Getting the spark/libido back?

@SteelA1
It sounds like neither or you are happy and there is no saving the relationship.
There must be a reason she feels this way, don’t you think it’s out of order that she doesn’t even care enough to talk to you.
Do you think she could be having a relationship with anyone else.
Don’t you think you could be and deserve to be happier if you were to leave that relationship.

Thankyou, all great suggestions.

We have done role-play before, but im more confident playing out the scenarios he likes rather than introducing my own, thats just a confidence thing really, in addition to a lot of the fantasies I have use toys, and hes not very comfortable with them. He has got more confident over time, so now we have a little finger vibrator that he puts on his finger so hes in control and it feels more like an extension of him rather than a ‘replacement’ as he sees toys. I would love to introduce more toys into the bedroom, he knows I have toys and is fine with me playing with them myself, he just isnt confident using them together which I respect, and like with the finger vibrator we take it at his pace - he wouldnt have gone near one when we first got together!

I would definitely like to do more ‘kinky’ type stuff, but again hes a bit more vanilla than me so its about easing into it. Ironically I was the virgin and hes the more experienced one, but I’m definitely the kinkier of us!

We dont really sext during the day as both working from home we see eachother all the time, regularly coming up/down stairs for snuggles which is lovely. My needs are 100% satisfied when we have sex, I don’t think we’ve ever had sex where he hasnt made me cum, generally multiple times so I know im very lucky in that department!

He would like to have sex more, but is very supportive of me being anxious or having a lower sex drive. He tries to reassure me as much as possible about it, but as is my nature and societal pressure I worry that im not ‘providing for his needs’ etc., which even though I know is BS it still hangs in the back of your mind.

I definitely agree about the more sex I have the more I want it - sometimes when we have sex we then end up having it twice in one day, but then when its been a week or more I just get in my head and get too anxious, at which point having a few g and ts is the best thing as it gets rid of my anxiety and helps me relax!

1 Like

I absolutely love a cwtch (Hello fellow Welshie! Nice to meet another on here), and he is a very affectionate and physical person which is lovely, coming up mid-work day to snuggle me or just hugging me from behind when im cooking etc. I do think we need to prioritise a date night every month, its so easy to miss it out when everything else is so crazy, but it does need to be more important in our lives. Thankyou that does reassure me, it ends up being really sporadic like not for nearly two weeks and then we have it and its so good we are both like ‘why dont we do this more often??’ and then have sex twice a day. Then a week goes by and i get too anxious so block all the horniness!

We havent had kids yet, but have just had some concerning fertility news that might mean we have to start sooner rather than later, and whilst the process of making babies will be very fun I think we will have to ‘stock up’ on sex for when the baby arrives haha

1 Like

I could have written this!! Husband is amazing and tries not to add any pressure at all. But it doesn’t stop me feeling like I’m not being enough for him. That’s something I have to get over in my own mind I guess.

I’ve tried to be open and as honest as I possibly can be about it. Talk and talk and talk. Its helping us get through it. He appreciates the effort and knowing where I’m at.

Once we get down to it, I love it and think God why did I wait so long. Its just switching my brain on to feel the desire I’m lacking at the moment. I researched alot and now trying a food supplement called Maca Root which I’m hoping will help!

Good luck. You aren’t alone in your situation. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that this will pass :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This is surprisingly quite a common thing to happen in long term relationships and one way to regain that spark again is to get them feelings of attraction you had when first met him… so my advice would be to try having date nights again say once a week where you both do your normal days work and stuff then get ready to go out for an evening and meet each other separately somewhere like a restaurant or pub or even cinema date! Then play it like your just discovering each other again with flirting and the whole stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes