First Sex Toy Experience?

Hi, my fiancée and I have been buying from Lovehoney for over a year now, but I just joined the community recently. I was wondering what age people were when they had their first real sex toy experience? I was 21, while I got her one when she was a bit younger, around 18.

I remember some people at secondary school saying sex toys were for perverts and people that couldn't enjoy their own sex life, but from what I've experienced so far, I have to say, they were wrong!

But to the original question? How old (or young!) were you when you had your first?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/47424-what-was-your-first-toy/

The truth, or in our case the answers- are always out there PYN !!! Search forums thread top right of page will save the creation of extra threads, assuming we all put our ages down... can't remember so long ago!! Not to worry though you wont be the last!!

Tallby

Hmmm it's almost like we're running out of questions to ask!!

Gah what a Newb mistake I make! apologies!

imeldaimelda wrote:

Hmmm it's almost like we're running out of questions to ask!!

Originality is pretty difficult Imelda, and in this context it may be the reason campers bugger off after a while, lots of reasons, but that might be one. Maybe ask campers their opinions on that one !!

TB

As a newbie it is difficult to know what has come before (excuse the pun!)

Lots of old threads to trawl through to check that you aren't re-starting something

Red-Queen are you using the search forums to narrow down the field- OR NOT !!!

TB

Yeah I agree red queen. I hope no one is offended when I and others direct newbies to old threads. We still wnat their input, just in the most appropriate place.

A good point BBN!

sometimes is it just easyer to write a new post rather than try to see if some1 has done something like it before

See what your saying hun but its hard to keep up and get the advice you need if there is three of four threads on about the same thing

xxx

imeldaimelda wrote:

Yeah I agree red queen. I hope no one is offended when I and others direct newbies to old threads. We still wnat their input, just in the most appropriate place.

I can understand the re-directing, but it can be a bit off putting... personally it feels like theres no interest in the question asked because its already been discussed before, and sometimes getting the here and now response provides a better response as it makes a newbie feel more involved in the community...

PS, just my 2 cents, dont want to seem derogatory

speedo wrote:

imeldaimelda wrote:

I can understand the re-directing, but it can be a bit off putting... personally it feels like theres no interest in the question asked because its already been discussed before, and sometimes getting the here and now response provides a better response as it makes a newbie feel more involved in the community...

PS, just my 2 cents, dont want to seem derogatory

Nope good point really Speedo, and one l hadn't really thought about. If we are to obtain originality then it might not be necessarily the best thing to route campers down a particular pre trod lane!!! Just that it does get potentially confusing. Also have to take into consideration the influx of newbies !!

Food for thought Speedo.

Tallboy

speedo wrote:

I agree that there is certainly a much warmer and friendlier feel to a personal answer to a question. However, there are a couple of things which I think about in situations like that:

1. The person asking is actually interested in the information they are requesting

2. The person asking is interested in more than one person's perspective

Referring people to earlier threads which contain a lot of relevant information is a quick and easy way to get a comprehensive answer to a question.

From my point of view, I can feel frustrated by being asked to provide personal responses to the same questions time after time after time. At times like that, I feel that it would be nice if a person met me halfway and looked into their own question a little bit, instead of just asking something like "What vibe, please help!?!"

Then again, I am soooo not in the running for sainthood, so I'm sure I won't be scuppering my chances by being crotchety. :)

Defo a good point. Think it depends how long you;ve been on the forums - it gets right tiring seeing the same bloody question again and again especially if they ahven't bothered searching at all (or writing anything different in the question) seriously one more question on anal play for men!!! I give more general answers then, but if someone has taken the time, I give links with a bit more and sometimes a mention that it's obviously a common issue and not to worry asking again.