Hit by a car

Terri, I really hope you have the drivers information. Even thought your OH may think he is just a little sore, after the adreneline wears off he may have a sore back or other injury from this. I am so sorry this happened! Sounds just awful and this driver is a total idiot who should be cited.

Oh no Terri, hope he is ok, and has no lasting long-term effects. Some people really ought to not be driving. Beeping someone doesn't mean you can run into them!

I wish your oh luck in his recovery.

I hope he will continue running at a later date.

That is terrible, people like that shouldn't have a license to drive grrrrrr.

It does make me angry, because it gives other carerful and considerate drivers a bad name. My oh rides a bike and has been hit before, the car didn't have lights on at night bloody stupid if you ask me.

Terri, I wish your OH a speedy recovery.

In my opinion the driver was clearly in the wrong and should be reported. Your husband could have been much more seriously injured.

Bit late now,but your OH should have involved police,the idiot was likely over the limit or on drugs,why else beep,then hit him? Hope he recovers fast.

That's terrible, I hope he recovers quickly with no lasting injuries xx

God, I'm so sorry Terri. I'm glad he's okay, but rotten luck. Sending hugs, here's to a fast recovery for him x

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery Terri, with no lasting damage. unfortunately many motorists don't like runners walkers cyclists mobility scooters mums with buggies on the roads the most annoyed drivers will honk their horn

He's ok thanks everyone - rather sore but the swelling is going down and he says it feels a little better today. He didn't get the guys number or licence plate so nothing can be done - I've have made damn sure I got it !!

Thanks so much for all your good wishes....and no, it hasn't put him off....he'll be back out there training as soon as he's able xx

Sorry to read about your oh . Sending very best wishes to you both ..........

A couple of years ago I got hit by a car, too (by a cab driver in the centre of Prague - the bloody bugger just drove on and did not car hitting me). My sturdy bone structure prevented a serious injury but I was one big, achy bruise. I wish your hubby a speedy recovery!

*care about
Probably a bit dim after the surgery.

Ohh bless him, glad he's not too seriously injured. Some people need to be a bit more careful behind the wheel and consider other road users more especially those without four wheels!! Take care.

Oh no! Hope he heals up and gets well soon. I'm the same as you, would have been straight reporting that driver, maybe worth phoning your non-emergency line and reporting it anyway, just incase?

Sorry for being so late in posting, I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery Terri! How's he feeling today? (Sorry about weird time and wording, my body clock is all wrong atm! On night shifts...)

I drive a van and yesterday I had a jogger in front of me with headphones on no way could he see me coming or hear me luckily for him I saw him and moved over

In my younger days it was always the rule to run or walk towards the traffic

Don't know what the highway code says today may have changed

Gosh Teri, only just seen this thread.

Hope your OH is ok and up and running again.

Some drivers are so impatient and have no consideration for others but themselves in their own metal bubble. ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif)

Oops sorry forgot to say hope he's ok

Young and fun95 wrote:

Awful what happened to your OH the driver obviously saw him and didn't see why he should move out of your partners way.

on the subject of cyclists though, I'm a learner driver and get 4 hours on the road a week for the past month, the amount of stupid arrogant cyclists I've seen in that time is rediculous, cycling on the inside of a round about and trying to push their way out, not indicating where they're going, cycling in groups of 5+ taking up the whole road with a massive que of cars behind them. Not only is it stupidly dangerous but makes other road users resent them, so the good cyclists that actually stay to the side are tarred with the same brush :/

I think someone needs to have a good hard look at the highway code, and have a look at these documents:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/9190/nsct-level-two.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/9191/nsct-level-three.pdf