Great British bake off?

Hey guys

Just wondered if it's just me and Captain that are into great British bake off?

What do you think of channel 4s interpretation?

Do you have a favourite?

What about the new presenters?

I actually really enjoyed it this week. I didn't think it was much different to when it was on BBC just woth adverts. I am backing Sophie simply because she is from the tiny village that I grew up in (that no one ever seems to have heard of). I absolutely love Noel Fielding. Sandy I can take or leave which is better than not being able to stand her 😁

Watched it this evening with my daughter. Had been a little sceptical, but loved it, in some ways more!

As much as I love Sue Perkins (with Giles Coren in Supersizers eat...), the whole Mel & Sue on GBBO was so heavily scripted they did my head in. Noel is better by miles. Pru is actually so far so good for me.

Loved the Swiss Roll challenge. We'll go to hell I'm sure but we watch it for the disasters, burnt & dropped cakes especially XD

I have recorded not watch it yet, so disappointed that Paul Hollywood is still there thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ (find it pretty arrogant BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION DON'T GO ALL MAD ON ME PLEASEπŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) looking for watching it though, is it really different from the bbc setting then?

I only got into it because of the whole "freezergate" that happened a couple of seasons ago. I thought Noel was as funny as ever and he's so quick woth his responses. Some of the show stoppers were beautiful.

Sex Squid wrote:

Watched it this evening with my daughter. Had been a little sceptical, but loved it, in some ways more!

As much as I love Sue Perkins (with Giles Coren in Supersizers eat...), the whole Mel & Sue on GBBO was so heavily scripted they did my head in. Noel is better by miles. Pru is actually so far so good for me.

Loved the Swiss Roll challenge. We'll go to hell I'm sure but we watch it for the disasters, burnt & dropped cakes especially XD

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yep hell is this way ➑️ i cook and bake for a living so i cry when this happens 😭😭😭to these poor people πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ShyAndChatty wrote:

I have recorded not watch it yet, so disappointed that Paul Hollywood is still there thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ (find it pretty arrogant BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION DON'T GO ALL MAD ON ME PLEASEπŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) looking for watching it though, is it really different from the bbc setting then?

You must have notices by now we're too nice to get uptight about someones own opinion 😘 It was pretty much exactly the same they had the same set and was pitched in the same setting. It was a weekend that had the signature and technical on day one and the show stopper on day two

Yes, loved it actually.. Think it needed a revamp.

The show stoppers were so advanced!! That pancake cake... Amazing!!

Extra slice tomorrow which is ace too πŸ™Œ

I was a bit wary to begin with. I wasn't expecting too much so was pleasantly surprised. I was worried that Noel would be a bit too OTT (I love Noel but I didn't think his comedy would make a good fit) but he rocked it! Him and Sandy seem a bit Mel and Sue like but I think that will change once they get into the swing of things.

One thing that made me laugh was the beginning. They still have the raspberry MARY BERRY cake as the final shot. It is a bloomin' delicious cake though.

I love love love Noel! I wasn't sure he be a good fit initially as he's a little "out there" but he seems to be doing great.

NatandTom wrote:

I love love love Noel! I wasn't sure he be a good fit initially as he's a little "out there" but he seems to be doing great.

This ! I dont really watch much TV but always watch the bake off. I liked it.....the show stoppers were amazing ! xx

We love Bake Off too! The only annoying thing is that they've added an extra 15 minutes to compensate for the ad breaks - it meant we missed the first 15 mins of another program ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

In future we'll record Bake Off to watch later then we can fast forward through the adds to make the program 60 minutes again!!

Always feel for them when things go wrong - couldn't believe that lady forgot to switch on the oven ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

The screw ups are what make the show! πŸ˜‚

Does anyone else remember first episode of series 3 when the guy added a tonne of salt instead of sugar and Paul spat it out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Watching caramel week just now on catch-up 😊

The oh and I are loving it πŸŽ‚ We loved the bbc shows and c4 havent changed much, just the adverts 😑

Well my better half and i have been won round.
Noel came into his own last week.
Sandy is always good value.
I feel Pru is under used but i always loved her on 'british menu'.
Paul is Paul.
We are defo in for the long haul and just about to watch the one we have recorded.
So far...so good.
The king is dead. Long live the king!
(Mrs Allen misses Mary though)

Paul eating all that caramel made me weak at the knees. Love a man that can eat! I don't like caramel though 😱

I didnt want to like this series after the switch to ch4, but it's growning on me. It always takes a couple of weeks to get used to the new contestants anyway and I'm getting there. Only problem is ch4 on demand. We watch on catch up because of clashes on a Tuesday. Biscuit week it cut out half the final judging and skipped to an extra ad break then straight to results and you cant skip the ads 😠

Favourite??? Steven...WOOF....he can ice my buns any day!😈

Oh I've been looking for this thread!!! I love caramel but we did have to go and buy some stoopwaffles. You can't beat a good millionaire shortbread and the showstoppers were amazing as always. I always find bread week a bit boring though.