First experience with silicone-ish lube.

I just bought this today, am quite excited and can't wait to use it. I spoke to louise on the live chat asking if it is suitable for use with silicone toys and she said not to chance it sas we don't no the silicone content of it, so I emailed Pjur to ask them.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20766

Seems silly only being able to use it purely just for sex with my oh, as I only own silicone toys so therefore I prob won't be able to use it with them.

Apart from liquid silk which only has a tiny amount of silicone in it (2%) which I have and absolutely love, I have never used a silicone lubricant before. I know that this one I've just bought isn't mainly silicone based as it is water based also but it has to be higher than liquid silk silicone content?

I was just wondering what it feels like when usding silicone lubes? I hope it's not oily or greasy, as that would be my worst nightmare and I can't think of anything I'd dislike more?

rb

xx

Well, we use Pjur Original with all our silicone toys with no issue at all (the toys include Tantus, Fun Factory, Vixen and a few other lesser manufacturers).

I posted a link to a Tantus article on the topic on an earlier thread on silicone toys.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/363016-silicone-toys/

As for the feel of silicone, you need so little of it that it works without being that noticeable. It warms up quickly so you don't get that cooling that you get with water-based lubes and of course it goes on working for hours with no change in its effectiveness. The Pjur Woman, which is thinner than Pjur Original is now our favourite for normal sex: See

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=362

Hi gyrator, I only ever purchase from tantus' silicone dildo range, so you reckon this 'silicone' one will be ok to use with my tantus toys? Obviously you understand that I don't want to ruin them as they're expensive to replace.

rb

xx

is it kind to delicate litlle flowers? lol. as I am very prone to irritations down there and suffer from constant uti's.

xx

I have done the 'patch' test of the lubes on each of the toys as Metis Black suggests in her article and I think this is a worthwhile precaution but from my experience I'd be very surprised if you had an issue.

Being rather old and thick-skinned I'm probably the wrong person to ask about adverse reactions but we have not had any problems with silicone lubes (by contrast Maximus really stings me!)

I think you should test it by a drop onto the toy to see if there is reaction (in some less visible place).

What I hate is how silicone lubes are pretty much hard to wash away. I always have a shower on my lady´s bits to wash any lube off, but silicone lubes are pretty tough at being removed - yes they do last long, which is pretty annoying when you want them gone. Also they can stain.

As for the feeling, I havent noticed much difference, although it feels a bit more greasy than water-based lube. It does seem to be warming up more quickly, but I dont mind the coldness of waterbased lube (after all I like playing with ice). I personally prefer waterbased, to be honest.

maximus is water based though isn't it? that's odd, but then again most things tend to irritate me. I will give it a go and see how I get on with it and do a patch test on my least favourite toy.lol/.

xx

I think there is a place for both water-based and silicone lubes. Lots of Water-based lubes have this Non-Newtonian shear-thinning trick which can make them very slick. Put some on the palms of you hands and rub them back and forth and you find that its very slippery with the resistance not increasing much with how fast you rub or how hard you press. However, after a few minutes you notice that this trick doesn't last once they start to dry out. Do the same test with a silicone lube (you will find you need way less of it) and you notice that its not as slick - the resistance is greater and increases progressively with speed and pressure but you will get bored before you see much change in its performance.

So, as I've said before we use both types - Liquid Silk for the initial slick for inserting toys and silicone for staying power. Liquid Silk, with its silicone content may be trying to achieve this but perhaps they can't suspend a higher silicone content in a lube that needs to stay well mixed for months in the bottle.

I was given a silicone based lube to test a while back - Lylou I think it was called. My review was very negative - it was so runny, it got bloody everywhere, and there was just no getting rid of it. Maybe that's why they never put it on sale!

SS xx

I wouldn't call even the Pjur Woman exactly thin - maybe SAE 30 monograde 8-)=

The Pjur bottles have a small (say 2mm) hole in the top so you can easily get the small amount you need - I'd guess half to 1ml max. I don't keep records but a 100ml bottle lasts us absolutely ages.

Well actually, looking at my emails I find that we bought the last bottle from LH in October last year and we still have about 1/3 of it left!

that's still along time gyrator!

xx