Friends requests

Hi folks, I've had a few friends requests which is very nice, but as far as I can see this is a bit of a defunct feature.... it apparently used to enable people to have their own chats, but not anymore, I think the benefit is to be able to quickly check the reviews and purchases etc of similar minded people.

So, I happily accept some if we have been in conversation and seem to have enough in common and/or things to talk about. That seems fine. Otherwise, I decline but that is no reflection on whoever has asked.

I'm happily married and my husband is very happy ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) that I have discovedered Lovehoney, but I'm glad that there isn't a private chat space. Using the main forum where others can join in is fine for me.

What do others do?

I accept all friend requests. I think most people use it now as a quick.way to members posts and reviews they like.

I like that this is an open forum with public posts . There are plenty of places for those who want to chat in private. It's nice that everyone is included in everything here xx

I accept them all do. If there was a private chat facility, I would probably have a different polcy, but I quite like it as it is really.

I also accept all friend requests. I post a lot of reviews and try to update my wishlists frequently, so it might be practical for other members to be able to visit my profile and check them out.

As you said, there isn't a private chat function any longer, so I don't mind accepting everyone. Sometimes I'll send a request to new members (after they have posted in the forum) so they don't feel ''lonely'', haha!

I only accept friend requests from those that have posted in the forums or written reviews. If there was a chat function I don't think I would be accepting nearly as many as I do.

Same as above - I only accept friend requests from people that have posted on the forum or written reviews! I find it a bit odd if there's nothing on their profile.

Maybe there is more point to it than I thought, then. I guess once people post posting and writing then it can add to the sense of community. I'll warm up a bit, in that case!

I pretty much accept any and all. 🙂

I accept all requests too :)

I use it if i feel i share something in common with certain members or find their posts interesting/amusing, then i can go straight to their comments easily. Private chat would be nice, but i understand why it`s not allowed.

Yes I agree it is friendly to accept friend requests

MsR wrote:

Maybe there is more point to it than I thought, then. I guess once people post posting and writing then it can add to the sense of community. I'll warm up a bit, in that case!

Apologies to anyone I've ignored in the past - I didn't realise the feature still had a point. As most of you seem to like it please do ask again - might even send out a few myself!

MsR wrote:

MsR wrote:

Apologies to anyone I've ignored in the past - I didn't realise the feature still had a point. As most of you seem to like it please do ask again - might even send out a few myself!

On a similar theme, I'm quite liberal with the 'this review is helpful' tokens. At first I'd only tick it if it was a great review, but I realised that was too high a bar. I don't tick it if the review is too brief, or if it's really not helpful (or even unhelpful), but if it's reasonably detailed and honest I give it a thumbs up.

I sound like a real tool now, but I don’t accept many friend requests. I tend to accept people who share my way of thinking or have a lot of similar experiences or interests, but a random stranger, no way. I guess I draw a distinction between friend and acquaintance.

Please don’t be offended if I decline your request, I just don’t feel we have much in common.

I accept them all. Although I'm always using my phone and they dont tend to show up on when I'm using this. You cant do anything with requests once you have accepted so I'm not worried about who I do or dont add. Look at it as a positive.

What an intriguing post. I've had a community profile for 9 months or so now and had never received a request until the last few weeks were I have received a fair few. I'm not on the forums all day long but I do add bits now and again. I have been declining the requests in the same vein as you, I didn't see a point. This has given me food for thought. But I'd also like to say to anyone who has sent me a request, thank you! And I'm not rude, I just didn't get it before 😀

I didnt even know there was a friend request section 😂🤣😂🤣 havent had any friend requests at all lol ill have make better use of these forums when i get chance lol

Back when there was a chat option I was much more selective on who I accepted requests from. Now I tend to accept them all. There has been times where I haven’t received any requests for months and then a fair few, wonder if that is just coincidence.

I accept all, it’s nice to be asked and it’s harmless, like others have said if the private chat was still a thing I don’t think I’d accept many, don’t think my partner would be to happy if I did

ChloJakes wrote:

Same as above - I only accept friend requests from people that have posted on the forum or written reviews! I find it a bit odd if there's nothing on their profile.

Thanks for the add, great photos!