Fitness regime

Everyone wants to look good naked and also as the sun is out we want to look good as we peel off those winter layers. So what does everyone do to keep their bodies trim? Does anyone have a 5 minute wonder move for keeping the waistline down?

Sadly no 5 minute wonder for me...or 10 even.

It really depends on your genes as to how much / what exercise you need to keep your body in good shape. For me though, I have the slowest metabolism compared to everyone else I know and my body finds it really hard to burn calories off. I know some people that can just eat and eat, barely do any exercise and not put any weight on, where as for me I only have to look at food and i'll put lb's on! It's not like I even eat a high calorie / carb / fatty diet to begin with either. :/

But to aid with keeping my weight steady I try and squeeze in around 3 hours a week on the treadmill when I'm at home, plus some dumbbell exercises too. And to aid with losing weight I'll do at least an hour a day on the treadmill, plus the dumbbells.

Along with a calorie controlled food intake, walking and jogging definitely helps me. If you're not getting much exercise to begin with, then I'd say just try going for a simple 30 minute walk every day if you have the time.

Don't have an excercise routine…generally walk or cycle to work if the weather is okay. Also go for a half-an-hour walk every day/night; Judo once or twice a week and rugby — all depending on shift pattern. Judo and Rugby don't really do anything for the waistline as I tend to eat a lot more afterwards, but do keep me relatively fit.

I've started cycling to work now, about 9miles each way. really do need to head back to the gym though

for something you'll actually stick to despite the excuses or brains make up, I'd say find something you enjoy and/or a challenge you'd like to complete. don't worry about the waistline, that only comes with a life style change...but can magically happen when you're not paying attention and just out having fun

I have an air walker that I use at home every morning. Just about to start doing exercises to tone up.

I walk a lot and we do Yoga at work on a Wednesday.

You could look up a few Yoga positions and start practicing them? You could create a mini 10 minute routine for each morning :)

I box so I go boxing once a week and train with my coach , not boxercise or kickboxing proper boxing I love it gets frustation out I sweat like no ones business and works wonders helps me stay fit and lots of fun with the coach

When I started hula hooping, I did it for only 5-10 mins a time, and did notice a difference.

I use to do a lot, but currently I don't have the time to. But plan to get into full time training soon, once again =)

If you're looking for a quick fix for summer you could try the 30 day shred! It's really hard work, but it gives brilliant results.

I bought the DVD, that wouldn't work on my DVD player, tried it on my laptop and it was out of sync so I couldn't use it, then realised that YouTube have each sectoin on there!! Doh! There's three stages, and you do one stage every 10 days. If you're not used to excersize I wouldn't go for that right away, maybe start working walking into your daily routine first :)

Skipping rope! But make sure you invest in a good sports bra.

I only tend to do excercise when I'm at home rather than uni for some reason - probably because I get bored at home! - and my routine consists of 50 star jumps, 100 sit ups, 30 squats and finish off with about 200 jumps with a skipping rope (if I can be bothered) or just walk in the spot.

I'm working on my bum atm as well so I tend to do simple bum exercises in the shower whilst washing my hair and clench when I'm in bed or just sat down etc.

I jog and do various other exercises... Then again I am should do being a trainee personal trainer. Psychology plays a big part in loosing weight . It takes great will power for a person to start to change to become a healthy person. When I finish my course I will be looking forward to helping people get fit :)

i am finding that the 5 - 2 diet is working well for me to loose ( and at worse maintain) my weight.

I swim a fair bit as well. I have chronic fatigue and mobility issues so it's about the only excercise i can do properly

I don't have an exersize routine, I generally chase my child around who has ADHD which gives me a bit of a work out, and then will play dancing games and things on the wii. And since I don't drive I walk most places.

I have to say that Lovehoney are amazing on this front. We get a free gym membership, and I've been allowed to work flexibly so I can go in the mornings and come into work a bit later on (and work later to make it up, of course!).

By seeing a trainer and getting it out of the way in the morning, I've been going now for over 7 months consistently. The guys at the gym have also encouraged my running and I ran my first timed 5k a couple of weeks ago.

There's also Lovehoney yoga on Wednesdays for the stretchy types.

Bonny and I have started a healthy eating snack club (to counter the biscuits and other naughty nibbles!) and so far we're being pretty good!

2 Likes

circuit training has done the trick for me, great if you can go with your partner.

im desperately trying to find a cheap bike so i can ride in the day when kiddo's at school

MrsMcX wrote:

If you're looking for a quick fix for summer you could try the 30 day shred! It's really hard work, but it gives brilliant results.

I bought the DVD, that wouldn't work on my DVD player, tried it on my laptop and it was out of sync so I couldn't use it, then realised that YouTube have each sectoin on there!! Doh! There's three stages, and you do one stage every 10 days. If you're not used to excersize I wouldn't go for that right away, maybe start working walking into your daily routine first :)

I have this DVD :) I find levels 1 and 3 the best as I want to lose fat and tone but I don't want to build muscle. Between this DVD and the kangmei supplements, in 6 months I have lost over 10kg and dropped from a size 16 to a size 10.

I do gym 3 nights a week and Down hill race on a weekend.

I gym it when I can find the time.. maybe two or three times a week. I also walk a fair bit. It's certainly not enough to lose any weight though - well not with the way I eat anyway lol x