Hi and low of male sex drive

I’m going through quite a big low at the moment. Feel like I’ve lost my sexual drive. I’m hoping it’s a phase as I’ve not had this before. I’ve started taking some supplements to help boost my t levels and I’ve been doing weights for a while (trying to shift the stubborn dad bod!!).
Possibly linked to this I find my refraction period has got longer between orgasms. Anyone else finding this when mood is low? If it keeps going then I’ll see if there’s something underlying that I’m missing.

@Southuk6 . Hi…I dont know what age you are, but what you are describing seems quite natural changes,with age…certainly keep at the exercises and weights… Get the feel good endorphins flowing.
Zinc suppliments are good for boosting your sexual metabolism.
I also find you can boost your sex drive with deliberately thinking in a sexual way.
Diet also can help , so eating healthily can boost your mood and help with the “Dad bod” .
Have a talk with your partner and explain your physical feeling…conversations on sex can often develop in to spontaneous sessions.
Massage is also great, so get your partner to strip off and get the oil out…im sure they will happily reciprocate and see where that leads.
Bottom line , keep sex in the front of your mind and dont worry too much.
If feeling out of kilter in any other way, definitely see the Doc.
Let us know how you get on.

I think it’s important to make the other person feel desired. To know you’re wanted is a huge turn on for me. My sexual urges peak and dip too (from a woman’s perspective) but like a relationship, you have to keep interest there.
If I’m overworked then my drive takes a nose dive

4 Likes

I don’t think you are alone in this, although the levels may vary from person to person.

For us (married copule - MF) it can often centre around opportunity. We have a teenager in the house and this can limit activity, particularly in terms of where and when in the house and for how long etc. For us, if we go about a week without sex, it can have the effect of increasing the sex drive. Though they have been times when we have both felt dips and highs, which are often linked to lifestyle at the time, with things like work, family issues, demands affecting libido.

We always talk about it and make sure that the other knows that is one feels in a bit of a dip.

Your question has got us thinking about opportunities for sex and we might post another question on the forum as a result.

2 Likes

@CuriousHubby …yes look forward to reading your post… as you say , having a grown up child in house, can hamper that spontaneous tear each others clothes off , or while she is loading the washing machine and you think, why not?:joy:. ( yes i have been guilty of that)
Letting each other know how much you desire them can certainly highten the sexual tension, which is never a bad thing.

2 Likes