General Fears and Phobias part 2

I have a very strange phobia. I can't sleep naked very well in bed as I have a phobia of having to leave the house in an emergency .So at the very least I sleep in shorts. It does annoy the Mrs sometimes.

My current one is a phobia of over sized rulers . My Mrs is tormenting me with our FSOG ruler at the moment by swishing it and threatening me with it . It's making me very nervous for the headmIstress roleplay lol .

mysteron wrote:

I have a very strange phobia. I can't sleep naked very well in bed as I have a phobia of having to leave the house in an emergency .So at the very least I sleep in shorts. It does annoy the Mrs sometimes.

My current one is a phobia of over sized rulers . My Mrs is tormenting me with our FSOG ruler at the moment by swishing it and threatening me with it . It's making me very nervous for the headmIstress roleplay lol .

Sorry.....I'm not helping on the ruler front am I ? Lol

I have, and have always had a fear of being gagged. I know where it stems from ( a few people on hear may know too) It's something that I would LOVE to overcome. I can't see it ever happening though.

I also have a fear of anything alive which has more than 4 legs or wings. Spiders scare the s**t out of me and I'm particularly terrified of chickens (oven ready ones are fine) lol x

I think the naked bed thing is a valid phobia - I bet some people have been caught out in emergencies in the past.

I have a genuine fear of the buzzer/telecom in my flat. We never have visitors that we don't know are coming, so it makes me jump out of my skin when I hear the buzzer go. It comes from this old telephone on the wall in our hallway, and we can't see who is on the other end, only hear them. I refuse to pick it up when the buzzer sounds and I'm not expecting it!

I have quite a few fears - clowns, heights, spiders, the dark [ more so of what could be in it.. I don't like not being able to see my surroundings properly ], small cramped spaces, large crowds etc.

Ashley22 wrote:

I have quite a few fears - clowns, heights, spiders, the dark [ more so of what could be in it.. I don't like not being able to see my surroundings properly ], small cramped spaces, large crowds etc.

Clowns is another one of mine .I just thought it was me. What is it with clowns ?

mysteron wrote:

Ashley22 wrote:

Clowns is another one of mine .I just thought it was me. What is it with clowns ?

I haven't always had a fear of clowns. I'm a huge Stephen King fan & IT was one of my favourites. I can't seem to put my finger on why I find them so creepy. Even photos make me feel very anxious & trigger panic attacks. :/

Ashley22 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Ashley22 wrote:

I haven't always had a fear of clowns. I'm a huge Stephen King fan & IT was one of my favourites. I can't seem to put my finger on why I find them so creepy. Even photos make me feel very anxious & trigger panic attacks. :/

Same here that's why I asked

I have that fear of sleeping naked also without socks, I must have some one otherwise I cant settle.

Im so scared of clowns and needles.

I'm terrified of eating or drinking infront of people and any flying bugs. The flying bug thing comes from being little and mum and dad were getting Christmas stuff from the loft then this huge drop of flies happened, I couldn't see the floor for them and panicked. I've not been able to cope with buzzing bugs since. I've got more quirks but not phobias.
The clown one is interesting. Lots of people are afraid of China dolls too

Im samw with eating (years of struggling with my weight)

And yep with the phobia of clowns comes the one with anyone in masks, china dolls, manacans (dont know how 2 spell it)

Losing loved ones. People knocking my front door. Spiders. Anybody dressed in a character costume (inc clowns). Birds which flap near me. Failure. Water ... I could go on 😂

My oh has the fear of sleeping in the skud, he used too luv it but unfortunately his skin touching is like scraping a blackboard (his description). Ive a fear of the dark, being home alone, I sleep with weapons because I'm so afraid of being attacked in my own home cx

If I'm home alone with OH away I get very anxious to any noise and keep a weapon near me. I know it is irrational but fear someone breaking in when he us not here.

I have a fear of swallowing tablets. I have just about got over it enough to manage the contraceptive pill! I will always look away if someone else takes a tablet!

I hate it, I buy Nurofen meltlets if I'm feeling rough but they're 5 times more expensive!

I have so many, but the most general/non anxiety related ones would be Spiders and wasps.

Defiantly clowns and dolls
The clowns I think ho back to the late 60s when the circus came. Just something about the make up and sinister smiles.

Dolls well I hate them when younger working in a house a friend thought it was fun to place a large doll behind me that stood up. I'm a manual worker so it's often noise so never heard him creep up. It was only when I stopped and looked round the doll was there staring at me.
This happened many times until I burnt it.
That experience never helped lol

The sound of knocking, and not just because I'm anti-social and dont want visitors! :P

Its just so omnious, and I guess its also knowing someones there but not knowing who they are.

I'm so glad that most people my age just text 'I'm here' rather than knock on the door. If someone knocks on my window (I'm ground floor) I'm in very real danger of peeing myself, I get that scared! ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

Scalable heights ( did a skydive and was fine. Go up an escalator in a shopping centre and I'm holding on for dear life!)

Not a fan of spiders

Fear of rejection

Fear of being alone (relationship wise).

The last two don't work so well together!

I have an immense fear of spiders, sometimes I think it's a bit too extreme! Where we live now we can get very chunky big spiders which reduce me to tears and I genuinely feel like my life is at risk if I'm in the same room as one. The smaller ones are enough to make me leave the room as well, even if it means waiting in a different room for hours until my partner gets home so he can get rid of it. I can't even look at a photo of a spider or watch them on the TV without feeling panicky.

My fear of spiders has given me lots of secondary fears based on places I've seen them/places they're likely to be, so I'm now afraid of the cupboard under the stairs, sheds, any building that looks old/worn, open windows (yes, in summer I refuse to open the windows), etc. I'm starting to feel anxious now as the spiders are beginning to emerge again around here, and this spring I'll have a newborn baby, so I won't be able to scream and run away or banish myself to another room, as I'll have him to care for. I honestly don't know how I'm going to cope! I will have to open the windows to stop him from overheating as well. :/

Other than that, I have a phobia of loved ones dying or getting hurt. My partner does a lot of driving for work, especially on motorways, so I'm always terrified that he will get in an accident. I'm always telling him to drive carefully, but I think I'm more worried about other drivers than him.

I've probably made myself sound like a right nutter now!