Help for a frustrated newbie?

I'm a young woman who is single, and always has been. Although I masturbate quite regularly, I've never experienced orgasm. Somehow I always seem to go numb or tire out before I get there. Sometimes I feel like it might be happening, but I get scared and feel like I need to stop.

Can anyone offer me some advice on this?

Hi welcome to the forum, there have been quite a few threads where this is discussed even if it wasnt in the thread title, do a forum search with female orgasm difficulty help and you will find a load of stuff.

As a guy I cant say much on the subject I think relaxation is important though

firstly do you own toys? if so what

there's things that can help make you more sensitive like orgasm balms which help increase blood flow to the clitoral area, todays deal of the day is a bullet and balm set so may be worth a look?

varying the patterns of stimulation may help stop you going numb, or even having little breaks or focusing on different places that feel pleasurable. Using vibrators through material like knickers can help make the vibrations slightly weaker and cover more of an area.

there is a mental aspect to orgasm too - this is often the hardest and last bit to fall into place. don't put too much pressure on yourself to orgasm - and try not to be afraid of whats happening. relaxation tends to be the key in this area.

I tend to use just my fingers on my breasts and outer genitals, because I'm a virgin and my vibrator's a bit intimidating. *blush* I do use lube when I get to the main event, as it were, but I often spend up to an an hour or so warming up to that point. It's enjoyable, of course, but not as satisfying as I feel it should be.

Personally, I find vibrations on my nipples help to get me a bit more warmed up if I'm not quite there yet. Also, I find clitoral orgasms far easier to achieve alone than g-spot orgasms - although that may be due to the fact I don't often get a lot of time to spend on myself and g-spot orgasms do take me a while. I use vibes only externally about 90% of the time and find internal vibrations to be too much sometimes (not always, I have really enjoyed them as well). I don't know what kind of vibe you have but perhaps one specifically designed for g-spot stimulation would be good - or go all out and get a rabbit? I have heard good things about both though am yet to try either. My favourite clitoral vibe is This one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16031

The bunny ears are great, especially with a very light touch, plus you can remove the bullet and use it without the sleeve if you like.

Also, if your vibe is a bit intimidating, perhaps look at a smaller one? x Good Luck!

are you in a secure place no problems of being overheard or someone walking in?

Sweetlove666, I own a Rabbit that I'm ashamed to say has never left its hutch, and a vibrating ring that's slightly too loud for comfort. I'll look into some of those enhancers, but I'm a bit afraid of becoming dependant on them.

Thanks, Naughtybutnice12, I'll be adding that to my Wishlist! I've never thought about using vibes on my nipples - I'll definitely give that a go. :)

Unfortunately not, gunther, but as my housemates are going away on holiday soon I'll have the perfect opportunity to try out some of these tips. At the moment it's a case of trying to work out when they'll be gone or waiting until they've gone to bed, which is a bit of a pain.

Make the most of having the house to yourself, I'm sure when you've achieved it once you'll find it much easier in future - you'll know what to look out for when you're getting close! Relaxation is a big part of it though, so try not to pressure yourself to get to that end goal.