Have your married children ever ask you to teach them Sex?

Few evenings ago I overheard my elder son seeking advice from his dad. They discussed about his pre-ejaculation and about his wife high sex drive.

Questions :

1) will you welcome such discussion?

2) will you also include sex-toys into the discussion?

3) will you tell them about your experiences with your spouse?

I think asking about sex is perfectly fine, sons tend to ask their dads and daughters tend to ask their mothers. But I personally wouldnโ€™t bring my own sexual experiences into the discussion though as itโ€™s your experience and should remain that, your own. I have younger cousins who are married and if they asked me anything, I would answer but discussing my sex life with my partner would be off the table. I donโ€™t have kids but from my experience as a teen and a young adult asking advice from parents is fine, but obviously this is also down to the parent too and how open they are in discussing it. As far as sex toys, this is something people tend to work out on their own anyway and plus toys are a preference, not a requirement to a good and healthy sex life.

Depends on what age they are. I'd be an advocate for safe sex and tell them how be sensible and healthy about it. If I ever had kids, I'd want them to be responsible and positive minded towards sex and have a healthy attitude towards their preferred gender for sex, but I'm absolutely not going down the routes of point 2 and 3 explaining toys and my own experiences.

The only advice I have ever given to either of my sons was to move the bed further away from the wall as the headboard was keeping my wife and me awake.

On a serious note, they have never asked but if the ever did I would do my best to give honest advice without involving my own personal experiences.

MK7, OP said in title married children, so they are adults lol

EmmaC1989 wrote:

MK7, OP said in title married children, so they are adults lol

Whoops! Although I'd still not disclose my experiences to them.

My son is 7 years old, I've told him since I got access to him, he can tell or ask me anything at all, and I hope this sinks in when he gets old enough. I'm hoping when he's teens etc he'll ask about sex stuff, myself and my OH are ready to deal with it and help him so.

If they were adults I think I'd give them pretty much the same advice I give people on here.

Edit: And for any headboard banging I'd recommend a nice dense bit of foam slipped between it and the wall. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

If they were adults I think I'd give them pretty much the same advice I give people on here......

What will you give here?

I'll give you the truncated version. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'd reassure them that many people wish they could last longer in bed, and to make sure they had realistic expectations of how long they should be lasting. I'd mention that stress and psychology can often exacerbate the situation as well, so, as hard as it sounds, don't worry about it too much. I'd suggest using condoms as they can desensitise (thicker ones if you need it). More/regular sex also helps. Edging can also be useful (bring yourself almost to orgasm, then hands off for 30-60 seconds until you feel under control, then start again. Repeat for as long as you can). This can be done with just a hand and a stop watch, but you can also use lube and strokers to make it more challenging. Mix sex up a bit - use lots of foreplay beforehand, have a bit of PIV sex, but then stop and continue foreplay, before carrying on with more PIV. If it was more serious than that I'd suggest the delay sprays, creams, and extenders, etc (though results seem to be mixed). And if it was a significant problem I'd also recommend them going to see their GP and discussing it with them. ๐Ÿ‘

For the high sex drive I'd say that many couples have different libidos, and balancing how much sex is a nice amount of sex for both can be tricky. The best thing to do is have an open and honest conversation about it somewhere outside of the bedroom, when neither is either horny or stressed out. I'd also mention toys as a good way for the partner who wants more sex to deal with their urges.

I've tried to be brief to give a general idea, I'm sure I'd have more to say depending how the conversation went. ๐Ÿ™‚