Furlough

Hi all,

I have been furloughed since March and this evning it has been extended till the end of July .

How is everybody staying positive in these difficult times?

any suggestions on things to mix the day up a bit would be great

thanks x

I'm still working, but during lockdown I have been spending a lot of time here, it's very welcoming friendly, supportive and made some lovely friends!

I've been furloughed since March too! I live by myself so trying to keep myself amused is tricky. Usually set myself a routine for each day first thing. Going through the lingerie and toy box and trying oldies has been interesting haha x

I've been furloughed since the beginning of April and I'm not sure what the plan is for going back to work yet. It helps to have some form of routine or try out some hobbies that you usually don't have time for. For example, I've been doing a spot of baking here and there as well as doing some other art projects. I've also been making good use of Netflix and almost watching a movie a day, haha.

I have been on furlough since March as well, try to keep busy and keep a routine going if you can, I have done a lot of jobs around the house and in the garden, the good weather has helped as well, I have done chores or projects in the mornings then sat out in the garden sunbathing in the afternoon. I have been on here a lot more too, oh and consumed quite a few beers ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ oh yeah I have read a lot too, something I donโ€™t normally get much time for.

ChloJakes wrote:

I've been furloughed since March too! I live by myself so trying to keep myself amused is tricky. Usually set myself a routine for each day first thing. Going through the lingerie and toy box and trying oldies has been interesting haha x

That could keep you going til Christmas ๐Ÿ˜

Scoob wrote:

ChloJakes wrote:

That could keep you going til Christmas ๐Ÿ˜
Haha ssssh'd you. I was actually tempted to go through the boxes today and have a clear out. Space is needed for potential new buys on payday!

I think I'm going to be one of the last back to work, I'm a hairdresser so I can't see it being any time soon. I run my own business so it's seriously uncertain times for me right now xxx

1 Like

Me J have been furloughed for 6 weeks with another 3 weeks to go, on there forums more and loads of jobs around the home to do ( which I have put off and work away alot ) so nows the time to get them done no excuses now!

I hope for everyone you are able to get back to work, however having seen the news it seems like the UK is back in lockdown again?

I ask that everyone please look after yourselves and also your mental health. For those here who also keep in contact with others away from this forum, please look out for each other.

Thinking of you all in these crap times.

Yep, wife was due back in November and now been told that wonโ€™t be happening. Bizarre times ahead!