Glass Toys

Is it just me or does anyone else have reserves about using glass toys?

im all for trying them but im scared that it might break or shatter!

im not a rough person but im just worried that in the heat of the moment me or my partner get a bit carried away!

I have a glass dildo that I use a lot. Its been dropped several times now and although obviously its important to check them over before each use for scratches, chips etc it's still in perfect condition. Thing is they're solid glass so they're very strong, a bad drop might break them but they're not going to snap or shatter during use unless you have superhuman pelvic floor muscles!

I also had my worries before I started using glass toys, but I'm fine with them now! I prefer flexible vibes personally, but a lot of people love the smooth and solid feel of glass, and it's also great for temperature play!

I have actually dropped a glass dildo down my stairs at home (in a carrier bag!) and it hasn't broken! Have never heard a story about a toy breaking during use, and generally find they're fine! You can use them as hard as you like- unless you have a vagina of steel and rock, you're not going to break one! If you think about the strength of your vaginal muscles realistically, it seems a silly thought that they could smash glass!

yeah i suppose it does sound silly saying it now haha!

i dunno theres just something about it that unerves me :/

i mean what next

wooden ones?

Well, considering how soft and spongy a penis is, and it survives the vagina and anus fairly well, i'd say you'd be hard pressed to be able to damage a glass toy inside you. Course you want to be carefull with dropping them and such, but if you could shatter glass with your pelvic floor, chances are you'd have probablly shattered your pelvis by now. =)

There are actually wooden dildos about. There used to be a range of Nobessence toys on LH but they got discontinued. They are carved and smoothed out of different typs of wood and given a special coating that makes them waterproof and non-porous. Probably good in that they wouldn't feel as cold as straight up glass or metal but are still firm.

Oh, a good point to be made though. While you might not be able to damage a solid glass toy inside you, there is a chance that you can be a little too rough and damage yourself. Just be carefull and take it slow. It's not like a jelly toy that'll forgive you for being heavy handed. That can be the pleasure of them though. G-spots and Prostates are pretty happy with a bit of pressure. =)

Edit: I just remembered I could edit. Sorry for the double post!

Beryl1986 wrote:

i mean what next

wooden ones?

Already done!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14640

LH used to sell a good few.

Beryl1986 wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else have reserves about using glass toys?

im all for trying them but im scared that it might break or shatter!

im not a rough person but im just worried that in the heat of the moment me or my partner get a bit carried away!

Glass toys are very strong, they are made from Borosilicate which you will also find other items being made from this glass; such as medical, lab work, and even pyrex. occasionally you will find cracks in these common items but it is rare, I know for example my mum has pyrex dishes that are over 30years old. Borosilicate is defined as a hard glass rather than soft glass, this is because it can withstand high and low temps easily, though it's still advised to cool or heat the glass slowly. Also due to the glass being able to withstand higher heats it is perfect for lampwork, which is were you mix colours and patterns into the glass, producing those pretty patterned toys.

Like other's I have also dropped my glass toys on hard surfaces, such as tile flooring.

Like Pixieking stated, the toys are unlikely to break you just have to be careful by not getting carried away with how much presure you put on your genitals to avoid damage. Though saying that I personally haven't experiences any dmaage from a glass toy before but have with softer toys. Glass is a smoother material than silicone or plastics and will glide smoothly and not cause too much friction compared to a plastic toy.

I have loads of glass toys and have never had any problems at all. They're extremely hygienic and provide a range of unique penetrative sensations. As The Nymphomaniac above says, they are made from special glass at very high temperature, so it's almost indestructable. Of course it's worth looking after them anyway, and check for cracks or chips just in case. So if you're curious about trying glass, rest assured, check out the reviews and treat yourself to something new. With a little care and common sense, a glass toy will easily last you a lifetime.

All in all I can't recommend glass too highly, it's cool, hard, smooth and feels heavenly. My partner and I use glass regularly and extensively, we both absolutely love it!

oooh i think i may have posted this with my eyes shut to the world! i think i should invest in a glass one now ahahah

i was just a little cautious about them but theres so many good posts above that it sounds like a good idea now lol

thanks guys!

I have a couple of glass toys and love them, they are nice warm or cold.

I would highly recommend them as previous posters have said they are lovely toys

Was more or less going to say what The Nymphomaniac said. They're not made of the same kind of glass a drinking glass would be made of, for example. I've lost count of the times I've dropped my glass dildo and there's still not a scratch on it. I imagine you'd have to launch it with quite some force against a very unforgiving surface before it'd shatter, so I think it's safe to say that it's nigh on impossible to break in the course of normal play.