High Street Store?

Can someone give me a quick explanation of what "high street store " means please? I am from across the pond and have a guess but want to know the real meaning given I have seen the term in several discussions now.

1 Like

We can’t name competitors on the LH forum. In the UK there are a number of physical shops that sell similar stuff to LH and one brand in particular that has shops in most cities. “High Street Store” just means a physical shop, traditionally, the “High Street” was where you’d find the shopping centre in towns.

1 Like

@be3169
I refer to high street store as we cannot say brands- big as said before it’s a high street lingerie chain - a bit tame compared to Lovehoney and generally more expensive

2 Likes

What was your guess @be3169 ?

@be3169 “High Street store” as in major retail chain/outlet/franchise found on the “High Street” (in the Commercial Quarter of ), or Shopping Malls/Outlets in cities and major towns…

Unfortunately you have to guess the name of the shop but normally means a well known shop that is founds on high streets within town/cities.

My interpretation, not hearing the term before, was a name brand that was on the upper end of the price scale. I wasn’t sure if “High Street” was like Beverly Hills in the US and simply referred to a region or local. Appreciate the replies. Not a term I was familiar with.

1 Like

That was a great description Peitho. Perfectly understood. Thank you.

1 Like

One more question on this… are “high streets” a shopping district or is it like me referring to Main Street in whatever local I am in? Every town has it’s own Main Street.

Yes, main street. In the uk the high street is probably the street with the most shops on and would have been the centre on the town many years ago.

Ok… one more. What are “hold ups”? Is that a bra or leg stockings? Something else? Going by the literal description, I would say they hold up the boobs OR you pull them up your legs and they stay put. Did I guess correctly either way?

Thanks to all for the high street store explanations. Never heard the term before and now makes sense for me in the various discussions.

Hi @be3169 Hold ups are stockings that stay up the legs without suspenders.
These are hold up’s, (https://Lovehoney Red Sheer Lace Top Hold-Ups)

Got it. Thank you. Partial to fish net myself but it still sounds like a bra to me.