Frustrated

Last night my and OH were going to have a night under the sheets and some fun, well with 4 kids aged from 13 down to 7 , we ended up doing nothing and now we very frustrated in the bedroom dept... Kids how great they are my god they can really effect the bedroom dept...so at the end nothing happened, any tips... Sleepless parent's..

I hear you on this my four are aged 11 down to 6

Which ones are the ones who seems to be stopping you guys from having fun ? X

Possibly not enough information as to what is the problem.If it is some thing like being insecure ,then something as simple as a bolt on the bedroom door can make a world of difference.

IMO pre-teens and teens are the worse as they literally don't live the house and can stay up until very late. Locking the bedrrom door just doesn't work for me, as if I'm not chilled or relaxed enough to enjoy some serious foreplay, the main thing is not as good as it'd be otherwise. Love mine to bits, but boy they can spoil our sex-life. The only way is make the most of the date nights, away from the troublemakers - lol!

You think it's bad when they're kids, just wait till you've got a 25 year old still living at home! That can really curb your sex life!

One thing I would say though is that as soon as our kids were of an age to understand then they knew they had to knock and wait for an answer rather than just barging in , although this doesn't help that much when you're in the middle of some fun and you hear a tap on the door and a liittle voice saying " I can't sleep" I think nearly all of us with kids have experienced this at some point and there's not an awful lot you can do about it apart from maybe making the most of grandparents taking them off your hands for the odd night if possible so you can relax.

Why not install a lock on the door, tell your kids that youd like some time together without interuptions, put one of the older ones in charge and then do what you want. IMO 7 years is old enough to understand how the birds and bees work.

Scatty1984 wrote:

Usually it's the 6 year old that will just wake up and just wander in to the room and say can I sleep with you... Then if it's not the little one , the older ones are like I can't sleep , he or she is annoying me . Re lock on door how much it's a good idea , think Mrs might be against it.. Think a night away is needed ...

Scatty1984 wrote:

Usually it's the 6 year old that will just wake up and just wander in to the room and say can I sleep with you... Then if it's not the little one , the older ones are like I can't sleep , he or she is annoying me . Re lock on door how much it's a good idea , think Mrs might be against it.. Think a night away is needed ...

Get a bolt on the inside on the door. This will ensure they cant wander in and will be forced to chap. Giving you guys some time to prepare before answering. Hopefully taking some anxiety away from both of you

hagions, I think we have all sufferred with this. You need to discuss this with your OH, a bolt or door stop is a good idea if it will help you both relax. I hadn't appreciated how inhibiting this was for my Wife and it's become a problem being intimate with each other and we are having to "work at" improving our love life now. We have 2 daughters aged 16 and 18 so our lives are likely to change a lot in the next 2 years with more privacy. We are both retired now so have started to "schedule" love making during the day when they are out at college and school; that's made a massive difference to my Wife's ability to relax. I know it's seems unromantic, but try to pre-arrange a time, regular or not, when the kids are all out. Grandparents can be very helpful here having the kids for a morning or afternoon or just 1 or 2 hours on a weekend or evening. Also things like cinema clubs still exist so again all the kids can be out at the same time. Sporting stuff, hobbies etc.. are all possibilities.

wildflower wrote:

You think it's bad when they're kids, just wait till you've got a 25 year old still living at home! That can really curb your sex life!

One thing I would say though is that as soon as our kids were of an age to understand then they knew they had to knock and wait for an answer rather than just barging in , although this doesn't help that much when you're in the middle of some fun and you hear a tap on the door and a liittle voice saying " I can't sleep" I think nearly all of us with kids have experienced this at some point and there's not an awful lot you can do about it apart from maybe making the most of grandparents taking them off your hands for the odd night if possible so you can relax.

Our son is nearly 30 and still living with us though not for too much longer (with a little luck) and I agree that really can put the brakes on the bedroom action.

It seems a common problem, think a door stop might be an option... Grandparents are an option but that might help the odd time... Hopefully an early night tonight might do the trick.. thx for all your imput

Three teenagers in our house, Sat and Sun mornings are pretty much it for sex and even then, it's quiet sex (no spanking 😭) and any moaning is muffled. We do get a bit of a reprieve for an hour on Wednesdays with sports that allows noisier, less inhibited sex, but it's tricky. Mrs Sen doesn't like advertising what's going on.

Do you have an ensuite shower? Mrs Sen always showers at night, so sometimes have snuck down to join her for a quicky, the sound of the fan going in the bathroom is enough to drown out any noises.

Failing that, we have a door stop that we put in front of our door sometimes, my eldest (16m) isn't stupid and knows what's happening but keeps it to himself at least.

Senator wrote:

Three teenagers in our house, Sat and Sun mornings are pretty much it for sex and even then, it's quiet sex (no spanking 😭) and any moaning is muffled. We do get a bit of a reprieve for an hour on Wednesdays with sports that allows noisier, less inhibited sex, but it's tricky. Mrs Sen doesn't like advertising what's going on.

Do you have an ensuite shower? Mrs Sen always showers at night, so sometimes have snuck down to join her for a quicky, the sound of the fan going in the bathroom is enough to drown out any noises.

Failing that, we have a door stop that we put in front of our door sometimes, my eldest (16m) isn't stupid and knows what's happening but keeps it to himself at least.

That's the hard part when you do get a bit of fun, it has to be all so quiet, stop start if u hear anything it's stop then it's on then off... In the morning then u wake up and all the kids have all got into the bed beside you and still u can't get any fun in... The joy's

Lucky the ones who have got grandparents around. We're from abroad so not chance of a proper break and all night just for us. It's got to be on when we've got the house for opurselves, but then when this happens most often we're so busy. Not easy...

We have had.a lot of interruptions lately so we have booked a hotel break - kinky sex at the ready!!!

Lu SB wrote:

Lucky the ones who have got grandparents around. We're from abroad so not chance of a proper break and all night just for us. It's got to be on when we've got the house for opurselves, but then when this happens most often we're so busy. Not easy...

Know the feeling ,

Lozz wrote:

We have had.a lot of interruptions lately so we have booked a hotel break - kinky sex at the ready!!!

Enjoy make the most of it

Hi we know how you feel. We either end up staying up till silly o'clock and make out down stairs or go to bed put the tv/radio on and barraked the door we have 4 children from 19 to 10

Yippee both of us are off tomorrow, no kids, free morning to do what we want...ah morning of fun and frolics