Famous people that you've met...

Sum Sub wrote:

Scorps I think you need to define famous as i ain't heard of half the people in this thread!

LOL Sounds like you need to get out more Subby :P xx

I'm really surprised at how many famous people everyone has met!

It's also made me realise I don't think I've ever met anyone famous. I have autographs but that was all through fan-mail.

The closest to meeting anyone famous I have is seeing tigers at the zoo - it feels like spotting a celebrity because I'd only ever seen them on tv before :P

I've never met any outside of my work place.

Trust me, you don't get the nicest treatment from a lot of them!

Seen harry hill crossing the roads right in front of me, and dont suppose many of you kmow him but had a 5min convo with tim stockDale

Sylvester McCoy 7th Doctor. 19th May 1996, brilliant day got sloshed on village and orange after. Today I'd love to meet Peter Capaldi.

Ed Byrne, Paul Daniels and Debbie, Derren Brown and Rammstein. i can't think of any others off hand.

I used to go to carrington with my dad when i was a toddler watching Man U training before it all went behind closed doors, was sat on my dad shoulders shouting Eric and Cantona came over to say hi, I don't remember it but my dad does, and at primary school we had a few PE lessons with Martin Offiah (sp?) the rugby player.

I haven't really met many 'famous' people.

I used to do gymnastics after school with Jet from Gladiators. I also met Falcon when she did Panto in Aldershot many many years back.

I bumped into Katie Price at a Pride Event, and she called me a C-Word (all because I was busy laughing at her then husband miming on stage).

I met Steve McFadden a few years ago when he was playing Captain Hook at the Panto in Woking. My then boyfriend worked for the theatre, and got me into the after show party.

My other half has met Scott Bakula (Quantam Leap/Star Trek Enterprise), Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager/Orange is the New Black) and a host of other star trek people.

I shook hands with Andy Cole (when he played for Manchester United) when I was at uni. We were sitting at a table in a bar and he was standing behind me. Had no idea who he was, but my friends were excited and too shy to say anything so I stood up and asked if it was really him, explained my friends are shy and then wished him a good night.

My brother on the other hand has been on tour with Kylie Minogue as the tour party Massage Therapist. His job was to keep Kyie and the dancers in shape for the duration of the tour.

He has also massaged Angelina Jolie and her stunt double whilst filing a Tomb Raider film.

He has also met and advised treatment for David Haye

I met Lionel blair on a school trip to granada studios in primary 7 haha!

I met eddie reader of 'fair ground attraction' .

Met the singer from sikth when they supported Mudvayne years ago at the bar after they performed.

And we met Sweet J of the harlem globe trotters in glasgow last year when we were out for a meal before the show .

Ive met.

Danny John joules (red dwarf)
Jason plato and his kids.
James Martin (Saturday kitchen)

Danny was staying round the corner from where I lived what I was still at school.
James and Jason are regulars at Silverstone race circuit where I work so they are often in the brdc clubhous. I'm sure there are many more celebs who have been in but probably not recognised them.
My partner and I were trying to remember james' name as he walked round the corner past us. But he still spoke even tho we are only cleaners there.

I also met a sports hero while at school, something we had to do but he was that memorable that I can't remember who it was.

And finally when I was trampolining I was coached by Jamie moore.

Geebee

Was taken to Rik Mayall's mum's house many years ago (my aunty worked with her and knew I was a massive fan of Rik) and spent a few hours with the comedy genius. I was so star struck but he was just fantastic. I cried hard when he died last year - no other celeb death has ever really hit me like that.

I also held Morrissey's hand as he sang (to me!) on stage at a gig once. That's a meeting right? The only man I would go gay for.

I've met Lou Ferrigno, Marina Sirtis, Damien Jurado, Aaron Sprinkle, John Green, Neil Gaiman, Margaret Atwood, and Dave Gorman. I've also had stuff I made online reblogged by Osric Chau, Wil Wheaton and Hank Green, and I've been re-tweeted by Nathan Fillion and DJ Qualls.

Did the prime minister come and visit lovehoney?

Lovehoney - Chelsea wrote:

Ooh interesting thread..

I have met:

- E L JAMES (industry related but still counts :P)

- Lee evans, incidentally, on the same day as E L James. I was very giddy that day and I have a huge crush on him too!

Most recently.. the prime minister!

Interesting to see howmany of us tread on the same paths as celebrities?

Also.. does everyone at the LH office count? I mean, we have been on TV.. right? :p

Happy Valentines all!

C X

Yes, LH staff definitely count - lol xx

Met the artist Elsworth Kelly while interning once, it was my first day and he growled at me. It was great.

Most recent

Brian Conley

Colin Fry

Paul Daniels

Derek Acorah

hundreds due to myjob, so wont go into names,but they are just like the rest of us, some nice some not so, and dont forget they all still fart in bed like the rest of us

I met Wolf and Rhino from Gladiators when I was in primary school. They were the celebrities booked to open my local shopping centre. The epitome of celebrity glamour, eh!

I also met the bands 911 and Another Level when I was in high school as they came to play a free gig in our school gym, and sign autographs, to drum up publicity.

I've met Tommy Cunningham (drummer with the band Wet Wet Wet) several times as he is a good friend of my dad. He's a lovely man, with no airs about him at all. I've also met Marti Pellow from the same band, but in a professional capacity through my old job. He seemed nice, but a lot quieter and shyer than I expected him to be.

I met Brian McFadden (Westlife) in an airport shop. I don't know if he was just having a bad day, but he was completely awful. Very rude and completely arrogant. I don't care who you are or what fame you think you've achieved, I don't tolerate people speaking to me the way he did, so I called him a few choice names and he stormed out.

Without mention the actual nature of the work - through my work with my previous employer, I also met Simon Gregson (who plays Steve McDonald in Coronation Street) and Tara Palmer-Tompkinson. Simon is one of the most genuine, sweet, funny people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I got to know him after he had been through his "troubles" and got his life back together, and it seemed to have made him a very sincere, humble person. I can't speak hghly enough of him. Tara was a completely different story - that women is a piece of work. She actually uttered the words "Do you know who I am" to myself and other staff members on the many occasions that she wasn't getting her way. She's beyond insufferable and leaving her behind as a client was one of my favourite things about leaving my old work place.

Through my charity work I've met

Pope John Paul II

The Queen & Prince Phillip, Prince Charles & Camilla, Princess Anne

Boris Johnson, Edward Davey, Vince Cable, Kate Hoey

Jason Leonard (England Rugby Player), Steve Cram

H (From Steps)

Bear Grylls, Steve Backshall, Peter Duncan,

All I have to say were very nice genuine people but I have to say the Pope did have a certain presence about him (and I'm not of his faith).