Grooming tips for prostate play?

I’m newer to prostate play and have only done solo stuff a few times, but my wife has expressed support for playing with me, which is great. However, as a fairly hirsute guy I feel a little self conscious about myself and want to “tidy up” down there before doing anything like that together.

So, any tips and tricks for grooming down there? I just want to feel a little more confident and sexy during such a (to me) vulnerable situation.

2 Likes

We get genital grooming topics quite often on here, so if you search there’ll be quite a bit of info and other stuff.

Since i actually looked something similar up the other day, off the top of my head i think the suggestions for doing round your bum where waxing/sugaring or shaving very regularly
Also avoid using hair removal creams. Lots of bad experiences on here with those.

I know some people trim their nethers (lovehoney even sell a trimmer) instead of shave, but im not sure if that works for between your cheeks due to friction
Epilators and laser hair removal tools where also mentioned.

2 Likes

Ah, I hadn’t found anything but perhaps I hadn’t looked hard enough :male_detective:

Thanks for the tips. Thus far I’ve only used a razor, but was hoping to learn of other methods/tools to get the job done easily and safely. Not too keen in the idea of waxing, especially since I’d prefer something I could do on my own and I’m probably not flexible enough to do that area by myself :laughing: , but might be worth a try.

Hi, I’ve found the thread that I think @Green_Eyed_Girl was thinking of, it’s here. It’s about bum hair removal for women but obviously men have bum hair too!! There’s lots of talk about waxing but someone suggests an eyebrow trimmer or nose hair trimmer which seems a sensible and safe option.

Don’t feel embarrassed about your hair though, I’m sure your wife isn’t expecting you to remove it all for her before play time. By all means get rid of it if it makes you more comfortable and confident but don’t feel like there’s anything wrong with keeping it either!

2 Likes

There is a search bar up the top. If you stick in something like “bum hair removal” you will definetly get some stuff

@Kitty-Cat01 yes, i think that was the one.

One pf the nice suggestions in there was shaving each other (ending in oral optional). Seemed like a nice thing to do with a partner

1 Like

A good question, understand where you’re coming from entirely.
I’ve started solo experimentation around prostate, and would love my OH to be keen to explore with me. At moment she’s not so comfy with the idea, and that’s OK, one mans meat and all that.
However, if she were to express an interest, being quite hairy myself, it is the butt hair that would make me feel more self conscious around it. The funny thing is I dislike my body hair, but the OH loves it (whether it’s beard or chest hair, the more the better for her!).
I do draw the line (not literally) at the lower regions though, balls clean shaven, pubes kept in check and trimmed back, as I think it is only a matter of courtesy. Again, the OH is happy for it to turn into the really wild show. Funny how we see things differently, and that even though I know the OH wants more my inner critic jumps all over me if I don’t do maintenance to a reasonable standard.
Anyway, apols as I have no advice around what you’re actually asking, if anything similar interest in terms of how the butt maintenance is bet done, but relate entirely to wanting to feel that little more ‘prepared’ and ‘presentable’ with your upcoming adventures.

As I think about it more, I think the route (if I’m lucky enough to be given the chance) I would take is accept the vulnerable feeling by leaving it, just making sure sparkly clean, and then take action if required from the experience. That’s just me thinking out loud of course and reality may be different.

Anyway, whatever grooming route you take, wish you all the best of luck with your prostate adventures, and hope you both have a great time exploring!!

1 Like

For me I use an electronic shaver/body groomer that has a safe guard on to avoid any nasty accidents. For my testicles area I use a normal wet shave in the shower with lots of shave gel or body wash.

1 Like

It sounds like we have a very similar mindset on this! My wife also loves my chest hair, but I also do my best to keep things trimmed down south; not completely bald as I think it would look out of place with the rest of me, but definitely very short.

After some fun with the new dildo last night, my wife asked me if I wanted to try using it. I said yes, eventually, as long as she was also into it and she said that she did like the idea of shifting that dynamic around, but that she also understood that it takes “more preparation” for us to engage in that sort of thing.

She’s a great gal, so I don’t think she would be turned off by the appearance of things, but she also understands the need to feel like you look good (part of the reason we have so much lingerie now, it helps her get into the mood). So maybe I’ll be brave too and not worry too much, but odds are I’ll attempt some trimming with a razor at the very least.

Good luck to you as well, and thanks for making me not feel so alone or neurotic on this topic.

I use an electric for the major areas around the front/top, and a regular razor for the testicles. Do you use the electric for the backside as well? I’ve used a regular razor once down there and it worked out well, but I was wondering if there was an easier/faster/safer way. Sounds like waxing is an option but I’m honestly not too keen on the idea. I once waxed my chest for an old ex and that was not entirely pleasant.

1 Like

Wax. I’m going to get mine done again because nothing compares to it to be honest.

I use a shaver but caught the skin on my testies a few times and I’d rather go through the short time of wax pain than that again

2 Likes

Do you go see someone or do you use a home kit?

I went to a place in Glasgow to get it done.

There will be places that do intimate male waxing in your nearest “city” or hope you’ve a friend who can do it on females and ask them nicely lol

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’m slowly coming around to the idea of trying a wax or sugar at home. I live near a large U.S. city, so I don’t think I’d have trouble finding a place to get it done, so maybe I’ll give that a shot some day.

Yep I use an electric for backside too as is much safer from getting and nicks plus the regrow is more comfortable than if you wax or razor shave.

I’ve tried waxing on many occasions but every time find I get spots and ingrown hairs so defo not a good option for me to use.

1 Like

I’m a girl, and I get Brazilian waxes, but I’d recommend waxing for men too! Most body waxing salons offer services for men, and the person waxing you is aware that you probably feel awkward, but they’re professionals! It might hurt the first time, but then you get used to the way it feels, and it’s def worth it! Every time I’ve ever shaved my pubic hairs or the hairs in my crack, I’ve gotten ingrown hairs or gotten really itchy irritated skin after a day or two. My husband is currently building up the courage to get a Brazilian wax to clean up his crack and balls (leaving the hair above his penis). I really want to suck on his balls, but the hair in my mouth is a turnoff for me. Until then, he uses a mirror and scissors to trim and keep the hairs relatively short. :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I often shave most of my underside but I use a product called magic shave powder somewhat often . It is a powder that you mix up and apply and wait 8 minutes before removing . They suggest using a credit card to scrape off the cream and finish up with a wet wash cloth . For me the shave powder mix never gives me any ingrown hairs but shaving that is very common for me . When my wife was active in sex we did in home sugar waxing that is my favorite method . May you have smooth sexy results !

1 Like

Thanks, everyone, for the tips and suggestions! For now using a regular old disposable razor for the crotch area seems to work well, and I will work up the courage for a wax or sugar on the backside by a pro someday. It’s great to be part of such an awesome community, thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @ScorpioDaddy, didn’t get a notification re your reply!
Yeah sounds very similar mindset, and yes I find getting that balance tough at times of ‘feeling the part’ and taking the other half’s preference to account too.
Hopefully with time my OH might find some interest helping me explore this area a little more, never as much fun when flying solo as they say but needs must and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like

My partner loves her man to be smooth. I shaved for about 10 years. It was great for the first couple of days, then the stubble came through and sometimes itching, so I ended up shaving most days. Hey my partner was always delighted. Then I came across sugaring and I tried that a few times, it was messy, but it lasted about 3 weeks.

Then for my 50th birthday my partner treated us to a home wax kit. With lockdown she couldn’t get to the salon. We bought the Mylee hard wax kit and it has been amazing. The results last about 4 weeks. It is not at all messy. Ok it hurts a bit, but each time you wax the hairs get weaker and finer, to the regrown hair is much softer with weaker roots. In fact so e hair just stops growing altogether.

Shaving makes hair tougher, waxing removes it for longer and with time you wax less often. Also waxing each other is amazing foreplay. We have some of our best sex and most intense orgasms on wax night.

My other half has now decided that prefers me smooth chested too. So now its sack, back, chest and crack. Much better than shaving. Much more hygienic too. One year on…no regrets. Oh and check out the Lelo Hugo, it is my favourite prostate massager!,

2 Likes

@Mr_Kink1 ah, that is my bad for not tagging you. We are getting a harness delivered today, and while I don’t think that I’m quite up for actual pegging quite yet, having her wear it while we do other stuff might be a nice way to dip our toes in the water.