Friends/Chat on LH?

I'm quite new here, so just wondered what the purpose is of having "friends" (on LH). Is there a "facebook" style forum or live chat on here somewhere? I've looked around a bit, but can't find anything!

Look for the Who's Online bit in the lower right corner. Click on it once you've added/been added as a 'friend' and it will show you who amongst your 'friends' has the site open. It took me ages to figure that out.

Oh, I see! Thanks. Possibly need a few more friends...

I only ever see one or 2 people onlline but it seems to work ok and nice to have a converstation somttimes.

Hi, wuttpud2, you need:

• Friends
  • Who are online when you are
  • and who are happy to chat
  • AND who are happy to be seen online! (You can change your avaliability status in the chat settings so you don't even show up to your friends...)

I have plenty of people who I'd like to chat to, but because I keep strange hours I only get to chat live to a handful of them. The rest I cross paths with on the forums.

Good luck!

MrMr

wuttpud2 wrote:

Oh, I see! Thanks. Possibly need a few more friends...

That would probably help. :-)

I had a wee look at the Friends section on your profile. Neither have posted since mid-October, so they don't seem to be using the forums much (perhaps not at all) right now and aren't likely to show up on the Who's Online. Trying to use them to figure out how the chat works is just making things difficult for yourself. :-)

In my experience, some people join, send out a ton of friend requests and then disappear a few weeks later. It's easy to check if any of your 'friends' have done that via either your own profile page or the 'Manage your friends list' page (accessed via 'Your Account').