Home-printed return labels

Maybe I'm seeing problem where there aren't any, but I've just printed my first return label (so far I've used the ones supplied by LH) and it turned out beautifully. But it's raining, and I only have an inkjet printer and inkjet print is most definitely not waterproof, so I'm wondering: Has anybody ever had problems because a label became illegible? I suppose it doesn't take much to confuse a barcode reader when I think of my experiences at supermarket checkouts...

I'm seriously wondering whether I should stick the lable in a plastic sleeve - or would that cause more problems than it would solve?

you could cover the lable in see-thru sticky tape

Just tape over the top? Never sent anything back to Lovehoney with a home printed label, but have done lots of Hermes things and just taped them on without any problem

I think you are indeed seeing a problem that isnt there. Just sellotape over the top of it. Werent you going to sellotape it on anyway, how else were you going to stick it down?

popk1n wrote:...Werent you going to sellotape it on anyway, how else were you going to stick it down?

With liquid UHU and (non-transparent) professional packing tape along the edges. I never use sellotape for serious glueing.

Well, I print my labels with laser, but I always use professional transparent packing tape over it anyway. Other option, and I'd suppose all countries have that, in the post or by a courier you can get the plastic bags they normally use to stick labels on to parcels. Cheap, easy and effective.