everything has worked out wonderfully for us both :)

Facebook was a good way of checking out his family and friends, what he gets up to, what kind of person he is... i had a fair idea that he was 'normal' before we met... Good luck and stay safe XXX

BadGirl&Boy wrote:

I spoke to a lass on the internet chat rooms a fair few years ago. She was from the USA and flew across the pond to meet me... Knowing what I know now its pretty scary that really happened. But we are now happily married External Media.

Thats wonderful! Congratulations x External Media

I met Ad online, we got talking everyday and webcam'd so we knew what each other was like. Other than that I've not met anyone else from the web. There are a few members I would be comfortable meeting in person especially since the chatbox was introduced but I don't really see a need to.

The internet is a great place to meet friends, you filter out all the people you normally wouldn't talk to but have less social taboos to overcome. Walking up to a fella in a bar and saying 'I really like your geeky T-shirt, wanna drink?' might be taken the wrong way!

Of course the number one issue is safety. If you can guarantee that then I don't see problems apart from a few awkward silences!

I am a member on a few Internet sites mainly bases around my hobby of football. I have met people through there, meeting at games for drinks and chats.
I suppose I met UBM4 through "the Internet" even though we had been meeting at football games for a long time before we got together.

I find it easier talking to people online than in person, I think I feel moreconfident I guess.

Ive never used an Internet dating site though, although, many people I know would say the football sites are like a dating site some days!!

Yeh they are baby. Every lass on those football sites ends up with one or a multitude of guys. Good job they all know me too, it's not often I have to issue a "back away" sort of comment to them these days! Well, not since Slovakia pre-season anyway!!

Its scary but all a matter of a good filtering process. You can easily weed out dodgy people from people you can get to know. But safety always first!

now your talking sense ..allways have to check someone out for a while

I haven't met anyone from the internet, but i was close to, but for some reason contact went a little quiet. Seen as we both lived within an hour of each other, we was going to meet at a place called 'Lakeside' shopping center and we both said to eachother make sure we bring friend.

I think this is extremely important if you do meet up with someone from the internet, and would also advice it to be a member of the opposite sex, so If you meeting a female, bring a female friend, if you meeting a guy, bring a guy! As if you were to meetng a girl, bringing another guy might be a little intimidating! Visa Versa xD

All the best,

Sir.T

As WandA said - we met online, I'm a paranoid person and the first time we met I still worried that he was a 40 year old man or something else dodgy even though we'd used web cams for ages!

I'm a worrier!

I think safety is paramount, but these days, it's great to meet people online, you're much more likely to find people with similar interests :)

Adx

Me and my OH met on facebook!! We used to chat a lot on there, then after checking her and her friends and family out, gave her my email to talk on msn, and both put our cams on to make sure we weren't 50 year old predators. That obviously led to some rude webcam activities and exchanging numbers and after about a year we met up in meadowhall (lots of people). I took my friends and she took hers, to be safe. But my friends walked off anyway before i'd met her. Luckily her friends stuck with her till she met me and made sure I was who I said I was. That was a year ago and now she's practically part of the family, and I couldn't be happier.

I think we can easily say that the internet has become a huge benefit to the whole dating arena...........and certianly helped out millions of people.......i havent personally met anyone off the internet but i have made alot of friendships through it..............i think it also gives those people that struggle with confidence in real life the guts to chat to people theyve always wanted to.........................

I love some of the stories above and its just testament to how useful the internet truely is...................

sexytime wrote:

Me and my OH met on facebook!! We used to chat a lot on there, then after checking her and her friends and family out, gave her my email to talk on msn, and both put our cams on to make sure we weren't 50 year old predators. That obviously led to some rude webcam activities and exchanging numbers and after about a year we met up in meadowhall (lots of people). I took my friends and she took hers, to be safe. But my friends walked off anyway before i'd met her. Luckily her friends stuck with her till she met me and made sure I was who I said I was. That was a year ago and now she's practically part of the family, and I couldn't be happier.

I met my OH online and somewhere else but we had a meet in Meadowhall!

She took along one of her mates... but he then ended up a little ditched in the cinema which we felt bad about, I didn't feel that bad, I got my first blowjob there!

WandA wrote:

She took along one of her mates... but he then ended up a little ditched in the cinema which we felt bad about, I didn't feel that bad, I got my first blowjob there!

Plus he was a mate then, but he turned out to be a knob anyway so don't feel bad :P

Adx

My mum and her boyfriend met on an online game called puzzle pirates. There was nothing sexual about it. They were good friends for about 2 years and had started to fall for each other. They were flirting for another 6 months and had exchnaged pictures, go on cam etc.

He lives in california and we live on norfolk. They met in london and instantly got on. But he had to finish his uni degree before he came over as it costs so much for international students, 3 years down the line, hes just finished. Hes now looking for jobs in cambridge, ely or london anywhere along the train track.

It was a very unlikely relationship as due to distance and age difference, 20 years. But they get on so well and he also gets on with me and my brother. They could have just married and he could have been a british citizen that way, but they wanted to do it properly and they dont think they'll get married as they cant have both family and friends at the ceremony.

Anyway sorry for the ramble

I met my best mate online when i was 14 and she was 12!

thats the only experience i have really,

she went to my school but being two years younger than me we never knew each other, she found me on myspace, added my msn and now we're still best friends!

my partner went to my school as well and we met in real life etc but got to know each other over myspace and msn but with still seeing each other on the weekend,

i wouldn't have a problem meeting someone off the internet as long as you're careful!

VW x