How did you meet your Partner ?

I met my boyfriend 2 years ago, my 18th birthday in Spain when we were on holiday. Since then I've moved in with him - split up, weve had a son together, and shall be relocating near him again in 2 weeks :)

I met my wife at work, she is the women I was looking for. Been married nearly 15 years and many children.

I don't have a romantic partner but I met my long term friend with benefits on a kink website. I was 18, pretty new to kink and just looking for casual relationships to explore my kinky side. He was the only person I met, most of the people on that particular site were pretty strange (and not the good type of strange), and we are still having fun over seven and a half years later.

We've both had long relationships during that time but when both of us are single we rekindle the relationship. Right now we've been seeing each other for nine months and we are still finding new things to try and new boundaries to push.

I think friends with benefits relationships get a bad press so I just wanted to throw out that they can work really well. When I met him all those years ago I was expecting a couple of months of fun at the most but instead I found someone I am exceptionally sexually compatible with and also got a friend.

Friday13 wrote:

I don't have a romantic partner but I met my long term friend with benefits on a kink website. I was 18, pretty new to kink and just looking for casual relationships to explore my kinky side. He was the only person I met, most of the people on that particular site were pretty strange (and not the good type of strange), and we are still having fun over seven and a half years later.

We've both had long relationships during that time but when both of us are single we rekindle the relationship. Right now we've been seeing each other for nine months and we are still finding new things to try and new boundaries to push.

I think friends with benefits relationships get a bad press so I just wanted to throw out that they can work really well. When I met him all those years ago I was expecting a couple of months of fun at the most but instead I found someone I am exceptionally sexually compatible with and also got a friend.

Thats interesting. So now as you have been in a relationship with this guy for some time now do you feel anything else other than just being friends with physical sex? Ie how do you see the relationship going in the future? Sorry if I come accross as being nosey its just a very interesting scenario .

mysteron wrote:

Friday13 wrote:

Thats interesting. So now as you have been in a relationship with this guy for some time now do you feel anything else other than just being friends with physical sex? Ie how do you see the relationship going in the future? Sorry if I come accross as being nosey its just a very interesting scenario .

I have thought about whether there ever could be a romantic relationship between us but I think there was probably a window when that could have happened years ago but we have gone past that point now. The dynamic has changed though. We were always primarily about the sex more than the friendship (and still are, to be truthful) but we spend a lot more time chatting and now go on more days out together to things like museums and kink events. I suspect that if we continue to hang out (and I expect we will because we are ridiculously sexually compatible) then we will probably end up being better friends. We have both independently started to get more involved in the kink community (munches etc, I've always gone to clubs) so I think that in the not too distant future our friendship groups may start to merge too.

It is a bit of an unusual situation but it works for us :)

The internet... it can work if you properly vet people.

We got chatting on tinder summer of last year. Never met up or dated and it kinda fizzled out but we occasionally kept in touch.

Anyway, things went sour with a girl I was dating at work (only for a month) and just thought "what the hell" and got back in touch.

We met up and after a few dates we realised we were perfect for each other. Lots of differences but I've never met anyone who I've laughed with so much. Plus, We both have incredibly high sex drives! It's a strange situation that we both love to be dominant and submissive ... the roles vary to each extreme.

There's a lot to be said about online dating!

Waw you guys have soon great romance stories.
So I always wanted to travel. My auntie took me on holiday with my nan and cousin. We both saw an opportunity to uproot and move to this small village in Wales.
We started doing cockle picking! All the guys would help us because we were 2 young girls looking to make a life together.
After awhile it got harder too earn cash, so we started travelling further. Eventually a couple of friends we made said they were leaving for Scotland and invited us.
We arrived in Scotland and arranged to meet our friends later. Booked into a hotel for the meantime.
There he was an absolute stunner, I had to get to know this guy. He asked me to go out with him to which I obliged. We had so much fun and had loads in common it was meant to be.
That was 10 years ago, we have been together ever since and married for three years

I'll say it again but I have alaways been amazed at how long lasting relationships often with marriage and kids starts from simple beginnings ie boy meets girl or by chance .

So, I was meant to move in with my boyfriend for my final year at uni, then we split up, but all my friends had accommodation sorted already, so I was pretty screwed! Then a guy (who I barely knew) on my course was looking for a flat mate in his shared house and I ended up moving in - with 3 boys - it wasn't ideal as I didn't know the other two at all. Apart from not being the tidiest house, it was ok, and meant I had somewhere to live! So the other two flat mates, one was just my ideal type, it took about 6 months, but one night when we were out in a club with friends, I was walking up the stairs and he spanked my bum, I was delighted! Been together ever since (about 12 years) married, 2 kids, one more on the way.

I met my man at a party, at a friend's house. I was 19, it was August 2005. I was already a bit drunk when he arrived with a bunch of other friends I didn't know. He was talking to one of my friends about music and she called me to join the discussion, as they were talking about one of my favourite bands. We talked for most of the night and at that point, he was quite drunk as well, but we had a lot of fun. He left with his friends and I stayed overnight. When I woke up in the morning, I had a moment of hesitation, I did not know if I should ask our mutual friend to give me his phone number so we could meet again, and as I was not very self confident at that time, I thought he was a bit too drunk and he may not event remember me. So I gave up for then.

January 2006. I got an invitation from this friend for his birthday. First thing I thought was "I hope the guy I met last time will be there!" And he was there... but he was very different, he had grown his hair and lost quite a lot of weight, so I did not recognise him! I got drunk, he got drunk as well, and I don't exactly remember how we ended up in the kitchen talking together, and then I realised it was him. He told me he did remember me from the last time and that he wanted to ask our friend for my number but he didn't because he thought I was so drunk I would not remember him! :D he also said he was not really keen on coming to this birthday party because he had had a bad day and his friends almost forced him to come.

We spent the night together and today, 9 years later, I sometimes think about how we nearly missed the best love story ever for being too shy and not confident enough to ask for a phone number. It was really meant to be and feel so lucky to have him in my life!

Thats a nice story and another victory for fate ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Online dating, Plenty of Fish to be exact. xD

We both joined for a laugh with friends and I wasn't expecting to meet anyone through it, other than for sex and fun but when I started talking to my OH I guess it was nice that he wasn't interested in sex (like all the other guys had) and he was actually the only guy I met up with on the website who I'd been speaking to.

I don't regret it and I've met my soul mate. :)

This sounds worse than it was, but I used to be her ex-husband's boss.

They had split up and were nearly divorced before I started going out with her!
We have been together over 3 years now, and we are both much more sexually active than we were before.

Well I just wrote a rediculously long reply to this threat and accidentally refreshed the page... maybe I'll try again later *sighs*

I met my girlfriend at work, she had been there a while we got chatting and it went from there really

I was 23 and working at a dog rescue center. Oh came to do his work experince there and I was his boss - he was 16. 2 kids and 26 years later and he's now the boss - or I let him think he is ;) ! Lol

I met my gorgeous husband when I was on a night out 8 1/2 years ago. He was my taxi driver it was definitely love at first site. He gave me his card with his number on it and from there we text each other everyday and met up most days. We've been happily married for 7 years this year and I love him more and more everyday! He is my soul mate my best friend my everything, my world and my life without him now wouldn't be worth living.

I do believe in love at first site, doesn't happen to everyone but it does happen xx

So many nice stories, a fantastic thread.

Me and my wife met 25 years ago at a conference none of us wanted to go to. I had been working very hard over almost a year and was looking forward to some vacation when my boss ordered me to have a speach at this conference. Very reluctasntly I went.

My wife was in the same situation, had been travelling a lot and wanted to stay with her daughter, but was ordered by her boss to go and tell about the situation in a former Soviet state (yes, she's from one of those liberated countries).

At the first reception of the conference I saw her standing there, all other people just disappeared, I saw only her - dressed in a black dress, pale and long dark hair. When looking at her lots of images from happy moments ran through my head and she was like a symbol for all happiness I'd experienced. And I knew she was the right one.

Since we were living in different countries we had some trouble to meet to begin with, but after two years we started living together. That was 25 years ago, and - I'm not lying - every single day I've been tremendously happy to see her at my side.

Our daughter often says she has never seen such a happy couple and that she wishes she will have the same luck.

So do we.

I met my OH through a girls night out. We were out having a girls night out when we ran into the guys. They were having a quiet drink. We didn't speak until we were leaving and we got talking about getting cattle prods to move people out of the way etc and something clicked. He texted my friend asking for my number. I didn't get it till a week later then as soon as I texted he kept on texting back. We finally got together a year later and have been inseperable since 10 years this October! We've no kids unforts I can't have any but we've two furrbabies that need us like kids, maybe one day I'll be lucky to conceive. Anyways that's how I met my partner.![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)