Fat thighs + stockings help

Hello all!

I think the title cuts to the chase for me, I have fat thighs! Thus, I always have an issue with stockings rolling down and not staying up round my thighs.

I have one pair of stockings that I believe I bought from Primark of all places, that have gel lining in the lace tops so the stockings stick to your skin and don't roll down. They fit me marvelously and I believe the gel lining is what helps me in this regard. I bought two pairs of stockings recently that don't have this gel lining in the lace tops, and even my suspenders couldn't hold them up, I would have one bit of material pulled up into the suspender clasp and all the rest was rolling back down to my knees.

Whenever I look at LH stockings, I struggle to tell if they have gel lining. Some of the stockings are so pretty but without a sticky lining I fear they'll just look hideous on me and won't work at all due to my thighs! Can anyone point me in the right direction of some stockings (perhaps plus size?) or other pieces of lingere (suspenders etc) that can solve this issue? (I know exercise will help, but I'll get to that later! )

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just go back to Primark if you liked those? And thighs are one of my favourite parts of a female body, so do not call yourself fat - for most men, bigger is better xx

Aw thank you very much Janny! That does boost my self esteem!

In all my excitement just browsing through LH I never paid enough attention to the more detailed descriptions on the lingerie items and have now noticed a plethora of stockings with silicone inserts to keep them up!

Doh!

Note to self: Read product pages better before dashing to the forums!

I'm looking for similar, mnms, so I would be interested to know which you buy and what you think of them.

Hi mmns - I had a quick look and found quite a few plus size stockings on LH - there are lots with reviews too - hope this helps Hun :)

http://search.lovehoney.co.uk/search?w=Plus+size+stockings&view=grid

The wife has the same problem and she has yet to find a pait thay will stay up even if they have the ring around the top.

Good luck and please post any good products you find that are good.

I have similar problems. I tend to buy the plus size seven til midnight fishnets and i sometimes buy from M&S as well :)

Hiya mnms

Like yourself i have bigger thighs, and the only place i find stockings to fit me is in primark i have tried many other highstreet shops with no luck

as for lovehoney holdups,i have not been brave enough to order myself a pair as i hate disapointmet when things dont fit me,i did try a pair of non hold ups from lovehoney, but they just rolled down :( the fit was awful on me even though they were plus size

How many straps does your suspender belt have and is it designed for bedroom use only?

Anything with less than six straps gets paired with hold ups with me; otherwise they droop too much for my liking.

I have a very industrial looking 10 strap that gives a very even line at the top of my stockings as they don't stand a chance at falling down between the straps. Admittedly I don’t find it quite as sexy as the six strap but seams that stay dead straight and a perfectly straight welt more than make up for that.

Stocking wise, I’d look for some that come in several sizes. The one-size fits-all plus sized approach is as absurd as it is for non-plus sizes. Probably best to find a site dedicated to stockings and hold ups as you’ll have more choice.

Regatta wrote:

How many straps does your suspender belt have and is it designed for bedroom use only?

Anything with less than six straps gets paired with hold ups with me; otherwise they droop too much for my liking.

I have a very industrial looking 10 strap that gives a very even line at the top of my stockings as they don't stand a chance at falling down between the straps. Admittedly I don’t find it quite as sexy as the six strap but seams that stay dead straight and a perfectly straight welt more than make up for that.

Stocking wise, I’d look for some that come in several sizes. The one-size fits-all plus sized approach is as absurd as it is for non-plus sizes. Probably best to find a site dedicated to stockings and hold ups as you’ll have more choice.

What 10 and 6 straps do you have? I only have 4 straps but really need to think about more straps because mine roll down between the clips as well!

Naughty Miss K wrote:

What 10 and 6 straps do you have? I only have 4 straps but really need to think about more straps because mine roll down between the clips as well!

they're both from Stockings HQ, the older style was on sale so I bought a couple. I started out with a 4 strap but rarely use it now. As a bare minimum I'd suggest a 6 strap, 8 is meant to be good for holding seams straight and was what I intended to buy but the 10 strap was cheaper at the time and I figured you could never have too many straps.

Thanks for all your responses everyone! I'll definitely update you once I try on the stockings I've bought from here :) If they're not so good I'll be checking out the plus size range! :D

Regatta I have a four strap suspender belt and just bought another one and I do really only wear them in the bedroom. I've had my eye on the Kiss Me Deadly Van Doren Six Strap Suspender Belt which is gorgeous and I'd hope would hold up the non-sticky stockings well :) I agree about the one size fits all! Very frustrating :P

It's generally hit or miss when it comes to plus size stockings from the high street. As Regatta said, it's better to try a dedicated stockings site.

Update!

Just tried on both the pairs of stockings I ordered.

These (in red) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27572 are terrible for my larger thighs! They have the sticky insert in the tops but they still roll down, I think the 'One Size' only going up to 14 is not as forgiving as I'd hoped!

But these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24436 are fantastic! I got them in 12-16 and they fit perfectly! Feel really good quality too :)

Hope that helps some others who were having the same problems as me