Having a Rough Week

Change always seems to worry us, especially big ones with dependencies involved.
Plenty of positives to take from it, a hefty severance buys you both time to step back, reflect and decide where to go next.
Of course, appreciate it may be a blow to morale, but if she’s been discontented for a while, it’s a huge positive that she’s being paid for the pleasure of leaving.
I’m a firm believer of doing the right thing means the right things happen in return, and sending positive vibes and prayers that all turns out exactly as it should do - and whatever that may be, hopefully it doesn’t come as too much of a surprise!

1 Like

Thank you all for the encouraging comments and sharing your own experiences with abrupt and unexpected life changes!

She’s fully riding the rollercoaster this week - sad, mad, glad, excited, rinse, repeat. The news in her office went down like a sack of bricks in the face (staff in hysterics, one of her direct reports ended up in the hospital for a panic attack and ulcers…) so they’ve asked her to finish out the week and coordinate a little more hand-off which she’s generously agreed to do. There’s obviously a lot of stuff going on and she cares more about the success of the organization and wider field than her pride. It also allows her to share a direct message to her entire network instead of a series of smaller outreaches.

It’s wacky and wild but we’ll find our way through. It’ll just take a minute.

Thanks again everyone.

5 Likes

You know what, if a boss can do that to your wife, she should hold her head high and strut on out of there. I’m a great believer in everything happens for a reason, even the bad things. Sometimes we don’t even know what the reason is till a few months down the line. There’s a song I love that mentions there ain’t no future in the past, the past ain’t going nowhere and the future ain’t going to wait. So don’t be afraid to help your wife burn her bridges and move on. Something will come up, in the mean time enjoy the extra time together as a couple :heart:

2 Likes