Female Condoms - 6 testers required

Hows it going with the testing of the female condoms? I for one would love to know how they compare to normal condoms. The mister isnt the biggest fan of normal condoms, it would be interesting to know how much (if any) difference these make.

We're testing ours tomorrow so will let you know what we think then :-) x

Thanks (feels a bit wierd saying thanks for you testing that kind of product... but nevermind :-p)

Kinda gutted I missed this one. Nevermind eh? Always a next time. :-)

Mine arrived in the post today and hopefully *crosses fingers tightly* i'll try one tonight as some toys I ordered also arrived today.

So far my only observation is that they aren't exactly wallet sized so keeping one on you for good measure on a night out is not really an option so i'm afraid we'd have to stick the male version. But for couples at home that is obviously not an issue :D

Will let you know how it goes!

My girlfriend found them very uncomfortable and awkward to get in and even caused some spotting of blood. On my end it felt little different than a normal condom but as Charly says their not in small packets so you can't really carry one with you.

We also suffered the problem of the femidom getting pushed all the way inside when your going at it with any sort of ferocity. Overall the discomfort, large size, difficulty of use make them far the inferior product when compared against normal condoms.

Perhaps your partner just doesn't have the right size Technicolour? On his part the femidom won't feel any different but there's a much bigger chance of something going wrong and semen entering the vagina.

Doesn't sound great... I'd been curious before wondering if it took away as much of the sensitivity as a condom... sounds much worse... O dear!

Yeah, it has a large circular sponge on the inside to hold it inside and it's apparently one size fits all but there was no way my other half could have that inside her without causing pain.

Muz333 wrote:

Yeah, it has a large circular sponge on the inside to hold it inside and it's apparently one size fits all but there was no way my other half could have that inside her without causing pain.

ick. They sound quite grotesque... Maybe have a go with that liquid latex stuff next time!External Media Your girlfriend on her back legs in the air while you pour black gunge down her a sexy thought no?

I've never thought of liquid latex being used as a contraceptive before! I think we'll just rely on the good ol' hormonal pills for now. So much better than the use of a condom on the pleasure side of things. (:

Muz333 wrote:

I've never thought of liquid latex being used as a contraceptive before! I think we'll just rely on the good ol' hormonal pills for now. So much better than the use of a condom on the pleasure side of things. (:

They did invent a spray on latex condom a while ago!

Never heard about it since... it required some form of 'chamber'... not ideal by any means.

Will be popping my review up very soon - don't think LH stock these so you won't be able to read what people think. But let's just say they have totally put me off ever trying female condoms ever again, really uncomfortable and mood killing!

x

masterandslave wrote:

Will be popping my review up very soon - don't think LH stock these so you won't be able to read what people think. But let's just say they have totally put me off ever trying female condoms ever again, really uncomfortable and mood killing!

x

Poor M&S! I hope you made up for it!

They don't seem very popular so far...

Muz333 wrote:

Perhaps your partner just doesn't have the right size Technicolour? On his part the femidom won't feel any different but there's a much bigger chance of something going wrong and semen entering the vagina.

Its the sesnsation loss that he doesnt like with condoms. thought I'd see if the femidom would increase it a bit for him, but these reviews that are coming back really dont sound good. Guess we'll just have to stick to normal condoms for now.

Thanks all!

Technicolour wrote:

Muz333 wrote:

Its the sesnsation loss that he doesnt like with condoms. thought I'd see if the femidom would increase it a bit for him, but these reviews that are coming back really dont sound good. Guess we'll just have to stick to normal condoms for now.

Thanks all!

I lost sensation using these because of the sponge at the end! I wouldn't completely give up on these as this is just one brand. your local family planning clinic might have some free female condoms for you to try if you ask?

x

masterandslave wrote:

x

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to have found them uncomfortable. I was worried we weren't using them right but we were doing exactly as it said and they just don't seem very ideal at all. I forgot to review the condoms that came with the femidoms however so I'll make a write up for that and our Sportsheets review product this Wednesday when I next see her. (:

masterandslave wrote:

Technicolour wrote:

Muz333 wrote:

Thanks all!

I lost sensation using these because of the sponge at the end! I wouldn't completely give up on these as this is just one brand. your local family planning clinic might have some free female condoms for you to try if you ask?

x

Oh I never thought of that! I'll ask them. Thanks for that, cant believe it never entered my mind. Bit of a blonde moment (no offense to any blondes out there.).

Although, a sponge at the end does sound very off putting. But hey, no harm in trying them out.

x

They are the first female condoms I've tried, even though the experience we had was negative it hasn't put me off using them ever again. I'm still quite interested in them because we have problems finding a condom that will fit my partner's girth and these are much more accommodating. I'm sure I have seen some without a sponge at the bottom somewhere, will keep my eyes peeled!

Muz did you have the your tube ones to try? That's the ones we had, very strange without a nipple!

x

Yeah, no semen collection at the end was a very strange design choice and it's a little strange relying on a medical contraception that's brand name is a joking play of words on YouTube. The condoms seemed fine enough and of good quality material but it wasn't able to fit myself. I would liken them to to Condomi with there tighter girth than most over brands.

finally psted my review although it wasn't the best. Won't stop me from trying other feminine condoms though so i'll keep my eye out.

My oh hated them & I wasn't particularly keen. I'm sticking to the new durex real feel condoms x