Happy St Georges Day!

Be British, Be proud, it's St Georges day! Raise a glass & salute our Patron Saint, Lets Get Gordon to make a Bank Holiday, we need a ray of sunshine in these dark days. Just think of all the extra sexy fun you could get upto with an extra days holiday!

A damn good night out with the missus is planned so hopefully it'll be a bit rude later. We'll have to try and come up with a new move & call it the St George or Dragon slayer... any ideas?

The very best of British to you all!

Ahem...St. George is the English patron saint. But I will join you if you do likewise Mucky Duck on St. Andrew's Day in November.

Agreed! Proudly wearing the red and white this morning!

Happy St George's day (maybe a name for the baby if I can talk hubby into it) Hope you all enjoy it...have a drink for me!

xxx

sexymel88 wrote:

(maybe a name for the baby if I can talk hubby into it)

George is a lovely name. My youngest brother is called George and when he was born (1974), we all thought it was an old-fashioned/ old man's name to give a baby (he was named after our very dear grand uncle, who was like a grandad to us). But he has grown into it and it is a very noble name that he carries with pride. It means "farmer" (or one who works on the land), for anyone who doesn't know.

Happy St. George's day!

When are they going to give us a national holiday like the other coutries in the U.K. ?!

x

Im more of a St Andrews day gal myself (being Scottish and all).

But I will be celebrating today though as its my 1st wedding anniversary :)

Happy St Georges Day .

Every year there is talk of a BH ...but it never happens.

He's not even a saint is he! One of the popes decided there wasn't enough info on him that was reliable so the poor bloke got 'demoted'. If the catholic church is willing to believe that "a-rib women was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree" then a dragon slaying knight isn't too unbelievable is it? I say we bring him back!

More trivia! Some scholers now actually believe that the translation of rib in the bible, which eve was supposedly made from , is incorrect. They believe it may refer to the baculum, the penis bone, that is in many animals except humans. It would make more sense as women and men share the same number of ribs!