Favourite Sport Person or Team

Valentino Rossi
Saw him racing 250s at Donnington way back. As a Yamaha rider myself, I always rooted for #46.
A modern(ish) day Barry Sheene?
:motorcycle:

6 Likes

Well being 35 I missed out on watching him race and have only seen tv footage, but my whole life has been surrounded by motorcycles and racing!!

3 Likes

Aberdeen FC. Old enough to remember us being a proper good team. None of this settling for 3rd stuff that is considered an achievement.

2 Likes

Didn’t really take advantage of the end of the Ibrox outfit. Probably missed the boat now with the emergence of Sevco.

Charlotte Dujardin . What’s more to say , tight jods, knee high boots .

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Sadly a lot of delusional Don’s fans going about still though…

1 Like

Crumbs, where to start with my rugby heroes.
Mike Catt was god-like to me in the mid-nineties, can probably still name the Bath RC first team from that era.
Then Rassie Erasmus in the late nineties for the Cats in Super 12 and the Springboks. Was sooooo great to see him win the World Cup as a coach, such a fantastic rugby brain.
There will never be another player in the same league as Richie McCaw. Still remember watching him in the NPC for Canterbury and then getting man of the match against Ireland on the autumn tour of that year (2001 if memory serves). My long-suffering husband was good enough to drive his highly emotional seven months pregnant wife on a 400 mile round trip to see McCaw play in the in 2015 World Cup. I’m something of a kiwi-phile anyway, so I will always have a soft spot for the All Blacks, and drag out my 1997 jersey for an occasional airing when they are playing.

2 Likes

Valentino Rossi, and back in my youth Mike Hailwood.

4 Likes

… Porterfield winning us promotion from the fourth division
Up the Blades!

:crossed_swords:

2 Likes

Safc and kimi

2 Likes

Melchester Rovers :soccer: :wink:

2 Likes

Sheffield Sharks and the legend that is Mike Tuck
:shark:
@Orgasm_Chaser: check him out , usually on a billboard near you

2 Likes

Good old Roy!

1 Like

:soccer: wanderers :soccer: :+1:

1 Like

Excellent, old school rugby. Before proper rucking became a thing of the past. You can’t beat somebody getting a good shoeing.

1 Like

Freddie Flintoff :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely, for both his cricket and more recently his antics on various TV programmes. Naturally funny entertainer who can have the craic.

1 Like

It’s rugby for me (obvs!).

Favourite teams: Bath, England, British Lions - as well as my own local club…and also have a soft spot for Wales as that’s where I learnt, played and watched a lot of rugby whilst at Uni.

Favourite players: too many to count…Jonny, Johnno, Will Greenwood, Billy Whiz, Jonah, Anthony Watson, …I could go on!

Really miss playing and the craic but my knees (and a few other joints) are what’s known in the trade as fooked.

Bristol rovers, I know there not doing the best but been a gas head since I was born.

1 Like