✨ How have things changed - Feedback needed!

To some extent, yes sex education’s quality and sex toys being mainstream look like they have been better lately.
That said I’ve seen vintage ads about massagers that looked quite comfortable and mainstream about toys for women in married couples. I don’t really know how it was then, but it looked not so bad.

However, sex education has recently been made more taboo for teenagers in United States and now some schools are actively hunting for students who don’t conform to their assigned gender. True, we have better laws for lgbtqia like marriage, transition, against conversion therapy and a few countries have a law against intersex mutilation, but there are still a lot of countries where being gay is illegal and “correcting” intersex kid’s bodies is seen as the thing to do, and now some states make afab kids and trans girls submit to very intrusive tests to make sure they’re not trans or intersex.

As internet made it possible to share information, it also allowed to spread misinformation and to make people fear trans and non binary people. As internet made it easier for us to gather, to organize, it also allowed homophobes and transphobes to do so.

Another concerning point is that very recently, some teenagers have become very puritan but if you haven’t heard of that, here’s a whole thread that talks about it better than I could: Tumblr
I am worried about how they’re going to be when they’ll be adults, but I don’t think they’ll be as comfortable as us concerning sexuality and imagination related to it.

Concerning the quality, the range, the evolution of sex toys, undeniably yes. We learned which components are safe and which aren’t, we experimented with new shapes, new technologies, we explore more kinks and internet of course allowed people to voice what they want from a sex toy and what their imagination creates, which inspires toy makers. It’s kind of hard to go back, and easier to go forward in this matter, unless we’d become a puritan world that would banish sex toys, and even so, creativity would still win over these laws.

1 Like