hollywood waxing ?

could someone who has had it done , tell how its done ? as in i assume you lay there half naked and they do it also how far round do they go ?

i'm tempted but need the push to go

Essentially, you're right. You lay there with your trousers off, or your skirt up, with a towel around you that the beautician adjusts depending on where they're waxing, (this helps to prevent embarrassment on both parts, I think). How far round they go is entirely your decision, and a good waxer will always ask your permission before doing anything. A Hollywood usually includes both front and back, though, with no hair remaining.

Also, you should make sure that they're using hot wax rather than cold strips as this really does make the experience much nicer.

If you do decide to go for the full Hollywood, I recommend taking paracetamol before - it really does help!

Lovehoney - Gem wrote:

Essentially, you're right. You lay there with your trousers off, or your skirt up, with a towel around you that the beautician adjusts depending on where they're waxing, (this helps to prevent embarrassment on both parts, I think). How far round they go is entirely your decision, and a good waxer will always ask your permission before doing anything. A Hollywood usually includes both front and back, though, with no hair remaining.

Also, you should make sure that they're using hot wax rather than cold strips as this really does make the experience much nicer.

If you do decide to go for the full Hollywood, I recommend taking paracetamol before - it really does help!

thank you for the advice , i'm just fed up of shaving and thought i could treat myself

No problem :)

It's worth doing. I find that it's a definite confidence boost too, and MUCH better than shaving. Xx

yes waxing is great! it feels so sexy once it's done and really isn't that painful.

the beautician told me to keep my pants on and simply move them to one side, then she waxed it, then we did the other side, which was a very modest and non embarassing technique.

it also helps if you pull the skin taut as the wax strip is about the be pulled off.

and i would recommend putting calamine lotion on the area when it's done- it will take away the redness ssooo much quicker and if it is the first time you have been waxed in that area expect it to take a couple of days for the redness to disappear.

katmiaow wrote:

yes waxing is great! it feels so sexy once it's done and really isn't that painful.

the beautician told me to keep my pants on and simply move them to one side, then she waxed it, then we did the other side, which was a very modest and non embarassing technique.

it also helps if you pull the skin taut as the wax strip is about the be pulled off.

and i would recommend putting calamine lotion on the area when it's done- it will take away the redness ssooo much quicker and if it is the first time you have been waxed in that area expect it to take a couple of days for the redness to disappear.

i guess it will vary from beautician to beautician

was just looking at my local salon (for prices) and they offer a californian , whats one of those ?

When I get waxed they give you a pair of disposable cotton panties and she maneuvers it depending on what she's doing. You just ask what you want done and they guide you through it. I'm used to hollywoods but its still pretty funny all the positions I have to do ^_^ It's a good thing to mentally treat it like going to the doctor's if you feel embarrassed at the start, remember these ladies have seen LOTS of vajay jays and are used to waxing everything. Top tips if it's your first time

1. Take a paracetamol beforehand

2. Wear loose undies or clothes that day (one word ,chaffing!)

3. Don't take a hot bath until the next day or 2 (your skin needs to heal)

4. If you got some lotion for irritated skin/sunburns or something around the house apply if you still feel a bit sore

5. When your skin is back to normal make sure to exfoliate that area when you shower/bath in the next few weeks to avoid ingrown hairs

IMO it's a lot better than shaving. Your hair grows back thinner and easier to wax (why it's less painful the more you do it) and the smoothness lasts a good few weeks. I'll also add that you don't get that horrible itchy feeling you get when the hair grows back after shaving.

Im a male and I have had the full 'hollywood'. The only part that really hurts is when they get to the part just about the penis/vagina but when thats over its fine. To ease the pain just get the Beautician to put their hand on and press down slightly on the spot they just waxed, like straight after they pull it off. The finally getting finished off around the back doors is basically painless but prepare to have your butt cheeks opened up . For after care the Beautician should have stuff but a good thing to use is aloe vera.

and the more often you get it done then the hairs will begin to take longer to grow back each time.

Hope that helped.