First Hollywood Wax

Ok so I've just booked my first Hollywood hot wax

I normally do as much as I can myself with veet warm wax

How different is it going to be, what am I letting myself in for? Any pre appointment tips please!

TI A

You're a braver woman than me, I've never been able to work up that kind of courage! No advice I'm afraid, but a whole lot of moral support. Congrtaulations! :D

Wow I'm amazed you do it yourself!!
I take an ibuprofen about 30 mins before and obv make sure I'm squeaky clean but given you've waxed yourself in the past you should be fine. Good luck xx

I can never get the undercarriage that well myself, so take lots from the front ect

Ive had 2 natural births so Im guessing its do able lol

What kind of wax do they use? I'm a professional beauty therapist and have done many hollywood waxes. You will LOVE it!

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

What kind of wax do they use? I'm a professional beauty therapist and have done many hollywood waxes. You will LOVE it!

As you're a beauty therapist can I ask, do they wax in all of the folds? Like the inner labia etc.... Or is it just wax what they can see ?

SquirtyPanda wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

As you're a beauty therapist can I ask, do they wax in all of the folds? Like the inner labia etc.... Or is it just wax what they can see ?

I only wax where there is hair. If they have something called "hot wax" this is NOT removed by paper strips as "warm wax" is. The beauty with this is that it only sticks to hair, and not skin, making it much easier and LOADS more comfortable for the person being waxed. It is uncomfortable (you're taking hair out of the root at speed!) I ask the lady I'm waxing to hold herself where is best in order to get the best stretch.

OH ok thanks for answering. Have you heard of this sugar waxing? Looks interesting

So here's some tips for anyone thinking of getting a hollywood wax!

- Find a reputable salon. Find a CLEAN salon! Cheaper does NOT mean better. Your vagina will not thank you!

- Find a salon that uses "HOT WAX" for intimate waxing. This wax will stick to hair only and not skin like traditional wax where it is removed by paper strips. It is wonderful, and much more comfortable!

- If the therapist gives you any disposable underwear, they only get in the way. Don't be shy, cover yourself with a towel they (should) provide and go from there, it is ALOT easier for us therapists to wax when the little gstrings aren't there. And we've seen thousands of vaginas so don't worry.

- Keep hair trimmed, but not super short. The wax needs to be able to stick to something! Likewise, don't rock up with a bush resembling Nottingham Forrest. It will be more painful and take MUCH longer.

- Please do not come for a wax when you are on your period. Some therapists don't mind if you are wearing a tampton but please bear in mind your sensitivity levels are way higher and a friend of mine actually pulled out someones tampon with wax. I kid you not!

- Please do not have sex before you attend an appointment, we know.

- Please SHOWER before your appointment. We know when you don't. Most people would brush their teeth/chew a polo before visiting the dentist. It is only polite. And if they leave you any hygine wipes, use one! We are very professional but that does not mean we want to smell you when you haven't showered for a couple of days and have been getting sweaty in the afternoon.

- It is normal to be more sensitive on one side

- The most painful part is actually the hair above the clit. The wax does NOT hurt (In my opinion anyway!)

- Please co-operate with the therapist when she asks you to hold and stretch. When you stretch, stretch good and firm! It keeps it much more comfortable! You will feel a bit daft but it is only easier for us and more comfortable for you.

- Avoid tight underwear and clothes after your wax. You may be feeling a bit sensitive.

- Redness is normal afterwards.

- Avoid hot showers! Avoid anything perfumed down there, too. Your hair follicles are open and can be open to infection.

- As tempting as it is, try to avoid sex for 24 hours. Lots of bacteria etc etc, you get the idea.

- Keep it up! Hair growth becomes finer and finer, and more comfortable the more you have. Stick to every 4-6 weeks.

- Lastly, enjoy! Welcome to the wonderful world of hollywood waxing. There really is nothing quite like it!

In regards to painkillers before, I don't think you really need them. Also, from a legal side, the therapist should not be telling you what to take! God forbid you have an allergic reaction to something, we are liable as we told you to take it!

Sorry if I went on too much there, just sharing my experience as a therapist.

SquirtyPanda wrote:

OH ok thanks for answering. Have you heard of this sugar waxing? Looks interesting

I have! I have yet to try it. Personally I would rather stick with hot wax for any intimate waxing. I know of a few therapists who swear by it and a few that hate it. Each to their own!

Thanks Sugarboobies. Its a hot wax, but dont know the brand.

Its a really nice salon too.

Cant belive anyone would come along without showering... yuck

Im kind of in too minds whether to go Hollywood or Brazillian. But I figure if im going they may as well whip it all off, and then I can decide as it grows back which I prefer. Lol 

Weird thing is im actually going on my birthday. ?. Haha.... kind of a wanted to do before im any older thing! 

Siren40 wrote:

Im kind of in too minds whether to go Hollywood or Brazillian. But I figure if im going they may as well whip it all off, and then I can decide as it grows back which I prefer. Lol

Weird thing is im actually going on my birthday. ?. Haha.... kind of a wanted to do before im any older thing!

Get it all off. Then you can decide what you want next time. As long as it's hot wax you'll be fine, cant wait to hear how you get on!

ITS SO SMOOTH. I seriously cant stop touching mine after (i know i shouldnt though lol)

That's so weird! I've just booked a wax downstairs too and I am beyond nervous but the comments have got me so excited for it! Let us know how you get on! ^_^ x

Waxing is so much better than shaving...leaves you so smooth down there 😍

Im always shaving down there...I am tempted to grow it out and get a Hollywood done... Looked up salons near me and the range from £38 down to £25.... 🤔

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Waxing is so much better than shaving...leaves you so smooth down there 😍

Im always shaving down there...I am tempted to grow it out and get a Hollywood done... Looked up salons near me and the range from £38 down to £25.... 🤔

Get a wax hun! Just find a reputable salon that uses hot wax. You'll love it.

MissNoir wrote:

That's so weird! I've just booked a wax downstairs too and I am beyond nervous but the comments have got me so excited for it! Let us know how you get on! ^_^ x

When are you booked for MissNoir ?

Im going Friday morning

Siren40 wrote:

MissNoir wrote:

When are you booked for MissNoir ?

I booked in for 2 weeks tomorrow, I'm going up to surprise oh as he's away so thought that would be a wee added bonus ^_^ I've always wanted one so why not, tired of shaving! What about yourself x

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

So here's some tips for anyone thinking of getting a hollywood wax!

- Find a reputable salon. Find a CLEAN salon! Cheaper does NOT mean better. Your vagina will not thank you!

- Find a salon that uses "HOT WAX" for intimate waxing. This wax will stick to hair only and not skin like traditional wax where it is removed by paper strips. It is wonderful, and much more comfortable!

- If the therapist gives you any disposable underwear, they only get in the way. Don't be shy, cover yourself with a towel they (should) provide and go from there, it is ALOT easier for us therapists to wax when the little gstrings aren't there. And we've seen thousands of vaginas so don't worry.

- Keep hair trimmed, but not super short. The wax needs to be able to stick to something! Likewise, don't rock up with a bush resembling Nottingham Forrest. It will be more painful and take MUCH longer.

- Please do not come for a wax when you are on your period. Some therapists don't mind if you are wearing a tampton but please bear in mind your sensitivity levels are way higher and a friend of mine actually pulled out someones tampon with wax. I kid you not!

- Please do not have sex before you attend an appointment, we know.

- Please SHOWER before your appointment. We know when you don't. Most people would brush their teeth/chew a polo before visiting the dentist. It is only polite. And if they leave you any hygine wipes, use one! We are very professional but that does not mean we want to smell you when you haven't showered for a couple of days and have been getting sweaty in the afternoon.

- It is normal to be more sensitive on one side

- The most painful part is actually the hair above the clit. The wax does NOT hurt (In my opinion anyway!)

- Please co-operate with the therapist when she asks you to hold and stretch. When you stretch, stretch good and firm! It keeps it much more comfortable! You will feel a bit daft but it is only easier for us and more comfortable for you.

- Avoid tight underwear and clothes after your wax. You may be feeling a bit sensitive.

- Redness is normal afterwards.

- Avoid hot showers! Avoid anything perfumed down there, too. Your hair follicles are open and can be open to infection.

- As tempting as it is, try to avoid sex for 24 hours. Lots of bacteria etc etc, you get the idea.

- Keep it up! Hair growth becomes finer and finer, and more comfortable the more you have. Stick to every 4-6 weeks.

- Lastly, enjoy! Welcome to the wonderful world of hollywood waxing. There really is nothing quite like it!

In regards to painkillers before, I don't think you really need them. Also, from a legal side, the therapist should not be telling you what to take! God forbid you have an allergic reaction to something, we are liable as we told you to take it!

Sorry if I went on too much there, just sharing my experience as a therapist.

Thank you so very very much for your indepth reply/information. I am thinking of having the Hollywood and am very tempted. The salon I go to does use hot wax. Don't want to put on here if I finally go ahead with it because want to keep my boyfriend on tenterhooks. I really really want to have it done but it's the cost more than anything.

This Fri morning. I've not timed it great really as we are child free on Friday evening . Hey ho, prehaps we can just play on fri evening, and wait until later on sat to jump the hubby. It was either this friday, or wait until the following weekend when I can go child free