Hobbies and other interests

It’s good to have them backed up Will, a bloke I worked with some years ago lost 80gb of mp3 music when his laptop malfunctioned, he was gutted. With my Spotify the music is stored on their server and accessed directly, no storage needed, also I have unlimited data, calls and texts, I can’t tell the difference between analogue and digital :slightly_smiling_face:

Love British 30s 40s 50s and 60s black and white films

@Knight1119 i only have 2gb of phone data per month as i get free wi-fi at work, so wouldn’t get the benefit of paying for more. As for analogue vs digital, me neither, i can here all the nuances and details in a mix, that suits me fine!

1 Like

@WillC, I used to have the same issue with my phone data allowance, and music storage space on my laptop. For me in terms of digital vs analogue, I’m not a music purist, if it sounds good I’m happy :slightly_smiling_face:

@Knight1119 me too.

Anything to do with tech. Tinkering with different programming languages, programming games and other software. 3D printing. Yep, I’m a nerd.

2 Likes

For my sins I am a Mitsubishi master tec . What’s the problem @Bex84 ?

1 Like

@woodstock2 Overheated so not sure whether it has knackered it completely lol :see_no_evil: loathed to scrap her but not sure I am going to have the time to get her sorted :disappointed: xxx

1 Like

Had an FTO for a few years, way back. Loved it, awesome fun to drive. It’s a little like a 2 stroke bike, it feels like it has power bands, and lives up in the high revs, which is awesome. Just one word of warning, had real problems with the gearbox, that was the thing that made me get rid in the end.

1 Like

All this automotive talk is taking me down memory lane . My first car was a 55’ Chevy (thanks to American Graffiti ) , then a 388HP Chevelle that I built , SS Nova , 69’ 340 Dodge Dart Sport , and my last almost a hot rod was my 73’ Dodge Shorty van that I BUILT UP A 360CI balanced and blueprinted engine for and installed a Mopar Racing overdrive automatic . The suspension was upgraded and the heaviest sway bars they made for it . I did get a lot of joy out of shutting down many young fellows with their " Fast and Furious " style imports . Imagine their surprise when all they saw was the back of a full size van . Now days I get my performance only from my motorcycles .

2 Likes

How hot did it get ? Does it run ?

Funny you should ask . Even though I had a custom four core radiator made for it I had heating problems going slow or at speed . I ran dual electric fans that did not move enough air , a clutch type fan that did real well up to about 60 MPH . A flex fan that worked well up to 120 MPH , but would overheat in traffic . Safety limit for engines I built was 210 F 98.88 C .

Xbox, played rugby for 25years, play 5s with work mates from time to time.
Classic cars, modern cars to level, but I prefer classic.
I’ve also got into cleaning my car the past 5 years or so. Could easily spent 5hours washing polishing my current pick up.

Just wondering what everyone’s hobbies are on here? Seeing as there is people from all walks of life here, thought maybe something a little different! :laughing:

1 Like

@WelshCouple91 hello! I’m a bit of a music and film anorak. I guess visiting here could be classed as a hobby too!

@WillC :laughing: i come on here just for a nose and then wonder where all my wages have gone! :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Everything to do with tech and gadgets here, current faves, VR (just got a Quest 2), 3D printing, coding (video games mostly, but lots of other stuff too), and MAME.

Umm what is MAME @newbie_analyst?

Multi Arcade Machine Emulator

It’s a project to emulate the actual hardware of every arcade machine ever made, so you can get hold of the roms from the actual circuit board of, say, a PacMan machine, and play the actual game as originally created but on a PC (or a Raspberry Pi, or any of many other hardware options). There are 10’s of 1000’s of machines emulated, great fun reliving the old days of playing real fun arcade games in a loud, dark, smoky arcade. I’m a hopeless nostalgic.

1 Like

I would never of guessed that! :laughing: i just race motocross and collect Marvel toys! :laughing: and Mrs Welsh collects horror funko pops! It’s the little things when you have kids aswel! :ok_hand:

1 Like