Glass toys

So, I've noticed some glass toys on here and wondered if they're any good? Always used the basic ones so haven't tried glass or steel yet and a bit intrigued about how they differ, whether it's worth spending money on them etc!

Thanks x

Hello Vampyhooch, I have posted reviews on glass toys and have to say that once tried you may never go back to silicon or plastic dildos again.
You can read my reviews on my profile page.

Bennyboy69

We wondered this too. Then a month or so ago thought we would give it a go... we now own 4 glass dildos and a steel and i have to say that the difference you feel in terms of firmness, temperature and weight is something special. I would highly recommend trying it.

On another note they are super easy to clean and can be used with any lube. Silicone you are a little restricted. We still love our silicone toys though.

Yes! Glass is the best. One of our favourite materials. Steel is good too.

As to how they differ, they are obviously much firmer than other dildo materials and have no give to them which can make them great for targeting areas like the g-spot. They also have more weight to them than the softer materials and you can cool them down or warm them up to change the sensations felt during use.

You can also use them with any type of lubricant - including silicone based which makes them great for use in the bath or shower as the lube won’t dissolve like a water based option would.

One of the most highly recommended options for beginners is this set from Tracey Cox. There are two dildos included that are both double ended so ultimately you’re receiving four dildos for the price which is a pretty good deal. We still use ours now three years later :)

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17187

As everyone has already kind of filled you in with plenty of information, there’s not much left to say. But they have a great feeling to them compared to other toys as they don’t tend to have any friction, they glide super easy and feel “heavy” which adds to the sensation.
They are also far more hygienic and last a lot longer as they don’t discolour and they are super easy to clean.

Glass also has a great feature with temperature play and can hold heat for quite a while, they tend to get warm during use which feels great, the only downside is it’s rare to find one with a suction base, but they are beautiful and worth the money if your looking at buying something new. X

Fab, thanks guys for your input.

Has anyone tried the motorhead ones? I know they're on offer at the moment so even better ;)

I have yes, not our favourite anymore though. Its the one we started off with.

You can read my review here
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35071&reviewid=225475#customer_reviews

Now i gave it 5 stars but after moving on to the LH beaded dildo i would probably knock it down a star. It's nice but the size is a little small. It's a great introduction though to the weight, temperature play and the tactil nature of glass so i would recommend it as a starter toy.

I'll add a +1 for the beaded glass dildo.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30946

And, even though it's smaller and lighter, the texture on this one makes it a damn good second.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29223

My wife didn't really care for dildos, but these two have completely changed her mind.

The Nubby one is nice justthe2ofus but it is the lightest one of all the glass dildos we have used. Where it comes into its own is with slow thrusting as the nubby parts really are noticable. With it being straight it's also perfect for use with a clit stimulator.

I think i may be a little sad as i weighed them all when i was reviewing my steel dildo. The nubby was 200g and the beaded glass dildo is 360g. Quick and fast beaded wins hands down. The nubby is one for teasing and drawing it out (for us anyway)

K&c30's wrote:

The Nubby one is nice justthe2ofus but it is the lightest one of all the glass dildos we have used. Where it comes into its own is with slow thrusting as the nubby parts really are noticable. With it being straight it's also perfect for use with a clit stimulator.

And don't forget the rotating/twirling. 🙂

Thanks for the input everyone, just a quick question. How would you usually warm these?

Bowl of warm water or run under the warm tap. No microwaves as those can cause heat spots which are not pleasant!

Fab, thanks NatandTom x

I have a big beer stein that i put warm water in to heat them up and freezer for a quick chill if i forget to out them in the bridge.

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Ian chimp,
Ooooh really ? See I need to have it now don’t I? 😂 I’m gonna add it to my list, and get it on pay day x

Just to clarify so you don't get your hopes up over a badly worded description, when I say rotating/twirling I do mean on its axis, not spinning it round like a baton twirler in a marching band. 🙂

Slowly stroke it in and out, and add a little twizzling spin when you want to mix it up a bit. Coupled with a mini-magic wand for a bit of clit action and Mrs Chimp goes bananas.

K&c30's wrote:

I have a big beer stein that i put warm water in to heat them up and freezer for a quick chill if i forget to out them in the bridge.

Please remember to always use a freezer bag if you pop them in the freezer. You can get freezer burn if not and that's really not where you want freezer burn! Another way to keep it cool till you need it is a bowl of water with ice cubes. This is great for if you have your partner tied up and blindfolded and teasing them without them knowing what's coming next and not having to run off to another room mid session :) Same with a jug of warm water if you prefer it warm.

Oh yes.. i agree sorry i should of been a bit more specific there. If it goes in the freezer its only for 10-15 minutes. I wouldn't want it freezing cold, and it's only done if i forget to put it in the fridge.

Ice cubes in a jug isn't always possible as the ice cube tray gets raided by the kids and never gets re-filled unless i plan ahead. If i am planning ahead then the fridge is used.

No need to apologise, I try to always make sure that anyone who mentions putting glass or metal in the freezer knows not to put it in without putting it in a bag first.
Not just for your sake but for anyone else that might be reading it that's new to glass and metal and think 'ooh that's a good idea' and not know about the freezer burn possibility.
Personally I always use the freezer as I like mine really cold. The bag also helps keep them clean in the freezer too.

PT x

Vampyhooch wrote:

Fab, thanks guys for your input.

Has anyone tried the motorhead ones? I know they're on offer at the moment so even better ;)

I absolutely LOVE this one (for vag use) altho I didn't buy it for the intended purposes.... I collect rock memorabilia - and Motorhead being one of my all time fav bands Ijust had to buy didn't I? Anyways... decided it would be rude not to give it a try - in memory of Lemmy and Phil, of course!! And it's become a bit of a fav, I love the shape and smooth feel.... but I still keep it polished on display on my dressing table (with all my other rock memorabilia which contains quite a few other rock type dildo's!) ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)