Great North Run Knickers

Is this weird I would love to get Jo Pavey's knickers after she has completed the Great North Run!?!

As someone who runs every day and does a few long distant runs every two weeks, I wouldn't really want anyone having my underwear. Even though I wear sports underwear or sports clothing with built in underwear, it still get pretty rank after a run. TBH after running 13.1 or 26.2 miles I almost considered replacing the clothing, but that would be too much money for me. So it goes into the wash asap. I don't really see why it would be nice, my OH doesn't seem to like my body smell after a long distant run, and if I don't wash striaght away you get a dried salt texture on your skin and clothing. I think shorter distances, the smell wouldn't be so bad, maybe even nice.

I should be running 13.1 mile today but in two runs, so will end up changing my running clothing twice and washing twice. But one 5mile run and one 8mile run doesn't often make my body dripping with sweat like a full 13.1 or 26.2... tend to find that around 18-22 miles is when my body really starts to show it's getting tired and sweating loads.

Ok so I am a little weird then!?!

When it comes to turn ons, I wouldn't specifically say this one is weird (I like the smell of my girlfriend after she's been busy at work etc, she smells more like 'her'), but I think maybe this extreme is definately individual.

Either that or you're not a long distance runner and just underestimated how bad it would be? Maybe it's the idea of it more than the actual thing?

KinkyKev wrote:

Ok so I am a little weird then!?!

You're not weird. TBH I've been asked before, but always turned it down. Though running shorts can cost a lot, not like the normal underwear some girls may give someone.

IYes after a light/ medium work out I doubt it would be as bad. But after 26.2miles I can actually squeeze the sweat out of my clothing and avoid sitting on fabric stuff unless it's a sports towel as it will become smelly and soaked... stale sweat doesn't smell so nice and is hard to get rid of.