Friends and Friend Requests

Hi All,

I'm relatively new on this site after making a couple of purchases from LH and posting a couple of reviews. I was just wandering what the etiquette is regarding making friend requests, as it would be great to chat to like-minded people and share tips. However, I'm worried at coming across as a perv stalker nobhead! What do other people do?

T x

OK, Thanks for clearing that up

I have been a member of the site for a couple of years now but on the forum side only 1 week and everyone so far have been very nice and just tuck-in Tim and enjoy the chat mate.

Hello TIm!

Here are the rules in the welcome thread:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/289975-welcome-to-the-lovehoney-forum/

It doesn't mention anything about friend requests though, that's very much up to us! I think by posting a thread worrying about being a perv stalker nobhead you are very unlikely to be a perv stalker nobhead! I think most people use their commonsense, if 'Maneater08 - Looking for some young meat' joins and only posts dodgy comments I'd be inclined to ignore her (honestly!).

If you're still worried why not search for an old thread to add to or start a new one discussing tips.

See you around!

Hi Tim welcome to the OA. I usually add people if i've had some good conversations with them on the forums. If people request to be friends and i haven't spoken to them i just leave the request pending and then if i talk to them i will add them. Don't worry about requesting people though everyone is lovely here

Ilovemyman wrote:

I usually add people if i've had some good conversations with them on the forums.

This for me too. I only "request" if I've had a good chat with someone on the forums, and usually won't "accept" unless the same applies. Unless its a lady with a very sexy profile pic! External Media

Wanda, I'm still looking for Maneater08, but I can't seem to find her on the forums? I'm probably too old for her anyway! External Media

welcome tim cum and join the fun house were all friendly on here mate

Nice to see this one come up - i've been having similar concerns. You lot all seem fairly harmless though :)

Finally, someone asks the important question!

(Well, I could have, but I didn't...)

I have to say, I've had a couple of requests from absolute newbies - no posts, no reviews, just joined that day - and I ignore them on principle. I mean, they could be really weird. Or worse, not weird enough! I tend to take the view that if you get stuck in to the forums and show us what you've got (*ahem* conversationally speaking, that is!) then I'll consider anyone I feel I'd get on with, whether I've had conversations with them or not.

Don't think I've actually made a friend request yet, but now I'm feeling at home, I might start!

I'm similar Mr M. I've had a few requests from people with no posts but if they tend to post something in their profile that seems adjusted enough and makes it clear they're happy in their relationship or happy single and not here to seduce people I'll generally accept 'em. I don't quite understand it myself.

Mine were minimal at best, and not that reassuring. I wish there were some way to communicate directly with them when accepting or ignoring.

Mr Monster wrote:

Don't think I've actually made a friend request yet, but now I'm feeling at home, I might start!

You requested me External Media though I requested you to request me via Wanda due to my inability to easily find you :S

I don't add people either - unless I notice they're not on my friend list and suprised that they're not because I really like them or get on well with them...though I'm oblivious to who's on my list most of the time.

I accept people who've made valuable contributions to the forums - that can happen within one post, ten or a hundred - depends on the person. I leave others sitting on my list until I know them better and very rarely accept people without profile photos although that can be very variable again depending on the person. Some of our best newer members have no profile photo ;)

Adxx

Ad, I believe that a thousand words are worth a picture!

Mr Monster wrote:

Ad, I believe that a thousand words are worth a picture!

ha ha ha

i have recently made a few friend request, hope to meet new people on here, hope no one minds my requests and i look forward to hearing from you

I found it odd that when I was fairly inactive on the site for 6 months I came back to find lots of friend requests from people I don't know at all, with pretty blank profiles. Not sure what the requests could be based on, given that I wasn't posting. Like others have said, I'm just leaving them pending until I find out more about them.

SS xx

PS - Tim, you seem like the anti-nobhead, as Wanda says! Welcome to the forums.

SS xx

hi and welcome to the forum

Hi and welcome, been on here a few months and have only just noticed that you can have "friends", I would only add people that are on here regularily enough for me to be able to make some sort of judgement as to whether or not I think they are like minded peeps.

Saying that I haven't requested anyone to be my friend, even though there are peeps on here that I have thought that I might like to get to know better on a purely plutonic not pervy nobhead kinda level, I have always been quite shy with asking peeps, but flattered if anyone ever asks me.

I have to say that although the talk tends to be pretty frank and open, I haven't really come accross anything that makes me think that people are pervs.

Does it mean anything in terms of being able to interact with people or is it just a bit of a gimmick?