Festivals

I know this is really random but I thought you lovely people could help me out on here.
I'm going to a festival next weekend for 5 days. I've been to festivals before but only ever for a day. I have no idea what to take with me and what is an acceptable amount of cash/clothes/booze etc to bring to the festival. I'm really stuck for ideas and every answer I get is a different one.
If any of you have been to festivals (which I'm sure many of you have), what would you recommend I take with me?
Would really appreciate the help, thank you! :D x

You'll get different answers because everyone is different depending on how high or low maintenance kinda person you are! :)

And depends on prices at the festival etc etc i don't really know in pounds sorry :).

But! you probably will need less clothes than you think you will, more booze, always and more money so you can get a sweet hair braid when your drunk haha :) but if they have any way of getting cash out there don't take loads and loads of cash..

haven't been to a festival in this country but in NZ they have like a system where you can put cash onto a special card to use at the festival...cash or off a debit/credit card. :) xx

Thank you MissChar! :)
I'm fairly low maintenance so hopefully I won't be lugging around too much stuff! The only thing I'm worried about is that I just really don't want to be strapped for cash for food etc as I don't want to take my cards incase anything gets stolen, eek!
Yes!, definately want a sweet hair braid haha!
That festival card sounds amazing, I've never heard of that before, this festival is in Wales and is fairly small so i'm not sure if they would have it.
I'm trying to limit the amount of clothes i'm taking, especially shoes. One pair of wellies and one pair of boots should be more than enough!
As for drink, I haven't seen on the website that they restrict the amount of booze you take in so hopefully I can bring in as many crates of beer that I can carry! haha, super excited!
thank you so much for your help! :) x

No problem! hair braids are the best part! x

Yeah if your taking only cash bring quite a bit but hide it in different places obviously :) To be safe! Also you will need a lot if your not bringing any of your own food or snacks coz as I'm sure you know it can be priceeeey!

yay for low maintenance! I'm the same I rock a scraggy top knot 24/7 at a festy haha. I think when I went over New Years for a week I took like one averagely nice outfit but don't even think I wore it! Lol too drunk to care xx

haha yeah that's what will probably happen to me, too drunk to care what I look like! woo for top knots, i'll be the same, rocking the same boots and shorts for the few days I think. I'll probably stock up on the odd few snacks to avoid paying for ridiculously over-priced festival food. I have a pretty cool bumbag that I invested in a while back so i'll just use that to my full advantage and keep all my cash on me at all times! but yeah, thank you once again :) x

right ive been to tonnes . as a chick i think make sure you have a change of pants for each day .. i usually take two outfits with me , something warmer for evenings , and somethin lightweight for days . BOOTS ont take any other shoes however hot it is . just take good boots an a pair of wellies . youll be doing a shedload of standing an walking . comfort over style .

wet wipes , deodorant stick , gum , tothbrush , tothpaste , a couple of spare laccy bands for your hair an thats it . if its reading or leeds your going to both are fairly near the town so you can do morning runs to a cashpoint in town to save you having too much cash on you . NEVER leave cash in the tents . people go specifically to day raid tents while everyones watching bands .

cash machines on site are a nono too a) queues so long its usually run out by the time you get there and b ) the shady people watch you getting it out then pickpocket you .

TAKE LOO ROLLS lol .

have fun xx

ahhh thank you so much! that gives me a good little checklist to work off now. Thank you all! :) xxx

Have a fab time

Have a fab time

thank you very much! I'm sure I will :D! x

ps : if you find two changes of clothing not enough theres ALWAYS clothing stalls there , if you go to them at night the people working them are usually drunk as hell so you can haggle :p

haha ahh what a great tip! that will help alot, I will definately be doing that! xx

Paracetamol and dry shampoo

I am definately going to stock up on those! Thank you :D x

Condoms incase you have sex

Lightweight water proof jacket or poncho

I won't be having sex unfortunately, as my OH cannot join me for the festival :( this is the only downside to next weekend. But absolute yes on the poncho! Thank you :D x

Anti-bac liquid gel for after you've been to the on-site loos!!

I went to download in 2011 it was amazing!

They took our vodka so anything in glass bottles is a no a

nd I Took about 250 with me and hid it in my bra and socks, cant be too careful, toilet roll is like gold in these places so take loads. Dont use the loos after a

Man either lol.

Festival food can be so expensive :-( maybe take some portable bbqs from poundlabd to heat stuff up, take coffee sachets you can normally beg a cup of hot water from the food vans beats pay up to 3 pound for a cup of naff coffee

Ponchos are a must best 25 i ever spent as it can get cold,

Sun tan lotion a hat are always good idea,

Dont leave anything expensive in your tent xxx above all have fun

Oh and a wind up torch so you can see where your going at night

It is indeed Greenman! :D I am super excited! See you there too Chelsea :D! xx

and thank you so much lillithlibby :)! i'm so jealous you went to download in 2011, I wanted to go so badly, especially that year! xx