Get it off ! Support thread V2.0

I think there are a few of us here that appreciate a little support in our weight loss journey I think it only right we have a shiny new thread. I have been making a bit more effort over the past couple of weeks to lose a bit of timber. I am not ashamed of my weight or my body but unless I make a change I will end end up rather large. I started a few months ago at nearly 17 stone. I am now down to almost 15 and a half stone. Not to shabby for someone with the will power of a toddler.

I am trying for a few more pounds before I go on holiday, only to put it all back on whilst I am there. Once I am back though I am going to nail this weight loss down.

So let's do it together if you want to lose a bit of weight of can offer positive advise and support I am sure people will appreciate it.

I'm loving the shiny new thread, and it's just in time for my attempted return to my diet.

OH and I saw the registra today and have set a date for our wedding, so now I NEED to get back to my weight loss. I want to be under 100 kg by my birthday (24September).

So weigh in tomorrow, and start a fresh on the weight loss.

My life is a bit hack tic and still very stressful, so I'm going to need some motivational help. It's going to be very difficult to get back to my diet.

Aww congratulations on setting the date. Is it before or after your birthday? The visit to the registrar made me laugh, asking me my wife's date of birth and all sorts of questions that I know but I was nervous (no idea why) so it looked like I really had to think about my answers.

Oh I think maybe we need a bit of a vote too on what day if any we want to do a thread weigh in? By all means we don't need to have one but if you do vote for a day... my vote would be for a Friday as I tend to have a little treat at the weekend if I have on.

JT2OU... This thread is very much for everyone... no permission required. It's the re-birth of a supportive/inclusive/body confident/non judgemental thread for all who want to participate. Participate a little/a lot/ not at all the decision is all yours.

I’m also keen to get involved please. My weight loss has levelled off and I need some motivation/inspiration to get going again! Congratulations on your wedding Louise!

Welcome to the forums Broom. I hope you find this thread useful. What sort of plan are you following (if any)?

Hi lovely lot. Ok so after a few up and down months I'm back on track with this healthy eating plan. Both me and hubby have started fresh today doing a Monday morning weigh in and took down measurements. From a month and half ago I'm 8lb lighter got down to 1st 3lb lighter but put a bit back on over our last 10 day holiday so hoping next Monday for a nice weight loss. I just want to feel healthy and be able to keep up with my 3 boys without feeling short of breath. Xx

Hey K&C, thanks for the welcome. I’ve been around a while but not overly active on the forum. I’m just counting calories with a target maximum on MyFitnessPal. It work last time a few years ago and I dropped 4.5 stones. I’m very active, I do triathlon and a lot of road cycling but have soooo little self control with food!

Yeah a shiny new thread. Def would like to be involved need to get back into it. WI for me is tomorrow so It will be my new start. I’ve messed about far too much for the last few months. Need to get a grip!

Welcome on board Tazzy! Well done for your weight loss!!! Holidays are there to be enjoyed so don't worry about a couple of pounds going back on. Hope you had a lovely holiday and it gave you a chance to relax.

Broom I am the same, my will power is that of a toddler left alone near a bowl full of sweets. I just can't help myself at times. I am not really following any particular plan. My wife is very very good at cooking SW meals so we have those and then other than that we just eat healthier (salads and what not).

Welcome to the thread F&F. Good luck for WI today.

Has anybody got any good tips to avoid constant evening snacking other than padlocking all the kitchen cupboards?

If I am feeling snacky in the evening and I am being good, I chop up some carrots into batons and I did them in low fat hummus.

Fun Louise I feel just like a crap friend here... I dont always read all the way back in some threads when I am less active and missed the annuncement of your marriage. Congrats.

My goal is to loose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving, I really think that is realistic and would help my clothes fit better.

Yesterday I was doing pretty good but did have a portion of cheetos.... ugh. Today I am going to stay away from chips!

Broom, I try to bring a hot tea or water upstairs and not enter the kitchen again to avoid snacking.

Thanks for the top tips both. High stress levels at work today, so currently drinking a lot of tea to try and avoid comfort eating! When is thanksgiving ? How much to you aim to loose per week?

US Thanksgiving is end of November. I try to lose 1 lb a week but know I will have set backs.

Hey guys I’m Brad I’m a Fullg Qualified Personal strainer and nutrition Coach. If you need any advice don’t hesitate to text me on 07756644438

Hey Bradley welcome to the thread. However you need to take down your mobile number as it breaks the forums rules.

Apologies for that I didn’t know I’m unsure how to remove it sorry could you help