How many partners is too many partners?

i'm neeearly 26, i'm on 1.

I don't think i'd put a 'too many' number on it. if you can still count them, it's not too many :P

I'm 23 and have had 6 sexual partners, my fiancé is 27 and has had 7. I don't think it matters to be honest as long as you are careful and protect yourself and have had regular checks for anything if you have had sex without condoms x

too many is when YOU (and only you) feel bad about it all. If you don't / haven't , then I'd say you're doing OK.

To be honest, I don't really know. I discussed with my OH recently about how many partners we've had. I'm on single figures, whilst he's on double. I know most women would be a bit concerned and nosey as to exactly how many, but I'm really not that arsed.

This being said if my OH had been with say... 15 and over, I'd be a little bit miffed, but not bothered. But I think that's purely down to the fact he's with me now and for that matter I don't really care how many people he has been with.

I'm 21 and I've had 2 sexual partners. Never knew how many those two had before me because I never even thought to ask. I never thought about it and I don't think I'd care that much. Everyone's different and guys usually tend to have more sexual partners than girls I think. Unless a guy decided to tell me himself I don't think I'd even think to ask, its just not something I've thought about before.

I think if your own 'number' is high enough to embarrass you, then that's too many for you. Other than that, it doesn't matter at all.

At 26 I'm not too old, but I've had less partners than the digits on my hands ;-) but personally the younger ones I've seen have a check of a lot more partners in a couple of years than what I would of going back 8 years. For a man, I don't think it matters too much to a degree and plenty of men I've met use the magic nine line on me and I laugh at them, then they usually fess up lol. My OH has hit 24 with me included and that's 17 years worth of activity whereas with me it's spanned over 10 years with the majority unfortunately being before I was 18. This may. Sound bad but we have to assess the person first, I went throu a terrible ordeal at 12 and 14 which I'm sure you guys can guess what it is and this led me to wrong choices, however I've only had 2 one nighters in my time :-P I think that's good going lol.

I think this is more of a question to yourself than us. Depends on religion and you perspective of sex. Id say anthing from 1-10000000000000 is okay as long as you are okay with it. Once you start feeling nasty about your number of sexual partners, then you proberbly crossed your limit.

I am 27 only slept with 2 people

I met my wife when I was 18, fell in love and we've been together ever since. We were married 10 years recently and fancy the pants off each other still. She's the only women I've slept with and the only women I want to sleep with. We have a great sex life with a little help from lovehoney.

I don't think there is an ideal number when it comes to sexual partners. That's up to the individual.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I met my wife when I was 18, fell in love and we've been together ever since. We were married 10 years recently and fancy the pants off each other still. She's the only women I've slept with and the only women I want to sleep with. We have a great sex life with a little help from lovehoney.

I don't think there is an ideal number when it comes to sexual partners. That's up to the individual.

that's freakin lovely

I think my name gives it away for me! I've had a fair few partners, More than what anyone here has posted, but i don't think bad about myself. As others have said it's down to the person.

Someone could have had 5 partners, not used contraception, ended up with sti's or pregnant and not known half of their partners names, while someone else could have had 40, but used protection every single time and knew the people they were sleeping with.

Sex is something to be enjoyed, it's supposed to be fun. Some people just enjoy the pleasure aspect of it,while others see it as a connection of love. There's nothing wrong with either of those opinions. Me and my partner have slept with around the same amount of people, but i have hard partners in the past who have slept with a hell of alot less than me and it's never been a problem, nor should it be (:

I think once you've found the one for you then the next one would be too many!!

Until that time you having to keep looking. Sometimes its the first usually it isn't.

I hope my earlier post didn't give the wrong impression. I was lucky enough to meet my wife when I was young is all. Its like little miss frustrated said, once you find the one you want the next one is one too many.

I think it is completely down to the opinion of each person, With some couples it can cause a slight amount of tension because one partner may have little experience and the other may have slept with every person going, so the lesser experienced one then feels more under pressure to perform or may feel inadequate.

My partner has only had 4 sexual partners (As in full intercourse, not foreplay or messing about), he lost his virginity 9 years ago. I've had 13 sexual partners (Again, Intercourse only), I lost my virginity 5 years ago.

This bothered my partner at first because he felt as though maybe he missed out, Though honestly every experience I had was "missing something" until I met my current partner :)

Im 25 next week and i've slept with around 70 different men. I would say that's WAY too many :/

So long as the person is safe and clean I don't think there is too many.

however there is certainly more risk of STI's the more partners you have. I'd be more worried and turned off by someone who is so unconcerned about being safe (or had actually caught an STI through unsafe sex) than I would by someone who has had lots of partners

26 yrs and I am on my first, he is 30 and I am number 4 on his list.

No reasons in particular, that is just how it turned out.

When I was younger I had no confidence because of teen acne, so I decided to wait until I was older, I also feel that I have to have an emotional connection, so long story short (please don't laugh) I met my lovely lady over 12 years ago we started as pen pals, then became friends, then after 2 years of friendship we became more, to this day she is the only one for me emotionally & sexual, I cannot imagine my life without her in it, love her to bits.

S&M sexy times wrote:

When I was younger I had no confidence because of teen acne, so I decided to wait until I was older, I also feel that I have to have an emotional connection, so long story short (please don't laugh) I met my lovely lady over 12 years ago we started as pen pals, then became friends, then after 2 years of friendship we became more, to this day she is the only one for me emotionally & sexual, I cannot imagine my life without her in it, love her to bits.

This didn't really answer the question sorry folks, I personally feel if a person doesn't feel uncomfortable or embarassed by the number of previous sexual encounters & importantly they have practised safe sex then it shouldn't be a big problem. There are times when I feel I may have missed out having only one sexual partner, but to be honest love & sex is the most important connection for me.