Returns - Lovehoney Instructions

A while ago it was discussed that Lovehoney prints and sends out about a million return labels per year, very few of which are actually used for returning items, which is a terrible waste of resources.

Then why do the Lovehoney return instructions, both on the website and in the e-mail one receives after filling out the returns form, specifically say: "3. Please visit https://globalmaileurope.dhl.com/web/portal-europe/generate_label?location=1705543108, enter the required data and print your returns label."

I lots of return labels in my LH file, so why am I told to print yet another one? Wouldn't it make sense to change the instructions to something like: "If you do no longer have the return label from your shipment, you can print one here (link to website)."

Hi Talia 

Thank you for this suggestion.

We love any idea that would make us a greener company.

We would hope that some intiative would come into this and if there was a past label to use then a customer would do so. However maybe we can make that clearer. 

Pop this one over to the suggestions thread to be picked up on :) 

Thanks again 

To be honest , I wish they had kept sending the labels .
I had some stuff to return , and it was a pain having to set up the printer , and very fiddly to work out what to do .
Apart from the quality of the goods going down ( one of corsets had a bone coming out) ,and the sizing all wrong (someone needs to tell lovehoney what XXL actually means) havng to print my own label the last straw with me
What about those who haven't got a printer ?
I did make a comment to customer services and got a very patronising reply , using the "Green " argument .
If Lovehhoney are too tight (and ,let's face it , that's the *real* reason)to provide labels ,can't they at least give a freepost adress to send to , so we could just write it on the package ? ( Yes ,some of us do use pen and paper)
Really disapointed by lovehoney . After many years of using them ,I doubt I shall bother again

Being able to return items whether they've been used or I just don't like them, setting up my printer to print off a label so I am able to get my money back, in my opinion, is a small price to pay. You're forgetting the fact lovehoney is the only sex toy retailer that accepts refunds for used sex toys.

I find airing problems like this a little dramatic and unnecessary. Especially as it is a minor problem. You should always try to revolve issues straightforwardly with lovehoney themselves. Not creating a thread where lovehoney have to defend themselves.

Sending out lots of bits of paper with every order would not be at all green, time consuming and just a headache.

Honestly Weeradge I find your post rude. The amount of people that returned things when they included labels wasn't great enough to keep including them with every package. It was wasteful and not eco-friendly. I don't think it's patronising to explain why they no longer do it and I don't think they're "tight" at all. Don't forget that they don't have to take returns, be grateful that they even offer it in the first place. Most sex shops don't. 👍

I think Weeradge is just feeling a bit miffed, since he/she joined in 2012 they've seen a slow eradication of most of teh benefits lovehoney offered, including free delivery on anything, regardless of order value, a pretty decent (in terms of return) loyalty scheme, the recycling reward has ended too and an end to regular 30% off voucher codes. I can fully appreciate the sentiment.

And now, with the returns policy, they've popped a barrier up for some people; theres no doubt it is shifting another cost onto the consumer, and maybe that's a sign that the returns policy will eventually be eroded too...

The issue on the sizing is an industry wide one though, not just LH own brand.

Sum Sub wrote:

I think Weeradge is just feeling a bit miffed, since he/she joined in 2012 they've seen a slow eradication of most of teh benefits lovehoney offered, including free delivery on anything, regardless of order value, a pretty decent (in terms of return) loyalty scheme, the recycling reward has ended too and an end to regular 30% off voucher codes. I can fully appreciate the sentiment.

And now, with the returns policy, they've popped a barrier up for some people; theres no doubt it is shifting another cost onto the consumer, and maybe that's a sign that the returns policy will eventually be eroded too...

The issue on the sizing is an industry wide one though, not just LH own brand.

+1 ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Not rude at all ,just pointing out few things .
A retuns label could easily be printed on paper ,instead of the sticky stuff they used . That way it could be recycled if not used .
OR Lovehoney could provide a freepost address , so us mortals could use a pen and write it out

Reading between the lines and certainly after watching the LH documentaries , the inclusion of the returns label , made it too easy and almost inviting someone to return the product/garment regardless of whether there was a fault with it or not .Already other shops are suffering returns in the sense that people will wear a garment for a party and then return it to the shop . I have even seen this practise on a documentary on tv .

Obviously with toys LH can't repackage any of these returns and they go into a pile to be destroyed which is a cost to the company. I am not sure if returned lingerie is treated the same way.

So whilst the LH returns policy is still an excellent policy you really from a business point of view don't want to keep the door open all the time  inviting people to return things . So there is a little work to be done to return something but if the product has a genuine fault or doesn't fit , the customer will go to the trouble of printing a label .

Obviously not everyone has access to a printer and perhaps some contingency plans could be implemented to assist in that circumstance .

Just my thoughts.

True , the returns policy is second to none , just wish the garments were up to scratch . If they were any good (size wise, and quality) I wouldn't have needed to return them , in fact I would have prefered to have kept them .
Returning stuff ,even with a pre printed label is still a pain , so I only return as a last resort

Weeradge wrote:

True , the returns policy is second to none , just wish the garments were up to scratch . If they were any good (size wise, and quality) I wouldn't have needed to return them , in fact I would have prefered to have kept them .
Returning stuff ,even with a pre printed label is still a pain , so I only return as a last resort

I am quite sure that you do and you come accross as being a honest and genuine person .

However there are those who just return items for the sake of it and its these type that need to be discouraged from doing so , And I think this perhaps a reason was to why LH made it more difficult to return things. Unfortunately it also affects everyone else as well including your good self.

I am really sorry to hear you are not happy with this change. I will pass on your comments. 

We found such a minimal use of the labels, that is why we made this decision. 

Unfortuantely not everyone recycles, I personally would love it if we did. So even if we had a paper inclusion we would feel would be a waste with the amount that we send and the ratio of return. 

We are very open aboiut our 365 day return poicy and you can return for absolutely any reason. So it is certainly not to stop people using this fantastic policy. With our new web layout it is bright and bold to see on the home page. 

We are a business and we do need to look at all avenues to be green and to keep offering such a brilliant returns process. 

We do take all feedback on board so I will make the team aware of this thread. If you have received a non fuctioning item and you need to return with zero access to a printer please do contact customer care. We will try and help as best as we can. 

Ofcourse Lovehoney shouldn't send returns labels to everyone, it's such a waste of trees. I think it's great that Lovehoney do their best to be green. It's such a minimal hassle to print a returns lable (coming from myself who live in Sweden and always have to ask live chat for help = more hassle for me, but not even bothering me) in exchange for getting to use the best returns policy. Especially since the things we return not can be sent to another customer.

Weeradge, the problems you have experienced with sizing may be due to other brands than just LH. It's not them who are doing the sizing for other brands.

Funnily, I still receive (or rather, received in May) return labels with my shipments, printed on paper, the left half is the label, the right half the proof of sending to be stamped by the post office. Though I could easily do without, as I still have most of my return labels from last year's shipments. Doesn't everybody who has been a customer for some time? (Which is why I was so surprised and confused by the instructions by mail and on the website - especially as they give a different procedure and a different address...)

I can't see why LH don't provide a freepost address , then old fogeys like me could just write it on the box , using my own recycled paper

Talia wrote:

Funnily, I still receive (or rather, received in May) return labels with my shipments, printed on paper, the left half is the label, the right half the proof of sending to be stamped by the post office. Though I could easily do without, as I still have most of my return labels from last year's shipments. Doesn't everybody who has been a customer for some time? (Which is why I was so surprised and confused by the instructions by mail and on the website - especially as they give a different procedure and a different address...)

That's all very well ,but not everyone has access to (or even wants ) a printer . Technoology s being forced on us .

I'm pretty sure a Free post address would cost more than the way they are doing it so would be down to costs as obviously all costs add up and last thing we want as a consumer is for that wonderful returns policy to disappear as it is a big thing fir myself and many I'm sure especially when trying new things or surprising the OH in case they don't like it.

Yes you are right technology is being forced upon us but that is obviously the way it is going so unfortunately people need to change with the times unfortunately.

Just to add I am 26 and still get my daughter to write thank you letter's for her presents as I think it is more polite than an email or social media message!!! bearing in mind she is only 3 lol but hopefully you get my point.

I have noticed that there are quite a few good and well intentioned comments in relation to the lack of a returns label in every parcel and the amount of waste this saves. OK fine all well and dandy no complaints here. . BUT what about all the paper that is used in the packing for the parcels ?

Thats why I don't quite buy the ecological reason for not enclosing the return labels .

And then of course printing yuor own label takes up a full sheet of A4 paper wheeby only a small part is actually printed. Therefore more waste.

Just saying........................

mysteron wrote:

I have noticed that there are quite a few good and well intentioned comments in relation to the lack of a returns label in every parcel and the amount of waste this saves. OK fine all well and dandy no complaints here. . BUT what about all the paper that is used in the packing for the parcels ?

Thats why I don't quite buy the ecological reason for not enclosing the return labels .

And then of course printing yuor own label takes up a full sheet of A4 paper wheeby only a small part is actually printed. Therefore more waste.

Just saying........................

Yes great point, but we do the packaging in the manner we have to prevent knowing what is  inside and to minimalise  damage in transit. So where we can we  will  cut out what we can to be greener. One pride we have is discretion so I am sure people may appreciate this packagiing paper in some ways.

As stated the ratio of return to printed labels was so small and people were printing labels already previous to this change so we feel it more effective then sending one with every parcel, saves on a lot of paper.

In regards to a free post address this feedback has been passed on and as I am really sorry to hear some of you are unhappy about this previous change.

I've seen recently that a widely used packaging solution is inflatable plastic bags - really thin plastic filled with air and packed around the product - like giant bubblewrap. Is this any less green, i know the paper goes in my recycling bin, but once I've had fun popping the airbags with my 8in kitchen knife, the plastic just goes in my general waste.

A firm like lovehoney ultimately exists to make its owners rich, so who can blame them for trying to shunt costs onto the customer. - especially when we have to pay for expansion into overseas makets. similarly customers must appraise where they spend their money...!