Having "friends" on LH

What is the benefit of having friends on here? I have add several people add me now, but what can you do with that? Can you chat with each other? If so how? I would love to have a bit more connection with the people on here as everyone seems really lovely and of course we have a common interest.

The friend feature remains from a time where there was a private messaging function. Now it's mostly used for finding people's profiles easily. For example I add people who's reviews or posts I really enjoy so that I can find their profiles quickly and read their recent posts :)

NatandTom wrote:

The friend feature remains from a time where there was a private messaging function. Now it's mostly used for finding people's profiles easily. For example I add people who's reviews or posts I really enjoy so that I can find their profiles quickly and read their recent posts :)

This! ^^ I find it really handy having one place to go to where I can quickly find profiles of people who's reviews I enjoy reading.

Good info as I was wondering this as well. Thanks

Ahh ok that's a shame there is no messaging function, be nice to have more in depth conversations with some people as there are some topics brought up here that I would rather not talk about openly.

More info on why we have no personal messaging system here: 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1525976-personal-messages-inbox/

Private messaging would be great as Back in the day we have like a little "live chat" feature and you could talk to others like it was msn. The problem is the amount of hassle people were getting from people who just assumed everyone was here to hook up was awful.

I love this place for how you can be really open and discuss taboo subjects but it's also safe for everyone, and you can steer clear of any unsolicited messages or harassment.

Cutecountrygirl wrote:

Ahh ok that's a shame there is no messaging function, be nice to have more in depth conversations with some people as there are some topics brought up here that I would rather not talk about openly.

Lovehoney - Rebecca wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

This! ^^ I find it really handy having one place to go to where I can quickly find profiles of people who's reviews I enjoy reading.

Same i add people to follow threads too and yes that's a shame about the private messages but there's always people to abuse things, take things for granted and ruin it for everybody else, unfortunately that's the way it is and yes sometimes i feel like i reveal too much and am ashamed of myself for my thoughts but so far i haven't been judged and people have been really helpful and understanding -, but still would love the message bit too

Didn’t we have a thread where people could put their twitter name up?

Stuburns wrote:

Didn’t we have a thread where people could put their twitter name up?

It was taken down as I received emails about members being 'harassed' or not wanting to add someone back. So basically it was causing issues for members and us at LH HQ. 

So I decided to enforce the no sharing of contact information rule. 

More information on rule no2 here: 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1548274-sharing-of-personal-information/

Ah ok. It’s a shame that some spoil it for the rest.

I remember a bit of a bust up between members about twitter following. It wasn't pleasant.

Shame. There are people on here I would love to chat with.

I feel bad when i dont accept freind requests on here... so I often just hit accept wondering if they want to bookmark me in someway because they like my reviews or whatnot. That is how I use it, several members I stalk their reviews, recent purchases, etc as I like their perspective and taste.

Vanessa8 wrote:

I feel bad when i dont accept freind requests on here... so I often just hit accept wondering if they want to bookmark me in someway because they like my reviews or whatnot. That is how I use it, several members I stalk their reviews, recent purchases, etc as I like their perspective and taste.

I'll accept someone as long as I've had some kind of interaction on here with them. If I've never spoken to them I don't. I think that's a fair enough rule to go by 🙂

I added people who seem to be regular users involved in lots of threads some because of what they said I thought was interesting/funny/naughty about topics I'm interested in I added people who had pictures. I liked the fact you could see real women not all photoshopped :-) wearing some of lh finest! calmed down on the adding abit last few days think I just wanted to get a handful of friends in the beginning same as when you join any social site community or group :-)

I think it's great not being able to send DMs as it isn't a dating/hook up forum, there's plenty of that out there.

I love being able to chat and read about like minded people on here without the worry of any unwanted messages.

I add people whose advice is always helpful, and reviews are interesting, I accept all that add me as I don't see any harm in it because of the no DMs and maybe they find me to be helpful....who knows 😂

Primarily i defo use the forums for information, discussion and to get ideas.
That said, in the short time i have been on i reckon i have "clicked" with several people who i would love to have been able to probe further directly.
So yes. I suppose a direct chat would have been handy.

But where previously its caused issues, LH is spot on to remove those facilities.
We keep most of the good stuff and people have a safety net.
Frustrating maybe but i think a good shout.

I hadnt thought about the friends feature to stalk users forum posts and reviews (not creepy stalk :), good thinking though.

Its the first time I have come across a no PM thing on a forum, but considering the nature of the content of the discussions and the products that LH sell, annonymity is paramount., plus, their house, their rules.