Fetish Clubs Advice

My lady and I were talking about going to the kinky kollege event this spring in Chicago. Has anyone ever attended this or any fetish club? If so, how was it, did you get to play with others or is it a tight nit group thats not open to newbes. Also, anybody know what a guy should wear to it? They say no dress codes just wanna dress kinky and fit the part. Advice please! 🙈

I've not been to that event but from what I have seen of other conference-type events, the daytime is usually whatever you would normally wear on your days off work and the evening play parties are when you dress up. If they take place in hotels or conference centres which are shared with other people, it will usually be compulsory to dress in clothes which are suitable for a vanilla setting. It isn't really fair to subject non consenting vanilla folk to men in leather jock straps and women wearing nothing but rope etc!

For the play parties, I would recommend something you feel comfortable in but it should also be something you can move in if you do end up playing. If you get stuck, guys can't really go wrong with all black (there is often a no trainers and no jeans rule though). If you want to make more of an effort you could wear leather, latex, PVC, uniforms... Take a look through some event photos and see what you can see yourself wearing.

If you are planning to attend a few events over the weekend, you'll probably find you quickly make friends. Kink events tend to be friendly so even if you just go to one event, you'll almost certainly meet lots of people. As for playing, that really depends on the people. There are usually plenty of opportunities to bottom but if you are a top/dom/sadist you might find people are reluctant to play with you until they know you better and have seen you play with others (perhaps with your partner, so make sure you take your toys). In my experience, there are always men wanting to play with women, whether the women are tops or bottoms.

Take a bag of toys with you so you can play with your partner. Cuffs, rope, nipple clamps, dildos/vibes, condoms, and impact toys are the kinds of things I'd take but think about the kinds of play you might want to do and pack accordingly. Also, make sure you have wipes to clean any equipment you might share.

Are you planning to go for the whole weekend or just to a play party? If this is your first kink event (not sure if it is or if it is just your first club) it might be a bit of a shock to the system to go for the whole weekend.

I'm sure you and your partner will have an amazing time! Make sure you tell us about it when you get back.