Handwashing undies

Does anybody actually handwash their bras and knickers? It never even occurred to me to check the label of my Flirty Knickers - when I remember I put them in a laundry bag (I see the sense of a laundry bag for lacy items - I don't see the sense of handwashing a nylon/spandes product. I only handwash animal fibres that would felt in the washing mashine.), but they've also survived a wash without. What's your policy?

If it's made of aything delicate like lace has wires or lots of metal i hand wash i don't want to ruin the garment or my washing machine

Yeah I hand-wash the lovehoney underwear as I've had quite a few with frayed elastic bits in them when they've gone in a normal wash by accident

We hand wash all lovehoney lingerie. Tho did put the captive me bodysuit in the machine by accident. Luckily tho it washed fine and caused no damage.

I never handwash anything, mainly because I'm lazy haha! I just pop bras inside a pillowcase and make sure I wash any delicates on a cooler wash. So far the only problems I've ever really encountered is when delicates have accidentally gone into the tumble dryer oops!

I don't handwash anything, put them in one of those net bags and put them in the wash, and never tumble any of it :)

I use the hand wash, lingerie or delicates programs on my machine. It's what they're there for, after all :)

I can't hand wash due to the skin on my hands being cracked and bleeding enough as it is. My flirty kickers (and all other lingerie) handle machine washing fine and have done for months. I would say I just got lucky though rather than advise you do the same!

I do... Especially if it's a delicate piece x

I hand wash all my lingerie, and Mistress Wifes, but that's because I want to, and she expects it.

![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

I'm lazy so nothing gets hand washed. I don't even put things in a bag, I just throw them in with everything else ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) I've only had one thing get mangled (a bra) in all the years I've been doing it so I'm not too concerned.

I hand wash all mine, would hate for my delicate smalls to get ruined. Better to be safe than sorry, I always say.

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

Tutorial on how to handwash your delicates here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/buyers-guide/lingerie-care-guide/ Might be helpful!

oooo never seen that before, thanks for posting the link!

Neither had I, but now that I've read it (thanks, Nicole, for posting the link), I have an issue with it: Lace is not a material, lace is "yarn around holes". The yarn can be made from wool, silk, linen, cotton, nylon, polyester etc. - and that will influence how the item can be washed.

I like the tip with the salad spinner, however! Once upon a time there also were laundry spinners, but I guess hardly anybody has them anymore.

But I figure I'll continue to put everything that is small enough in my washing machine, which so far hasn't ever destroyed anything. And I don't own a tumble dryer anyway...

An interesting observation while I was looking through the sales offers in a French shop: Aubade actually had pretty big (cardboard) labels on their lace bras "Do not handwash! Machine wash at 30° only!" Now I'd really like to know why, but I was unable to find an explanation on their website.

After all, I know I'm doing it wrong when I handwash as hot as the water comes from the tap (60 °) - "handwash only" implies 30° max.

So far none of my lingerie purchases have suffered in the washing machine, btw, though I did recognize that the Adore Me basque wouldn't fit and likely be damaged (so I did wash it by hand - I'm lazy, not stupid). And the Spoil Me babydoll got washed on its own in the sink after dyeing my sheets - I didn't want to risk it imparting a pink tinge to the rest of my laundry...

My silks are hand washed,

I'm like you Friday13, I just throw the knickers in my washer. It seems to work alright :)

I only hand wash my bras because they're underwired,all other delicates get put into an old pillowcase and popped in the washing machine and I've never had any problems.

I hand wash all my lingerie ^_^ I care far too much about them than I should other things heh

I have a lingerie load in the machine as we speak, all set for a hand wash setting!

When reviewing lingerie, I follow the instructions (usually handwash) on the label to be sure. In general, I handwash a few particularly delicate/expensive things because I'd be heartbroken if they were mangled. Easily replaceable panties, stockngs etc, I'm happy to wash in the machine on a delicates cycle.