Did anyone start using toys first?

Just wondering if anyone used toys before they started having sex?:)

I didn't, I didn't get my first toy until I was 16, what about you?

xxx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/47424-what-was-your-first-toy/

Kinda Pam !!!!!

Tallboy

OMG what a late starter I was, I didn't get my first toy till I was in my 40's Mind you I have made up for it since lol.

C1

Pam you are not by any chance the same Pam who got out of her tree on Orgasms in Shoreditch a few years back and fell over on the way to Liverpool Street Station and then showed everyone on the pltform just how quickly the bruise on your arse had come up, all on the night you discussed your wedding plans!!! =are you?

TB

LMAO no. I'm in my 20's and just bought my first lot of toys. Reason for asking is because my friend's sister is 16 and hasn't had sex yet, but she wants to experiment with toys. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought?

i got my first ones before i started having sex

theres lots of women who seem to use household objects as a kind of first toy

I used to hump my teddy when I was 9 - does that count. (Kind of stuffed it between my legs and humped against it!)

i experimented with stuff before i had sex but i only just bought my first lot of toys...

Horny Pony wrote:

I used to hump my teddy when I was 9 - does that count. (Kind of stuffed it between my legs and humped against it!) External Media

LOL!

This so reminded me.

As a babysitter (think I was around 11+) I got a HUGE childs teddy and we used to slide down the stairs on it....lots of fun btw...till we crashed into the wall!

Anyway I can remember feeling the buzz - in my nehter regions and thinking hmm...that's nice. So without really knowing why I used to take it to bed with me a 'hump it'. One night - I heard the parents come home from the pub (I was sleeping over as usual) and after a while I heard them having sex.....omg! that teddy got some that night I tell ya!!

External Media

I did. I was always a mega secretive, closed kind of person and didnt want to tell whoever i lost it to that i was a virgin.. i also didnt want it to be a painful experience, so using toys to break myself in worked pretty damn well... there was also the side of it being that i was pretty obsessed from a young age..

got first toy at 14/15, didnt have sex till 17...

PamBeesly wrote:

my friend's sister is 16 and hasn't had sex yet, but she wants to experiment with toys. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought?

I didn't get my first toys til long after I became sexually active. I think I would have liked to have experimented with toys before playing with a partner - I certainly would have known my body a whole lot better, and known a whole lot more about what I liked.

I think that playing with toys first, and then experimenting with partners after that sounds like an excellent idea to me! Toys would certainly help deal with teenage horniness, help reduce the risk of exposure to STIs and pregnancy, and help educate a person about how their body responds to different types of stimulation.

I'm sure there could be a real benefit to having some kind of outreach program where sex educators can give out toys as well as condoms, and advise on their use. Toys before sex gets my vote! :)

Lubyanka wrote:

PamBeesly wrote:

my friend's sister is 16 and hasn't had sex yet, but she wants to experiment with toys. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought?

I think that playing with toys first, and then experimenting with partners after that sounds like an excellent idea to me! Toys would certainly help deal with teenage horniness, help reduce the risk of exposure to STIs and pregnancy, and help educate a person about how their body responds to different types of stimulation.

I'm sure there could be a real benefit to having some kind of outreach program where sex educators can give out toys as well as condoms, and advise on their use. Toys before sex gets my vote! :)

you see toys helped me a lot, i know what i want and i dont mind telling a partner. if you have a toy it usually means that you dont have to settle for mediocracy

I was lucky that my boyfriend is really open and encouraged me to start using toys, which something I hadn't really had the confidence to consider before. It was something that we shared together at first but has become part of the routine as we're doing the long-distance thing.

I think the idea of using toys before sex might encourage girls to think more about their own sexual pleasure rather than just about penetrative/'proper' (as we called it at school!!) sex, which is obviously a good thing. Having an idea of your own tastes and desires before having someone elses to consider would be a great way to develop. Plus, maybe a bit less scary as you're in complete control.

sweetlove666 wrote:

you see toys helped me a lot, i know what i want and i dont mind telling a partner. if you have a toy it usually means that you dont have to settle for mediocracy

RealisticRomantic wrote:

I think the idea of using toys before sex might encourage girls to think more about their own sexual pleasure rather than just about penetrative/'proper' (as we called it at school!!) sex, which is obviously a good thing. [...]

Plus, maybe a bit less scary as you're in complete control.

Hear here! I'm all for women asserting their rights to their own pleasure (i.e. mine!), and I'm all for demanding excellence from my partners. Nicely put, both of you. :)

I recall the son of a vicar in West Yorkshire aged circa 3 years old sliding head first down the stairs with an ecstatic expression on his face. We all believed, precocious though he may have been, that he discovered toys before sex!! l would ask the question however have toys ever supplanted sexual union in anyone's affections - thinking more long term to permanent.

Tallboy

tallboy247 wrote:

l would ask the question however have toys ever supplanted sexual union in anyone's affections - thinking more long term to permanent.

I've heard that question from many, many, many men. I suppose the male sexual ego is an incredibly fragile creature.

My answer - if any person rejects physical intimacy with human beings solely because they want to pursue a monogamous relationship with a toy, then I suggest that the services of an emotional health professional might be appropriate in this case.

toys are nice in the same way as solo is nice, but they dont take over your sex life. i must admit that at the beginnig of my "penatrative" sex life i prefered toys, but its really all part and parcel of sex. i love sex with a partner, but if i cant have it ive got my toys

and from this position, i'm single and at uni where most people dont want commitment ( i do and really enjoy intamacy) so personally it is more satisfying for me to have a session with the toys than a one night stand where the other person dosent give a flying monkeys about your pleasure

tallboy247 wrote:

l would ask the question however have toys ever supplanted sexual union in anyone's affections - thinking more long term to permanent.

Ummmm - nooooo!. You don't get feedback from a toy. You can't keep them hanging on the brink begging for mercy! External Media Such fun! I do love my toys though and as the posts above they have taught me so much. I have only started to seriously use toys in the last year so as good for late bloomers as they are for the early birds!

I used to use a impulse bottle but as stated on a previous thread, it got stuck and that was the end of that!

Lubyanka wrote:

PamBeesly wrote:

I didn't get my first toys til long after I became sexually active. I think I would have liked to have experimented with toys before playing with a partner - I certainly would have known my body a whole lot better, and known a whole lot more about what I liked.

I have to agree with Lubyanka on this, toys in school is an excellent idea!

xxx