LH 'friends' - what is the point of it?

Pretty much as the title says...I just spoke with a helpful chap on LiveChat who said that there is no private messaging system on the site, so other than to look popular, what practical benefit is there to having 'friends' on here?

![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

None really, it's just nice, makes you feel like part of the community, people ask this a lot though

This gets asked a lot - it's a left over feature from when there used to be a chat facility.

Now, it doesn't really serve a purpose at all - but many use it to symbollise who they get on well with on the forum, and means that using the wishlist system, you can send members gifts (which some members do for other members birthdays, or if they have been helpful or just because they wanted to).

You don't have to add people, it's entirely your choice.

As I said, I use it just because it's nice to keep tabs on all the wonderful people i've spoken to, and allows me to send random presents to thank members who have been helpful to me.

There is no benefit. It used to be so people could chat to each other on the chat feature, but that was removed a long time ago, before I was a memeber. Now it's just nice to be "friends" with people that you get along with. There's no benefit, it's just left over from the chat days.

If you use the search bar above there's plenty of threads on this topic already, this question gets asked about once a month :)

+1 David

Its nice to know that there are people you have made freinds with and get great advice form

thanks very much for the answers and sorry for any thread duplication... ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

DavidB1986 wrote:

This gets asked a lot - it's a left over feature from when there used to be a chat facility.

Now, it doesn't really serve a purpose at all - but many use it to symbollise who they get on well with on the forum, and means that using the wishlist system, you can send members gifts (which some members do for other members birthdays, or if they have been helpful or just because they wanted too).

You don't have to add people, it's entirely your choice.

As I said, I use it just because it's nice to keep tabs on all the wonderful people i've spoken to, and allows me to send random presents to thank members who have been helpful to me.

+ 1 :) xx

everyone likes having friends ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

pinkanimal wrote:

+1

capricorn13 wrote:

pinkanimal wrote:

+1

+1

Some may argue what the point of friends are at all, let alone on LH

To feel loved! I get the fuzzies when I see a new friend request :D

LH - Ania, is it me or do you keep changing your avatar?

Sum Sub wrote:

I don't keep changing it... It went from nothing, to something, to the current one ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Lovehoney - Ania wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I don't keep changing it... It went from nothing, to something, to the current one ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I keep switching between laptop / phone / tablet so looks different between them all too.

What flower is that?

Sum Sub wrote:

What flower is that?

A pretty one.

"A pretty one" hahahah!!!!

Lovehoney - Ania wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

What flower is that?

A pretty one.

Just like ummm *remembers the rules*

Same as said above. It's annoying though as can't add friends on mobile website. I guess that's why I hardly have any * slumps in chair feeling lonely*

Delboy1991 wrote:

Same as said above. It's annoying though as can't add friends on mobile website. I guess that's why I hardly have any * slumps in chair feeling lonely*

Why hun. . I don't have computer, only use my phone.. Works on mine!