Hot wax play.

We've always wanted to try Candle Hot Wax Play, what tips and advise would members have to share.

Make sure you go for candles designed for the purpose aa they have a lower melting point so won't burn you.

The massage candles on lovehoney are fab as an introduction to get used to the temperature, and always try on an area that's not too sensitive first.. Sometimes it just isnt what you expect it to be so best to be sure it's ok for you before putting it somewhere more sensitive

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

Make sure you go for candles designed for the purpose aa they have a lower melting point so won't burn you.

The massage candles on lovehoney are fab as an introduction to get used to the temperature, and always try on an area that's not too sensitive first.. Sometimes it just isnt what you expect it to be so best to be sure it's ok for you before putting it somewhere more sensitive

+1 Definitely make sure they're candles for that purpose unless you have a high pain threshold as std candles can/do burn

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

+2

normal candles can burn you so get the proper ones designed for play

Rimmer57 wrote:

We've always wanted to try Candle Hot Wax Play, what tips and advise would members have to share.

Glad this thread came up. That's something I was wondering too!

I did know you didn't use household candles. The massage candles sound very nice!

I love it the massage candles in here they are great , dripped on your breasts and massaged in is really nice, not a pain it's more of a sensual feeling, there's also the bondage candles if you want to feel it a bit more , wouldn't just use normal shop bought candles xx

Oh god! gonna have to get them now after that reply! xx :)

Do it ozz there lovely x

I am! x

Ozz wrote:

I am! x

Yay x

Or melt your candles in a wax pot. That way you can dial in the exact temperature you want, and ready to pour.

You've just found another use for that old sheet. lol x

I can vouch for the Lovehoney candles, they are great, plus you can massage them into the body and lick them!

Thanx everyone, we're going to be ordering some, to give it a try,we love new experiences :))

The lovehoney ones are very good if you have never tried it. No pain at all but you get a nice warm feeling from them. Then you can progress to something with a higher melting point as you see fit.

Also I would highly recomend being blindfolded at the same time. The shock of not knowing when it's coming doubles the fun.

I agree the Lovehoney massage candles are good for warmth and nice temperature play, but if you are looking for a little bit of "sweet pain", I recommend these bondage candles: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16781 Still not warm enough to harm you, but hot enough to sting you in the best ways ;-)

They get really messy though, so use an old sheet or towels or just... be prepared to pick wax prickles out of your sheet for a while.

Ozz wrote:

Rimmer57 wrote:

Glad this thread came up. That's something I was wondering too!

I did know you didn't use household candles. The massage candles sound very nice!

I didn't know this....used a household candle & got a burn in my belly button that ended up needing antibiotic cream.......I've kept away from candles ever since! 😱 I honestly didn't realise there was candles with a lower melting temp, this place learns me new things every day, I may need to put one in my basket now lol! X

The LH massage candles are great and have been in the 3 for £10 deals, they might still be.

I took one as our secret gift (amongst other things) for our summer holiday. I find giving a massage more stimulating than receiving one so it was all good.

They really are lovely my fave is the cherry x

We got a delivery this morning of 3 different types of candle to try, Lovehoney Lickable Cherry, Lelo Flickering Touch Black Pepper and Pomegranete and Doc Johnson Japanese Drip Candles, can't wait to try them with the wife. Will let you know soon how we got on ;)))

I actually had two I got as a present and I would love to just try them on myself although I was saving them to use on somebody. Now I'm really curious!

Here's hoping I get a fella soon and then I can cable tie him to a bed or chair and blindfold him then drip my candles all over him. Ooh yum!!!